Suns @ Knicks game thread - Sun. Dec. 2, 2007 - 5 PM - My45 HD

sunsfn

Reaction score
Phoenix (12-4) at New York (5-10)

By MIKE VOTTA, STATS Senior Writer (Yahoo)
The New York Knicks didn't look like a team that had quit its last time out.

The Knicks will try to end their recent struggles against the Phoenix Suns when the teams meet on Sunday night at Madison Square Garden.

New York (5-10) came back from a 17-point deficit on Friday to beat Milwaukee 91-88. The win came just a day after the Knicks were pummeled 104-59 in Boston, drawing accusations that the team had quit on embattled coach Isiah Thomas.

Following Friday's victory, the Knicks' Jamal Crawford told the fans he was sorry about Thursday's nationally televised loss, New York's third-worst in franchise history and the second-worst scoring performance during the shot-clock era.
"That's not who we are, honestly, and their support means everything,"
said Crawford, who had 25 points against the Bucks and scored the go-ahead basket with 28 seconds left. "I'm glad we bounced back tonight."
The loss to Boston revived speculation that Thomas' job was in jeopardy, and he was bombarded with "Fire Isiah!" chants in the first half Friday. However, the win was the Knicks' third in four games since an eight-game skid and their third straight at home.
"I thought our guys competed, and it was a tough game for us, particularly after losing the way we did last night and not sure emotionally how guys would feel," Thomas said. "But they fought through it. We were down the whole game, and they found a way to battle back and pick up their confidence and get their rhythm back."

Guard Stephon Marbury had 13 points against the Bucks, but left midway through the third quarter with a muscle spasm in his right shoulder. Marbury, who was acquired from Phoenix in 2004 by Thomas, said he expects to play against the Suns (12-4) this time.
Marbury skipped New York's last game against the Suns on Nov. 13 in Phoenix, leaving the team for that contest after losing his starting spot.
The Knicks lost 113-102 and have dropped seven of their last eight games against the Suns.
Marbury has averaged 24.0 points in seven games against Phoenix since joining the Knicks.
Phoenix won for the first time in three games on Friday, beating Orlando 110-106. Raja Bell had a season-high 20 points in his fourth game since coming back from ankle and back injuries. He had managed a total of just 30 points in his previous three games.

"This morning I felt I could move the way I wanted," he said. "At the shootaround, I felt excited. I had good energy. I keep using the word excited because I haven't felt that way in a long time. Maybe now I'll get out of my funk."

Amare Stoudemire had 19 points and 10 rebounds and Steve Nash added 15 points and 14 assists for the Suns, who had dropped back-to-back games for the first time this season.

"It was really great to see Raja come back," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "He makes a world of difference to our team, and he'll just keep getting better, which is great. There's some really good stuff out there, but we just don't have the killer instinct, we just can't put people away yet, and hopefully we'll get on that."
The Suns are opening a season-high five-game road trip with this contest.

--------------------------
With so many games in a short time, lets hope the Suns get a decent lead and the bench can play the 4th quarter! (Five games in eight days!)
------------------------------------------

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Is it just me or would you LOVE to see

Banks/Strawberry -Marbury/Robinson
Bell/Barbs -Crawford
Diaw - Q/Lee
Stat - Randolph
Skinner - Curry

as our main lineup this game?

It's not like we need all the help we can get, it matches us up better, and our old guys get some rest.

FTW!

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Can someone please PM me the boss.streamos link for the game? The raptors nation links don't work for me. Pretty frustrating.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
can't watch the game,
my DSL is very slow right now.

maybe i can catch the 2nd half

go suns!

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
Feed Amare! Give back what they're dishing out. Randolph and Curry and kickin our butts!

SunsFanVegas

Registered
Reaction score
This is very sad....We should be blowing them out of MSG by now...I'm not happy with what I'm seeing

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
It would help our score if Marion would hit a layup!

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
if we lose this game, our club is in SERIOUS trouble. this is the new york knicks for christ's sake!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
r we really going to enter the 4th losing to this POS team?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn