Suns @ OKC 11/8

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
This talk about bringing back D'Antoni shows how desperate we are.

Especially with a no-star roster and some good young players waiting to be developed.

Cleaning house shouldn't mean dumping the old vacuum cleaner on the new carpet. It should mean getting a new strong vacuum cleaner.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Steve Kerr and Alvin Gentry both have given Mike D’Antoni credit for laying the foundation for the style of play GS used to win a championship. There is article after article about it. You can call it by another name if you like.

I think that's more along the lines of professional courtesy. It's generous to share your success with others, but that doesn't mean you believe it.

Steve Kerr added defense to the SSOL style which was the weak link with DA.

What's your definition of SSOL style, then? Space the floor and shoot a lot of threes? That's been around since at least the days of the Olajuwon Rockets.

maybe not championship caliber team but still a playoff team.

Yes, but it's fool's gold. If you have a mediocre roster, it might be easier to snag a low playoff seed by trying to run people out of the gym and throwing up the first good shot you see. But that style isn't built for the playoffs unless your team is really good. I'd rather see the Suns miss the playoffs and build a culture of responsibility than go through another short-lived, futile 50-and-fade era.

However, I have some concern the team may implode if the players get frustrated like last season.

That's a legitimate concern, but I like Bledsoe's body language so far -- and that's coming from someone who has been pretty down on Bledsoe most of the time.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Great start by Bledsoe. He's our best player so far. Markieff is the worst. Lackluster effort. Goodwin got his chance in the first half but he was timid and did not make the most of it. Hope he learned something from the experience.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard