Suns @ Kings Friday game thread 3-24-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns finish their three game road trip at the Kings on Friday.

They have lost the first two games of the trip.

Suns return home to play the 76ers on Saturday on the second night of back-to-back games.

The Kings are 43-29 but have lost their last two games.

Suns fall to 38-34 after their loss to the Lakers.

When: Friday, March 24th

Television: Bally Sports Arizona

Time: 7 pm Arizona Time

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have 10 games left in the season and the toughest schedule in the NBA.

March 24 @ Sacramento
March 25 vs. Philadelphia
March 27 @ Utah
March 29 vs Minnesota
March 31 vs Denver
April 2 @ OKC
April 4 vs San Antonio
April 6 vs Denver
April 7 @ Lakers
April 9 vs Clippers

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And Durant has never been the difference between a lottery team and a contender.
Not quite a lottery team that’s a bit crazy! We are now 72 games in with our projected starters playing 10 games or less together and we are 4th in the west. We have just had a brutal schedule to end the year while having starters out it’s just crap luck or we should just start saying “Suns luck” it could be a new slang for just terrible **** luck!

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not quite a lottery team that’s a bit crazy! We are now 72 games in with our projected starters playing 10 games or less together and we are 4th in the west. We have just had a brutal schedule to end the year while having starters out it’s just crap luck or we should just start saying “Suns luck” it could be a new slang for just terrible **** luck!
So suns like

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It really isn't crazy. The season isn't over and we very well could end up in the lottery. We're 2 games ahead of the 7th and 8th seed teams. If we fall to the play-in do you like our odds the way we've been playing? I sure don't. Bad luck, Suns luck, tough schedule, lots of injuries, doesn't really matter. If we slip to the play-in round then we could miss the postseason altogether. There will be no asterisk in the record book if we choke this away and end up gifting a lottery pick to Brooklyn.

If we do slip out and end up in the lottery then I need to find a sports book that takes bets on the lottery drawing because it would be the Suns luck we gave a #1 overall pick. That's the only way I'll be able to stomach watching it happen.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It really isn't crazy. The season isn't over and we very well could end up in the lottery. We're 2 games ahead of the 7th and 8th seed teams. If we fall to the play-in do you like our odds the way we've been playing? I sure don't. Bad luck, Suns luck, tough schedule, lots of injuries, doesn't really matter. If we slip to the play-in round then we could miss the postseason altogether. There will be no asterisk in the record book if we choke this away and end up gifting a lottery pick to Brooklyn.

If we do slip out and end up in the lottery then I need to find a sports book that takes bets on the lottery drawing because it would be the Suns luck we gave a #1 overall pick. That's the only way I'll be able to stomach watching it happen.
Wemby is a Net for sure if we slip out. Anyone think KD gets upgraded to probable for the Philly game? I do.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones was on Burns and Gambo show today. He says Kevin Duran is doing well and he will be ready for playoffs. Ayton is also doing well and is day-to-day.

At about the 6:30 mark of the podcast, Jones talks about the timetable for Ayton and Durant. See link below:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was reported by Duane Rankin as previously mentioned above by @Proximo.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does this sound like to you he is OK with him sitting for the duration of the regular season?

It sounded like Kevin Durant will return as anticipated, if not before. He is scheduled to be re-evaluated around the end of March.

Jones seemed positive about Ayton as well, who is day-to-day.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounded like Kevin Durant will return as anticipated, if not before. He is scheduled to be re-evaluated around the end of March.

Jones seemed positive about Ayton as well, who is day-to-day.
OK. Just listened to that part. He did sound like they are going to evaluate again if something changes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones was on Burns and Gambo show today. He says Kevin Duran is doing well and he will be ready for playoffs. Ayton is also doing well and is day-to-day.

At about the 6:30 mark of the podcast, Jones talks about the timetable for Ayton and Durant. See link below:

Ready by playoffs?! Okay. We’re done and knowing the Suns luck, will fall out into the lottery where the Nets definitely get Wemby.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. Just listened to that part. He did sound like they are going to evaluate again if something changes.

As I understood it, the priority is for Ayton and Durant being healthy together. This seems to be a higher priority than seeding.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ready by playoffs?! Okay. We’re done and knowing the Suns luck, will fall out into the lottery where the Nets definitely get Wemby.
The way he said it made me think the same thing. JJ said as thing change they will evaluate. My heart sank for a second.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okogie since entering the starting lineup:

FG% = 31.4%
3PT% - 28%
PPG - 10.5

To say that Okogie has struggled since being made a starter is an understatement.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okogie since entering the starting lineup:

FG% = 31.4%
3PT% - 28%
PPG - 10.5

To say that Okogie has struggled since being made a starter is an understatement.

I'm not sure where you are starting that number from, because his numbers are a starter are not great but they're better than that.

But since Durant's first start and then his tenure, he's been forcing it big time. His defense hasn't been great either. He had that big time block against Orlando but he's been gambling a lot and generally sloppy on both ends. I would not mind if Craig got the starting slot when Durant returns.

Okogie has also played himself back into a spot where we can probably keep him in the summer. Just a few weeks back people were fretting that he'd get 10+ mil per season... if he keeps up his recent play he is looking at another minimum contract.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you are starting that number from, because his numbers are a starter are not great but they're better than that.

But since Durant's first start and then his tenure, he's been forcing it big time. His defense hasn't been great either. He had that big time block against Orlando but he's been gambling a lot and generally sloppy on both ends. I would not mind if Craig got the starting slot when Durant returns.

Okogie has also played himself back into a spot where we can probably keep him in the summer. Just a few weeks back people were fretting that he'd get 10+ mil per season... if he keeps up his recent play he is looking at another minimum contract.
Yup. And hopefully with a summer to really work on his game, he can be one of the few young pieces we have that could take a big step forward next year. That would be a big boon to really being a contender next year… assuming KD doesn’t tear his ACL running out during the starting lineups in week 2 of the season.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup. And hopefully with a summer to really work on his game, he can be one of the few young pieces we have that could take a big step forward next year. That would be a big boon to really being a contender next year… assuming KD doesn’t tear his ACL running out during the starting lineups in week 2 of the season.

Not just the arena, we need to keep him away from Filibertos... the floors in those places are constantly wet.