Suns @ Raptors Wednesday game thread, 11-29-2023

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Devin Booker played through a right ankle injury.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
And that was a problem imo. He was big nothing out there. Being on the court hurt the team. He’s done this before. If he can’t go, don’t play. I strongly believe if anyone else was out there down the stretch they could’ve won that game. Is what is. Hope the ankle doesn’t keep him out a bunch of games.

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, was wondering what was going on with Book. Suns also seem to be having a lot of injury issues with the 3 stars. We have yet to get consistent reps and games for 2 of them, let alone 3. You see it's not consistent the rhythm, so the roles and overall pecking order, plus the niche you have, it's always adjusting. Think the coaching staff has done excellent considering this. If someone told me before the season that Book would play 10 games, 7 with Durant, Beal would play 3 games none with Book, and the three of them together 0, through 18 games and we're the 4th seed with an 11-7 receord, I'd say nah.

The fact that Suns are over .500 is crazy. Hope this isn't the Nets situation again, where you never really get a consistent run with the 3 best players. Anyone recall the Nets were 13-3 with Harden/Durant/Kyrie, but only got 16 games in together in almost 2 seasons.

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
This game came down to our shooting. We just didn't get good enough shooting from our top 2. Even had a chance to tie it late, but again Book or KD missed. We can't win on the road with our top 2 stars shooting like that. Frustrating way to end the streak.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Give credit to Toranto they played well
They’re a tougher matchup for us because they have a lot of long, athletic and physical players to throw at KD and book. I’m not saying they’re better - when book and KD are on we should beat them - but they just pose a slightly greater challenge given their personnel.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well considering you have no idea at his condition, it’s hard to say that.
He's visibly limping pretty badly. Considering his value to the team that is enough info for me.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Having flashbacks of the Penny Hardaway days.

Waiting to see this team healthy is agonizing.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can Book ever just listen to his body and not his ego? Just sit if you're not 100 man!

I think Book and KD had too much fun with Drake.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can Book ever just listen to his body and not his ego? Just sit if you're not 100 man!

Personally, I think he is annoying. But it's not like NBA players are blowing up my phone to come hang out.lol

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't think it's ego so much as competitive drive. Book is a baller. He's going to want to play as long as he can walk. He wasn't forcing much of anything after hurting his ankle but Toronto wasn't worried about him as a scoring threat which makes his playmaking less effective. He's a combo guard who finds his teammates in position to score because of the attention that is on him and when that attention isn't there he's not Chris Paul or even Ricky Rubio as far as being able to orchestrate an offense. I believe he feels he has to be out there because there isn't a PG to come in for him also.

It is what it is though. Bad loss in Toronto that snapped our streak, which was going to happen eventually, and while sloppy it wasn't as ugly as the San Antonio losses. It was just a bad game, which all teams have. We were due. Worst part is Book's injury. I hope he sits until our next tournament game. I wouldn't want him back before then. I don't see him missing that if he could finish the Toronto game though. It isn't the playoffs but it does seem important to him. Plus F the Lakers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson