Suns @Nets Wednesday game thread 1-31-2024

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Book is getting blasted on Social for doing that.

I imagine Mikal did it earlier to Book when he made a three. I mean, he does it after every 3 he makes and he made a few...
It’s unfortunate because Book was being playful with his former teammate. Maybe the timing was bad as it was the dagger that put the Nets away, but man, the stigma Book has in this league is so unfair.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I imagine Mikal did it earlier to Book when he made a three. I mean, he does it after every 3 he makes and he made a few...
The post game video shows that Booker was just horsing around and they were laughing together.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Booker is getting blasted on social media for doing that, they must not have watched a lot of Suns basketball.

Those guys love each other.

I will post this video again.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rockets own their draft for several more years.

Unless they are shipping Bridges to Houston, then hitting the reset button isn't going to help them much.

The Rockets still owe picks to OKC for Westbrook, the Nets owe picks to Houston for Harden, the Suns owe picks to the Nets for Durant. Quite the trail of destruction those 3 have reaped in recent years.
Yes. You’ve made that point repeatedly. But the point ignores that keeping him literally does absolutely nothing for them and his value only depreciates with each successive season because right now he’s still got multiple years left on his deal for another team. The less time on his deal, the less valuable he becomes.

This is his peak value. Actually, his value already peaked this offseason after a sugar rush of points for the Nets post trade that amounted to nothing. Now he’s fallen back to Earth, and another season of his contract is gone. So if you’re going nowhere, you might as well get the most you can for him NOW because either way, on the court your team ain’t doing jack with him on or off it and the longer you wait, the less value he brings to the table.

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If Nets wanted to trade Mikal the off-season was the time to do so - not sure he'll ever match that type of production/trade value again

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Rockets own their draft for several more years.

Unless they are shipping Bridges to Houston, then hitting the reset button isn't going to help them much.

The Rockets still owe picks to OKC for Westbrook, the Nets owe picks to Houston for Harden, the Suns owe picks to the Nets for Durant. Quite the trail of destruction those 3 have reaped in recent years.

Presti has been doing a number on the league in recent in years. Getting SGA and 4 picks for George. Getting a haul from Houston for Westbrook when Paul was actually the better asset. Then getting a pick from Phoenix for Paul and another pick from Golden St for Oubre and hitting on most of their picks. His only mistake was trading the Şengün pick otherwise they’d be a bigger juggernaut going forward than they already are.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I get it. If you’re not a suns fan you probably don’t know they’re buddies and it was likely in good fun/competition. To the casual fan it likely comes off as taunting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s unfortunate because Book was being playful with his former teammate. Maybe the timing was bad as it was the dagger that put the Nets away, but man, the stigma Book has in this league is so unfair.
Book brings a lot of that on himself, talking a lot of trash for a guy who’s played like it in three consecutive close out games, two of which were historical 30-40 point home embarassments and the first after blowing a 2-0 lead in the Finals.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good game. They exploded in the third quarter, and held their own in the fourth, finally. Still seeing some silly turnovers in the fourth, but it was much better than in the past fourth quarters. Also, it's really nice to see Nurkic play like Shaq. I hope he can continue to do this.
He won't.

Almost no team is weaker on the inside than the Nets. They have one stick man (Claxton) and then their next best matchup was freakin Royce O'Neal.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Nets wanted to trade Mikal the off-season was the time to do so - not sure he'll ever match that type of production/trade value again
They can still get 3 or 4 firsts for him. OKC are idiots not offer those up immediately.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Book brings a lot of that on himself, talking a lot of trash for a guy who’s played like it in three consecutive close out games, two of which were historical 30-40 point home embarassments and the first after blowing a 2-0 lead in the Finals.
So? You bring this up a lot, I'm pretty sure he's not thinking much about it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So? You bring this up a lot, I'm pretty sure he's not thinking much about it.
Never said he was thinking about it a lot. My response was about TJ saying he gets a lot of flack around the league and I simply responded why I think that’s the case.

Last edited:

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
He won't.

Almost no team is weaker on the inside than the Nets. They have one stick man (Claxton) and then their next best matchup was freakin Royce O'Neal.
And nets were content switching/trapping, taking the ball out of Books/KDs/Beals hands and into Nurkic's (and to a lesser extent, Eubanks). It's nice to see that he can punish it if teams choose to employ that strategy.