Suns @ Pacers Friday game thread 1-26-2024

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
Suns gave up 60+ points in the paint. That's a HUGE problem!
THE PROBLEM that will keep this 'supposed' big3 from winning
the Larry O'brien.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
@Ouchie-Z-Clown, Since you disagree, I'm curious why you think it's ok.to have bad officiating?
I don’t. Officiating always seems lopsided to fans. I’m sure the pacers fans would say the same. I’ve literally never seen you say “wow, the calls were lopsided for us tonight.” And I don’t fault you for it. It’s not how most fans are geared to watch a game.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don’t. Officiating always seems lopsided to fans. I’m sure the pacers fans would say the same. I’ve literally never seen you say “wow, the calls were lopsided for us tonight.” And I don’t fault you for it. It’s not how most fans are geared to watch a game.
Oh I think it was lopsided for the Pacers too. So accusing me as being a homer doesn't hold much water, Locutus.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Everyone is in agreement with you, Ouchie is the only one that didn't think the officiating wasn't bad.
Okay, cry about the refs in a game we gave up 22 offensive rebounds, made 19 turnovers, and gave up 20 more shots. That’s a good look.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Okay, cry about the refs in a game we gave up 22 offensive rebounds, made 19 turnovers, and gave up 20 more shots. That’s a good look.
Reading comprehension.....

Go back and READ my posts, I clearly stated the defensive effort, turnovers and rebounding did the Suns in. Again, clear as day but I spelled it our for you since you need it.

Refs called an awful game, that didn't cause the Suns to lose, again, stated that multiple times as well. Not sure what is so hard with that.

You've been ratio'd bud, your the only person that has said the officiating was fine tonight.

Last edited:

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
One of our main issue on D is not properly boxing out that gives up too many off. rebounds. On offense, everyone went cold in late 4th q. and it didn't help that our big-3 all barely missed layup without calls for KD and Beal. It's reasonble for Gordon to pass up open 3 chances but even Allen did so and got called for charging, though Nesmith was not holding the upright position yet when Allen jumped. Bad luck + refs doomed us in the end.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They beat us purely with hustle, energy, and aggressiveness. That's dissappointing.

The Pacers forwards were too much for the Suns to handle.

Phoenix didn't have enough size and athleticism to keep them out of the paint.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'm not usually one to go after the refs, but they absolutely hosed at least a few calls in that 4th quarter. They also were clearly biased towards the Pacers in general. Maybe it was due to them being more aggressive, but that doesn't excuse not getting a single call in the quarter.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cmon man it’s one close game against a good team after we reeled off 12 wins in 15 games. We still haven’t reached 20 games with the big three.
Trust me, I’m not simply reacting to this game. The recent win streak has been amazing and it’s been great to see them have positive momentum.

But they are still so far away from being a complete team. In good faith, what team from the West below would they actually beat in a 7 game series? (I’m not even counting some of the giant teams in the East)

-Nuggets
-Clippers
-Sacramento
-OKC
-Dallas
-Lakers
-Warriors (yes, the warriors too who have playoff/championship pedigree)

Maybe they could survive a series against

-New Orleans
-Minnesota

It’s helpful to limit your expectations. We were sold a bill of goods when we acquired KD and eventually Beal thinking that would equate to a super team that would take over the league.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pacers didn't have a first round pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, yet they end up with Toppin, Smith, Nesmith and Haliburton.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Trust me, I’m not simply reacting to this game. The recent win streak has been amazing and it’s been great to see them have positive momentum.

But they are still so far away from being a complete team. In good faith, what team from the West below would they actually beat in a 7 game series? (I’m not even counting some of the giant teams in the East)

-Nuggets
-Clippers
-Sacramento
-OKC
-Dallas
-Lakers
-Warriors (yes, the warriors too who have playoff/championship pedigree)

Maybe they could survive a series against

-New Orleans
-Minnesota

It’s helpful to limit your expectations. We were sold a bill of goods when we acquired KD and eventually Beal thinking that would equate to a super team that would take over the league.
We thoroughly dismantled Dallas in Dallas just two nights ago. I'm not sure why you're so confident they would beat us in a 7 game series.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X-rays on Nurkic thumb were negative but he jammed it during the game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We thoroughly dismantled Dallas in Dallas just two nights ago. I'm not sure why you're so confident they would beat us in a 7 game series.
I loved every minute of that game, but recent history says it was an anomaly. Plus they didn’t have Kyrie Irving. Kind of like how the Pacers didn’t have their best player tonight.

I think Dallas still has our number and I need more evidence that isn’t the case.