Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Duane Rankin

@DuaneRankin

·
2m

"I think the #NBA does that too much, I don't want to do that." said Monty Williams when asked about Josh Jackson's off-court issues as Jackson was arrested in Miami.

"I'm hopeful to speak with him, I want to look him in the eyes and meet him and go from there." #Suns

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
@1Sun will be happy Monty acknowledged Booker can't bring the ball up all season long. That being said, they will look for a percentage of times he will initiate the offense.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@1Sun will be happy Monty acknowledged Booker can't bring the ball up all season long. That being said, they will look for a percentage of times he will initiate the offense.

I doubt that will make him happy but it makes me happy. I want to see the ball in his hands often but we need someone else to bring it up much of the time, ideally someone that can also initiate the offense occasionally so it doesn't always fall on Devin.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This might be appealing to a player like Jrue, who thinks of himself as a combo guard. Honestly, Jrue is probably our best fit/solution at pg if we can somehow make it happen. He is probably better than what Kyre, Kemba, or any other player might be. Brogdon would be good too.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Solid press conference, you can definitely see why Coach Monty is so well respected around the league and why JJ made hiring him a priority for the Suns. I'm still cautiously optimistic but hearing Coach Monty speak has made me feel a bit better about the Suns heading into the Draft and then FA.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
FOX Sports Arizona (@FOXSPORTSAZ)
5/21/19, 12:08 PM
Key points for Monty Williams:
1. He and Sarver had several tough questions for each other and are excited for the future.
2. System will be built around players but focused on working through Booker and Ayton.
3. Monty Williams is a leader, he looks the part, sounds the part. pic.twitter.com/8L1ClWjhq7

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I am okay with this, as long as Booker is not the primary ball handler, distributor and facilitator. That is why they need a guard next to Booker who is at least better than Booker at ball handling, distribution and facilitation. We don't have that player on the roster right now, and there will be nobody available in the draft who can be that player this coming season. That is why acquiring a veteran point guard (or at least a combo guard who is more of a point guard than Booker, along the lines of a Brogdon or Dinwiddie) via trade or free agency is a must this offseason, as in priority #1, in my opinion.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Kellan Olson
@KellanOlson

·
4m

Williams mentioned watching film on Booker. Said Booker reminds him of Brandon Roy. Feels like he can be a household name very soon. Also said he has a game that works in the playoffs. Good to hear him already thinking about that stuff.

That is a REALLY good comparison for Booker...and nobody in their right mind expected Roy to be a point guard.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The best quote of the whole press conference for me was, "You can make excuses. Or you can make progress. But you can't do both." - Monty Williams

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Monty compared Mikal Bridges to Michael Cooper of the Lakers. For us old guys, that's a pretty good comparison. Bridges has to get more consistent on the threes, but yeah, that's his game.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Monty compared Ayton to David Robinson. He mentioned another player, but I didn't catch the name.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Brad Daugherty, perhaps?
Some guy he said was gangly and strong like Ayton. The name was similar to Anderson? I did not catch who he said, or didn't recognize who he is talking about.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Some guy he said was gangly and strong like Ayton. The name was similar to Anderson? I did not catch who he said, or didn't recognize who he is talking about.

He said Anthony. Was he referring to Anthony Davis?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After his introductory press conference, Williams joined Bickley & Marotta on 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station and revealed that former Suns owner Jerry Colangelo encouraged Williams to accept the Suns job.

“Mr. Colangelo was the guy that really pushed me to work for Mr. Sarver. And that said a lot,” Williams said. “Because most people would think that they don’t get along, and that’s contrary to what the reality is. So all of that stuff, along with our conversations and us being transparent about the things we want to be better at, helped me in this decision.”
http://arizonasports.com/story/1946...illiams-robert-sarver-took-ownership-of-past/

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Monty compared Mikal Bridges to Michael Cooper of the Lakers. For us old guys, that's a pretty good comparison. Bridges has to get more consistent on the threes, but yeah, that's his game.
Man that might be the best comp I’ve ever heard for a player.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Glad Mikal is around, looks to be preparing for the season alreayd? Glad he said he takes his summers serious. Surprised I didn't see any other players there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard