Suns @ OKC 11/8

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Thank god the Morri circus is finally closed for a while. IMO the Suns will show up and play well tonight but its gonna be hard to win in OKC.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing Bledsoe tonight. He typically plays up to the talent of the opposition, of course he plays down to it also. He's been pretty consistent this year and the last game he had against Westbrook was arguably his best game in a Suns uniform.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bench Morris' a$$, he is going to just jack shots up and not play defense. He doesn't care if the team wins or loses.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Leuer looks like he ate Goran Dragic :)

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why the hell do the Suns think posting up Len is such a great play? This is why I hate Hornacek.

Len has probably the slowest post moves on Earth, its so damn easy to knock the ball away or trap him in the paint.

If Len posting up is our best play, that means we're terrible. Len's not ready for that yet, put him in a pick and roll, that's all he should be used for offensively at this point.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Why the hell do the Suns think posting up Len is such a great play? This is why I hate Hornacek.

Len has probably the slowest post moves on Earth, its so damn easy to knock the ball away or trap him in the paint.

If Len posting up is our best play, that means we're terrible. Len's not ready for that yet, put him in a pick and roll, that's all he should be used for offensively at this point.

Bad things tend to happen when a 7 ftr puts the ball on the floor. Especially in the paint.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Bench Morris' a$$, he is going to just jack shots up and not play defense. He doesn't care if the team wins or loses.

I feel like that is perfectly clear, yet he continues playing heavy minutes. I feel like he and the Suns are playing games with eachother, it's turned into a pissing match with the whole team and fan base suffering in the mean time.

I think it's just dumb to have a cancer like this on the roster. There was a 50/50 play earlier in the 1st quarter where Keef didn't even give 20%.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Done with kieff. Don't want to see his name in a box score.

Pretty sure I'm done with horny too. Too bad. Hoped he would be good.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This may be the worst offensive Suns team in franchise history.

Beyond ugly.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Brandon Knight and his turnovers are dooming this team almost as much as Kieff.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bledsoe played well. The frontcourt combined to go 8 for 29 (28%). Other than Eric, the backups outplayed the starters tonight. Warren played very well. Len and Leuer played pretty well.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Knight's 8 turnovers were more than the entire Thunder starting lineup plus Waiters. And that's against 1 assist. Yeah, give me more of this so-called two-PG offense. At least Bledsoe has started showing the ability to make plays. Knight is just worthless unless he's making his contested 20-footers.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Knight's 8 turnovers were more than the entire Thunder starting lineup plus Waiters. And that's against 1 assist. Yeah, give me more of this so-called two-PG offense. At least Bledsoe has started showing the ability to make plays. Knight is just worthless unless he's making his contested 20-footers.

If you take Knight out of the equation we actually tie OKC for turnovers today. I've said before that I believe we have either the wrong forwards for our combo guard offense or we have the wrong guards for our frontcourt.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Knight, Morris and Tucker are just frustrating.

Warren should be starting now.

And I can't stand Hornacek approach of playing everyone a couple minutes.

Teletovic should never play.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

And the Suns just couldn't wait to give up a valuable asset in that Lakers pick PLUS paying him $15 million over 5 years.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Call it like it is, a record number of years missing the playoffs. This front office has shown a complete inability to create a strategy and put together a winner. Without the seven seconds or less gang that was put together with previous regimes assistance they've not shown any ability to consistently identify talent, and foster it. No direction. Sad to see the jewel of the valley succumb to year-after-year of mediocrity.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bledsoe with another great game, he is rounding out into a legit stud.

But long stretches of just dead, no energy play from the Tucker, Morris much of the bench is... frustrating. Tucker shouldn't be in the starting lineup, the guy needs to go back to his roots as an energy/hustle player, he can hopefully find that off the bench. Warren should start. Knight was terrible tonight but he is learning on the job. Bledsoe has by in large been great but the front court they're starting with is killing us. We've got 2 non-threats on offense out there (Chandler and Tucker) and outside of taking bad shots Morris looks... shall we say... disengaged. We can end up in holes reeeeally quick when Bledsoe or Knight get cold.

Warren should play a TON more, I'd rather see Tucker as our 3rd PF than Morris. We've got Len and Chandler, we can afford to go smaller at the other positions more often with them out there.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bledsoe with another great game, he is rounding out into a legit stud.

But long stretches of just dead, no energy play from the Tucker, Morris much of the bench is... frustrating. Tucker shouldn't be in the starting lineup, the guy needs to go back to his roots as an energy/hustle player, he can hopefully find that off the bench. Warren should start. Knight was terrible tonight but he is learning on the job. Bledsoe has by in large been great but the front court they're starting with is killing us. We've got 2 non-threats on offense out there (Chandler and Tucker) and outside of taking bad shots Morris looks... shall we say... disengaged. We can end up in holes reeeeally quick when Bledsoe or Knight get cold.

Warren should play a TON more, I'd rather see Tucker as our 3rd PF than Morris. We've got Len and Chandler, we can afford to go smaller at the other positions more often with them out there.

I agree with this. Warren may not solve our problems but he causes fewer than PJ does. I don't really know what to do with Markieff. I believe we're playing through him so he can pad his stats and bring a decent return but that approach is failing miserably.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call it like it is, a record number of years missing the playoffs. This front office has shown a complete inability to create a strategy and put together a winner. Without the seven seconds or less gang that was put together with previous regimes assistance they've not shown any ability to consistently identify talent, and foster it. No direction. Sad to see the jewel of the valley succumb to year-after-year of mediocrity.

SSOL is looking pretty good right now.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
SSOL is looking pretty good right now.

Nash is looking good now. SSOL without transcendent talent would be just as bad as what we're seeing now, and they'd be coughing up big leads to boot -- which this team mercifully hasn't done yet.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This should be the Suns rotation

Bledsoe/Price
Knight/Booker
Warren/Weems
Leuer/Tucker
Chandler/Len

Yes, Kieff should be out of the rotation for now until he gets head cleared. I think Tucker can hold his own against most backup PFs in the league. I wouldn't care if Goodwin played instead of Weems either.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nash is looking good now. SSOL without transcendent talent would be just as bad as what we're seeing now, and they'd be coughing up big leads to boot -- which this team mercifully hasn't done yet.

I still haven't given up on a version of SSOL even without Nash. GS has done well with this style but of course they have Curry as the trigger man. However, I can't help but think the Suns would play better under DA with some adjustments. At least the Suns might sniff the playoffs.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I still haven't given up on a version of SSOL even without Nash. GS has done well with this style but of course they have Curry as the trigger man. However, I can't help but think the Suns would play better under DA with some adjustments. At least the Suns might sniff the playoffs.

How many teams does D'Antoni need to coach (and fail miserably) for people to stop saying this? D'Antoni has been terrible without Nash.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This should be the Suns rotation

Bledsoe/Price
Knight/Booker
Warren/Weems
Leuer/Tucker
Chandler/Len

Yes, Kieff should be out of the rotation for now until he gets head cleared. I think Tucker can hold his own against most backup PFs in the league. I wouldn't care if Goodwin played instead of Weems either.

In this scenario the Suns are still playing a two PG offense but anything is worth a try if it gets Booker more playing time.

The Suns need to trade Markieff so I doubt the Suns put him in the doghouse. However, Leuer might play better than given the circumstances.

Weems has not showed me anything. Lets see what Archie can do. At least we know he will bring energy to the team. The same with Booker.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many teams does D'Antoni need to coach (and fail miserably) for people to stop saying this? D'Antoni has been terrible without Nash.

DA did do a good job for the Suns so he may be worthy of another look. I don't think the Knicks and Lakers were good fits. It wasn't 100% Nash as DA had the system before the Suns obtained Nash although Nash took it to a level no one could have imagined.