Suns @ Warriors Wednesday 10-30-19 game thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not surprised you won the Warriors have not been good and the way you guys have defended I knew it was going to be a tough one. Very bummed about Curry but completely clean play, Baynes tried to take a charge and then fell on Curry's hand and Steph had just rolled his ankle shortly before that so he's beat up both hand and foot.

as a Warrior fan I'm at this point figuring this is a lottery team, Looney's out indefinitely with Neuropathy in his legs, Klay out most if not the whole year, now no Steph for awhile. Pretty sure their first pick is protected so I suspect they're going to have a lottery pick there's no way in hell they make the playoffs now.

Last 5 years were fun, this year is like the old days of the early to mid 80's.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love what Baynes brings to the table. I was listing to a podcast and when we signed him they said his biggest contribution is going to his work with Ayton in practice everyday. It’s only going to push Ayton that much harder.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
hmmm... let me ask y'all this.

Is there a universe where eventually Baynes/Ayton end up being a twin-towers duo?

I know it's early days with Baynes, but he's starting to make me think we have a Bill Laimbeer type talent at C. He's got range on his three so he can suck Cs out of the paint, which would open it up for Ayton to just demolish PFs, he's a pretty smart passer and while Baynes might not be a defensive stopper down low against the best of the best, he can body the big guys in a way Ayton can't... and I think he's got a little Laimbeer-sneaky-dirty to him, which I actually like.

thoughts on this idea long-term? I mean, we'd be HUGE AND SKILLED in the front court if that worked.
You and BC. Whoduh thunk it?

I am not sure about your question given how well Saric and Kaminski are playing. I tend to say no. Baynes play does show how important solid physical positional defense at the 5 is—even if it’s not shot blocking.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Re-watching some highlights, i noticed in the 3rd quarter the refs made a bunch of no-calls on Warriors. The game would have been much worse for the Warriors imo.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
hmmm... let me ask y'all this.

Is there a universe where eventually Baynes/Ayton end up being a twin-towers duo?

I know it's early days with Baynes, but he's starting to make me think we have a Bill Laimbeer type talent at C. He's got range on his three so he can suck Cs out of the paint, which would open it up for Ayton to just demolish PFs, he's a pretty smart passer and while Baynes might not be a defensive stopper down low against the best of the best, he can body the big guys in a way Ayton can't... and I think he's got a little Laimbeer-sneaky-dirty to him, which I actually like.

thoughts on this idea long-term? I mean, we'd be HUGE AND SKILLED in the front court if that worked.

I was thinking about that too. Baynes can hit an open jumper, and Ayton can guard the perimeter. I see no reason the Suns can't play them together. They would likely need to "switch" defensive assignments with Baynes guarding the inside player and Ayton guarding the "stretch" player, but I see no reason that couldn't work. Ayton actually does a very good job defending on the perimeter.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Re-watching some highlights, i noticed in the 3rd quarter the refs made a bunch of no-calls on Warriors. The game would have been much worse for the Warriors imo.
I remember thinking when the Warriors had all their rookies and G-Leaguers in, "These kids can't be NOT committing fouls every time down the floor, can they?" I was pretty surprised they didn't get a lot of whistles, even in the 4th.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Yes, Baynes ticks a lot of boxes as Ayton's ideal frontcourt-partner but he will turn 33 soon.
I think he'll still have 2-3 good years, though...and that's a reasonable window of opportunity.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I remember thinking when the Warriors had all their rookies and G-Leaguers in, "These kids can't be NOT committing fouls every time down the floor, can they?" I was pretty surprised they didn't get a lot of whistles, even in the 4th.
We stopped being aggressive. Have to force calls.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not surprised you won the Warriors have not been good and the way you guys have defended I knew it was going to be a tough one. Very bummed about Curry but completely clean play, Baynes tried to take a charge and then fell on Curry's hand and Steph had just rolled his ankle shortly before that so he's beat up both hand and foot.

as a Warrior fan I'm at this point figuring this is a lottery team, Looney's out indefinitely with Neuropathy in his legs, Klay out most if not the whole year, now no Steph for awhile. Pretty sure their first pick is protected so I suspect they're going to have a lottery pick there's no way in hell they make the playoffs now.

Last 5 years were fun, this year is like the old days of the early to mid 80's.

I wish the Suns could have a 5 year period like the Warriors.

That's about all any team can ask for. Healthy the Warriors were nearly unbeatable.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We stopped being aggressive. Have to force calls.
Normally, yes. But we've seen that you don't always have to force calls if you have a reputation or are a rookie, or generally players that don't play. Again, it's a referring double-standard that makes no sense and hurts the integrity of the game. Even if it is the reality. There were plenty times when we got hammered by those G-Leaguers and nothing was called.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Normally, yes. But we've seen that you don't always have to force calls if you have a reputation or are a rookie, or generally players that don't play. Again, it's a referring double-standard that makes no sense and hurts the integrity of the game. Even if it is the reality. There were plenty times when we got hammered by those G-Leaguers and nothing was called.
I am beginning to think there is significant corruption with NBA official, and it’s not about the Suns. Responses and calls just do not make sense otherwise.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's only me but when the Suns jumped out to the big lead in the first half it sort of looked like Booker said something to Monty during a timeout... something like... told you we had this game.

I was only reading facial expressions.

Anyone else notice?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We heard in training camp they were experimenting with Ayton at the 4 with Baynes. It is easy to see why. If we can stay at or around .500 til Ayton is back watch out!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We heard in training camp they were experimenting with Ayton at the 4 with Baynes. It is easy to see why. If we can stay at or around .500 til Ayton is back watch out!

The same here.

Playing .500 was probably the best case scenario when Ayton went out but now I am hoping for more.

It's exciting to think the Suns could easily be 5-0. I will say it, if this team continues to come together when Ayton comes back this could be a playoff team.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I think the officiating issues will resolve themselves. Suns are just starting to build a reputation as a good, physical, scrappy team. They have been seen as "soft" for years. I think they will start getting calls in their favor eventually. Meanwhile, they just have to fight through it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think the officiating issues will resolve themselves. Suns are just starting to build a reputation as a good, physical, scrappy team. They have been seen as "soft" for years. I think they will start getting calls in their favor eventually. Meanwhile, they just have to fight through it.
I think the point is that for all these years, any conversation about the disparity in officiating is ridiculous. Superstars and good teams shouldn't get a preference. Period.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

agreed.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I think the point is that for all these years, any conversation about the disparity in officiating is ridiculous. Superstars and good teams shouldn't get a preference. Period.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that, but that's not the reality. Good team, tough teams, and superstars gets the calls.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard