Suns @ Pacers Friday game thread 1-26-2024

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Book was clearly fouled on the last shot. He wouldn’t be a foot short without a foul. Should have been awarded three free throws.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Though I praised Vogel for in-game adjustments, he missed a crucial one to let Nemhard outplay Allen to finish the game, without a plan to help. Nemhard has been very effective penetrating vs. Suns in both meetings.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is that elbow Bradley Beal took to the face. Actually, I think Myles Turner may have gotten him with both elbows.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Reading comprehension.....

Go back and READ my posts, I clearly stated the defensive effort, turnovers and rebounding did the Suns in. Again, clear as day but I spelled it our for you since you need it.

Refs called an awful game, that didn't cause the Suns to lose, again, stated that multiple times as well. Not sure what is so hard with that.

You've been ratio'd bud, your the only person that has said the officiating was fine tonight.
Lol. Okay. You’re internet champ. Go outside and holler it to the hills.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I loved every minute of that game, but recent history says it was an anomaly. Plus they didn’t have Kyrie Irving. Kind of like how the Pacers didn’t have their best player tonight.

I think Dallas still has our number and I need more evidence that isn’t the case.
Why does recent history say that game was an anomaly? We've been playing very well recently. I recognize they didn't have Kyrie, but I honestly don't think he changes the outcome of that game. If we're reasoning in good faith, and that game is the most recent evidence, I don't see how it is a certainty that they beat us in a 7 game series.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Trust me, I’m not simply reacting to this game. The recent win streak has been amazing and it’s been great to see them have positive momentum.

But they are still so far away from being a complete team. In good faith, what team from the West below would they actually beat in a 7 game series? (I’m not even counting some of the giant teams in the East)

-Nuggets
-Clippers
-Sacramento
-OKC
-Dallas
-Lakers
-Warriors (yes, the warriors too who have playoff/championship pedigree)

Maybe they could survive a series against

-New Orleans
-Minnesota

It’s helpful to limit your expectations. We were sold a bill of goods when we acquired KD and eventually Beal thinking that would equate to a super team that would take over the league.
Good thing playoffs don’t start tomorrow. We don’t know what this squad is fully capable of yet.

I think your bias is showing just a tad when you list Dallas, a team with a worse record than us whom we literally just walloped on their home floor.

Just too early for eulogies.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bradley Beal may have a broken nose but played through it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a replay of Booker's last shot attempt. It looked like he was fouled twice.

The first foul may not have been called since he slipped.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is something that can't happen. He didn't even pretend to want to shoot... at least fake it and force the close out so someone else gets open. Maybe Gordon's wrist started bugging him again, if that's the case then he shouldn't be on the floor.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
4th quarter troubles.... Beal missing many shots,,,Gordon missing 3 straight shots and then turning the ball over,,, KD going to the rim should have dunked it, missed his shot close to the rim. Pacers continually went to the paint for easy shots and made most. Pacers controlled the boards. Nerk couldn't handle the rebounds all alone before going out,,,,no help. Suns should have won this game, but they let it slip away with too many turnovers. Disappointing.
On to Florida next....

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, will do. Shouldn’t have wasted my time with it.

Its going to be a long season. I already banned someone today because I can feel the temp rising.

I just don't want to be the butthole moderator. That goes for you too @Ouchie-Z-Clown

Don't rush to respond. We are all kind of on edge right now

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And along those lines I am removing that ban but I am really hoping you all can be kinder to each other. Everyone's opinion is fine

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duane Rankin notes Nurkic jammed his thumb three times.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns choked in the 4th, again. Outscored 28-17 to lose by 2. I've seen this game too many times this season.

The Suns need depth at forward/center. The Pacers crashed the boards and drove the ball to the basket.

Nesmith, Siakam, Toppin and Smith were too much at forward.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even after the winning streak, Suns are still 30th in the league in 4th quarter scoring at 24.9. Indiana is #2 at 30.8 but they were #1 before Haliburton was injured.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns choked in the 4th, again. Outscored 28-17 to lose by 2. I've seen this game too many times this season.
Didn’t choke they got hacked with zero foul calls for a whole quarter what a trucking joke! And Book clearly fouled in last shot but of course the refs not gonna. All that they didn’t call anything the whole qtr which allowed Pacers to steal the game!