Talk about Suns envy...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So i'm watching the Sun Sport Live - a local Florida talk show on my regional FOx Sports package and these complete and utter idiots ranked Nash THIRD under O'Neal (who apparently is the RUNAWAY MVP candidate). Okay - I expected that - but then, THEN - for Coach of the Year... they choose STAN VAN GUNDY - and then next choose Scott Skiles... and then next choose RICK CARLISLE!? And didn't EVEN MENTION DA! They are going on and on and on about Shaq - but good lord - this isn't even the best record the Heat have ever had. They aren't even gonna win 60 games? What makes THIS Shaq team any different than the last two that got blown out of the playoffs?

We are seriously getting ZERO respect. No one thinks we HAVE A PRAYER IN HELL.

I can't wait for the playoffs to start and I think the boys know the exact feeling!

Last edited:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
So i'm watching the Sun Sport Live - a local Florida talk show on my regional FOx Sports package and these complete and utter idiots ranked Nash THIRD under O'Neal (who apparently is the RUNAWAY MVP candidate). Okay - I expected that - but then, THEN - for Coach of the Year... they choose STAN VAN GUNDY - and then next choose Scott Skiles... and then next choose RICK CARLISLE!? And didn't EVEN MENTION DA!

We are seriously getting ZERO respect. No one thinks we HAVE A PRAYER IN HELL.

I can't wait for the playoffs to start and I think the boys know the exact feeling!

Who do they have second in the MVP?

Joe Mama

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Stan Van Gundy for COY? LOL!

Actually, my list would be:

Mike D'Antoni
Scott Skiles
Rick Carlisle

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to put this to you, but the people who work for Fox broadcasting aren't exactly known for unbiased thinking....

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
Who do they have second in the MVP?

Joe Mama

Iverson.

Total joke. This whole no respect thing I really think is sour grapes - everyone expected us to fall off - we didn't so they're just waiting to pounce. I hope we serve 'em all up with a double helping of schitbrugers!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Rick Carlisle has not gotten nearly enough credit nationally for the job he has done this season (not to mention his entire career). That being said D'Antoni still is the Coach of the Year.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Rick Carlisle has not gotten nearly enough credit nationally for the job he has done this season (not to mention his entire career).

He did win coach of the year just a couple of seasons ago, so it's not like he's been ignored.

Reaction score
elindholm said:
I'm not sure how to put this to you, but the people who work for Fox broadcasting aren't exactly known for unbiased thinking....

HA. Whatever would give you that impression????
Where's BIM ? :p

jibikao

Reaction score
Iverson at #2?

A MVP for a #7-6 team in the East? Gee, that's a great record and achievement.