Hall of Famer
Reaction score
OMG Wally is an old man now.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Speaks well of the Suns.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This bothered me. He had Brunson with his back to him. He just had to put his hands straight up.
That was 100% vet move by Gordon, Bumson is used to shooting with someone is his face, he panicked when he was all alone.
Thats the story and im stickin to it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaks well of the Suns.

Brunson had a better look at the basket than I originally thought at the end of the game.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Our depth man... our depth is why Book was that fresh at the end of the game - it happened to be Eric Gordon and Jordan Goodwin with the hot hands tonight - but you never know who it's going to be

No KD and no Allen and Devin Booker still had fresh legs at the end of the game - poppin fresh - fresh enough to elevate over Julius Randle and the entire Knickerbocker bench

On the road - with a 7 game winning streak on the line and Devin Booker isn't just getting to his mid range spot - he's not looking for the turn around jump shot - the one where he ends up on his back as the Suns win and time expires - no - not tonight

Instead we're coming over the top - and we're going for 3 - and on top of that we're winding the clock all the got damn way down - because Brunson ain't no killer - Devin Booker is the real killer

And who called that play anyway? Vogel? Young? Book? KD? Because holy **** the balls on that call

Truly enjoyed the rebounding and defensive effort tonight as well - starting to make some gains on both fronts as opposed to just a mere week ago

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Delta MSG postgame show gushed on Booker. Referred to him as a superstar without any reservation.

BTW. Jordan Goodwin is a solid player, and any time Eric Gordon gets time, the ball is going in.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Speaks well of the Suns.

Got to give credit for a top notch NYC production that isn't ridiculously biased or slanted. That actually makes me want to watch more MSG basketball coverage. If only ESPN could be so impartial. It's fine to gush over greatness but the way ESPN seems so ridiculously biased in their coverage of the Lakers and the Celtics compared to everyone else. It was a joke years ago and now their credibility is all but shot. It's not exclusive to basketball. They have their favorites in other sports with the Dodgers, Yankees, Angels, and Red Sox receiving 90% of their baseball coverage and they ride their flavors of the year for football too, generally the Cowboys, Chiefs have replaced the Patriots, whoever is better between the Jets & Giants, and a splash of cheeseheads to round it out.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Our depth man... our depth is why Book was that fresh at the end of the game - it happened to be Eric Gordon and Jordan Goodwin with the hot hands tonight - but you never know who it's going to be
Everybody who took to the court today made quality plays, even Okogie who didn't make a FG.
I was particularly impressed by Metu (had a great closeout on a Josh Hart corner 3 where most other players would have given up on the play) and to a lesser extent Nurk. Nurk had a couple back down plays to weather the storm when the Knicks were making some noise.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Here is Devin Booker's game winning shot.

Underrated part of this play was Book going early to reveal the defense by NYK. Was able to give it up and go get it back with plenty of time to make something happen still. I feel like in the past he'd start with like 6 seconds left and then would not get a quality shot because of time pressure.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Underrated part of this play was Book going early to reveal the defense by NYK. Was able to give it up and go get it back with plenty of time to make something happen still. I feel like in the past he'd start with like 6 seconds left and then would not get a quality shot because of time pressure.

He didn’t let the double come to him while he was still at the top. He went into motion to get to his spot before they could effectively double him.

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
Nerve racking game.

Big time play by Book. Gordon was huge and on fire all night. Really big win considering we were without Durant. Not to mention Allen, Beal etc.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Happy to see Goodwin with back I back games as a big time contributor in multiple facets of the game. Terrific win. And book, well, book!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to see Book hit a late shot to ice the game. To me, Book doesn't do that consistently enough when games are tight. It's the one thing missing from his game. We have seen that manifest multiple times in the playoffs.

Also, so far I have been 100% wrong on point Book. Based on history I was expecting more of point Book to be a disaster. Maybe he did learn a bunch from CP3 while he was here.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to give credit for a top notch NYC production that isn't ridiculously biased or slanted. That actually makes me want to watch more MSG basketball coverage. If only ESPN could be so impartial. It's fine to gush over greatness but the way ESPN seems so ridiculously biased in their coverage of the Lakers and the Celtics compared to everyone else. It was a joke years ago and now their credibility is all but shot. It's not exclusive to basketball. They have their favorites in other sports with the Dodgers, Yankees, Angels, and Red Sox receiving 90% of their baseball coverage and they ride their flavors of the year for football too, generally the Cowboys, Chiefs have replaced the Patriots, whoever is better between the Jets & Giants, and a splash of cheeseheads to round it out.
I thought their post game and pre game shows were well done and very fair. But the pair calling the game were as biased as most announcing crews are. Frazier especially had a hard time crediting Booker for that game winning basket. He kept downplaying it by saying that Devin didn't even want the shot. I thought it was clear that Devin was just acting disinterested to lull the defense. Once he got rid of the ball as the double team developed, he made himself appear to be a spectator to get separation from Barrett and take the last shot from one of his sweet spots.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes, in the past, Devin would have kept the ball for the entire time.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought their post game and pre game shows were well done and very fair. But the pair calling the game were as biased as most announcing crews are. Frazier especially had a hard time crediting Booker for that game winning basket. He kept downplaying it by saying that Devin didn't even want the shot. I thought it was clear that Devin was just acting disinterested to lull the defense. Once he got rid of the ball as the double team developed, he made himself appear to be a spectator to get separation from Barrett and take the last shot from one of his sweet spots.

I can't stand the Lakers or Knicks broadcasts. I will put them on silent.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think it is worth pointing out how amazing it is that after all the adversity we experienced to start the season (including not having a healthy Beal and NO Big 3 yet), we are only 2 games out of the top record in the entire NBA.

The Knick game was probably the best game of the year so far, but it was the best game because we were missing 3 starters and the Knicks are a good team. This team keeps finding ways to win -- and it's nice to not see a disastrous 4th quarter in a while.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I think it is worth pointing out how amazing it is that after all the adversity we experienced to start the season (including not having a healthy Beal and NO Big 3 yet), we are only 2 games out of the top record in the entire NBA.

The Knick game was probably the best game of the year so far, but it was the best game because we were missing 3 starters and the Knicks are a good team. This team keeps finding ways to win -- and it's nice to not see a disastrous 4th quarter in a while.
Those 2 losses to SA sting a little bit more now. If those were W's, we'd be tops in the league.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those 2 losses to SA sting a little bit more now. If those were W's, we'd be tops in the league.
Remember when the Suns had the best record in the NBA at the end of the season, and swept all the way to the title?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remember when the Suns had the best record in the NBA at the end of the season, and swept all the way to the title?
I'm with you. I am tired of hearing about the San Antonio losses. EVERY team has embarrassing losses during the regular season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson