Suns at Sixers 1/24/2011

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns are losing.

I like it. Hopefully this will convince Sarver to blow up the team and then fans will stop coming to the games which means Sarver will lose $$$ and then sell the team. Plus we'll get a better draft pick.

Gentry getting fired would be a bonus.

Go 76ers!!!!

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Gortat is averaging 13 points and 13 rebounds over the last three games. I have long maintained the Suns can be very effective with a center who averages 10 and 10. We have to give Gortat time to learn how to shoot because he is not used to the minutes he is getting now. When he gets used to getting all those touches he should be be a better shooter.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Dragic in, offense stalls, as he stands around gazing at the Suns play basketball on offense.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
It seems sooooo easy to get lay-ups or at least close-range shots against Phoenix. It's unreal. Watching that makes me feel that I could step into the Sixers lineup, get a few easy baskets on offense and "cover" one of the Suns guys that hang around the arch. It is just sad to watch.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lol at Hill trying to be our go to scorer.

Please Nash keep passing up on shots even though their wide open and its obvious you'll make it. Carter ALSO playing great.

If only we can play like this for the rest of the season. Easily a top 5 pick IMO!

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns down 61-47 after the 2nd quarter. :( 76ers shooting 60%. :rolleyes:

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lopez is just terrible, he has to be the worst Suns on defense after Nash

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
I love how Tom Chambers says at halftime that other teams love to play the Suns because they are able to pad their stats.....I wish he wasn't right but he is. The Suns still continue to make bad teams look like all stars it is pretty pathetic.

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
The turnovers tonight are a joke.....11 already tonight and I believe they just said they have had 4 turnovers in their last 7 possessions......that is ridiculous

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I smell a comeback. Well, maybe not a comeback but I definitely smell something.

Steve

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns down 77-57 with 6:06 left in the 4th quarter. :rolleyes: Suns shooting 49% with 3/11 3 pointers. 76ers shooting 56% with 1/5 3 pointers. :rolleyes:

Suns have committed 11 turnovers (Nash with 4), 76ers 5. :(

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
I don't get Lopez. He has a good jumper and can move his feet occasionally. But he lacks explosiveness necessary to play at this level. His elevation has to be no more than 3 inches when he jumps for rebounds or block attempts. His reaction to go after loose balls is non-existent and his first step reminds me of the tv ad featuring that sleep-walking dude.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not watch the Suns game tonight on purpose because I knew they were going to lay an egg. Sadly they did not prove me wrong.

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
If I was starting to think we had turned some kind of corner when we went on that little win streak last week, this game certainly set me straight.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
If I was starting to think we had turned some kind of corner when we went on that little win streak last week, this game certainly set me straight.

Yeah, blowing a lead to the Pistons then getting blown out by the Sixers should be all the proof people need that this team is a joke. On the bright side, as depressing as things are, they're only getting worse!

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This was as uninspired as I have seen the Suns play all season. Seems like whatever momentum or confidence the Suns built during the win streak they let completely evaporate during that 4th quarter meltdown in Detroit. The Suns continue to switch between losing games due to poor offense vs. losing games due to poor defense, and on nights when they can neither score nor defend they end up getting blown out and swept by a sub-500 team.

The offense looked horrible virtually all night, like the Suns have no game plan of attack at all. How many times can this team not even get a shot off after a timeout? Turnovers. Lots of turnovers. And when they manage not to turn it over, they end up with a low percentage perimeter shot. Why does Vince Carter keep teasing us with those once-a-game drives and power dunks and then goes back to launching (and missing) low-percentage threes? We need him to be aggressive. And we still desperately need a big man who can score inside on consistent basis.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard