Suns @ Mavericks Wednesday game thread 1-24-2024

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
I’ll admit, since my “unplayable” comment okogie played the most impactful defense I’ve seen from him in weeks.
Okogie played defense with his nut-sack taped up strong,,,,helluva good job last night. BUT, unless he is right under
the basket I cringe when he takes a shot. Even misses half of his FTs. Needs more shooting time at practice, but keep him.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't like it when someone made fun of his conditioning - it's pathetic - you're a professional athlete in your 20's and huffing and puffing up the court. You can have a 5 star chef prep you every meal, just not excuse for being such a cream puff.
He acts very tough when he is winning amirite?

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
We also seem to be able to defend for stretches. Third quarter? 43-20. That has been happening quite often now. We just go on a stretch of dominant play, 2-way play. That tilts the game in our favor.

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
Speaking of Beal, since Dec 29 return, the Nurk/KD/Allen/Beal/Booker lineup in 174 minutes together has a 127.7 rating on offense, 112 defensive rating for a net rating of 15.7

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
However, our bench remains an area of concern. I don't really know how you can trust this bench, usually losing ground vs other teams.

The positive: The core of Nurk/Allen (Ayton trade chips) + Beal/KD/Booker are playing good two way basketball. Not only good enough offense, but good defense. Although defensively, we haven't beaten a contending team in this stretch (Denver, Clippers, Boston, Sixers, Bucks etc).

Things to look for: 1) Will Nurk/Allen + big 3 be able to play at this level vs Clippers, Nuggets, Celtics (And other contending teams). Will our bench be able to survive vs those same teams?

As much as I like this play since Beal's Dec 29 return, or this streak. I would still look to make moves to improve.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
dafuq are you talking about it's a lousy 2 game lead

You must be registered for see images attach

More like four games to catch up to 3rd and 4th spots, because the 4th spot is 2 games back with 14 losses and we are the 5th spot with 18 losses. Always look at the losses.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
More like four games to catch up to 3rd and 4th spots, because the 4th spot is 2 games back with 14 losses and we are the 5th spot with 18 losses. Always look at the losses.
Word but more than enough time and we're finally playing

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm going to have to turn it back off. I watched the first quarter and shut it off in the 2nd when we were down like 16. Turn it back on up 20 and we start throwing bad passes and letting the Mavs score. Hopefully the Suns appreciate my sacrifice. I can't stand seeing Luka though so not a total loss.
I did almost exactly the same thing! Early 2nd qtr, Suns were SOOO atrocious I couldnt take it! I turned it off. Next morning I scan thru the game and was surprised as hell!

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Not only did we beat them at home but Luka was drug all over social media for being soft and for being a crybaby as his biggest rival just torched him - bizarro world dot com

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
And we still play all those teams multiple times.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Nice to watch the game live for once. Thanks ABC, reruns are ok great when you know they win in the fourth quarter
:thumbup: Same here. Live games on TNT and ABC are my choices to listen to announcers, not our own for a change.
Doris Burke is very good and has a surplus of round-ball knowledge! Plus, she threw a good dig at Doc Rivers
leaving their broadcast team to coach the Bucks.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Not only did we beat them at home but Luka was drug all over social media for being soft and for being a crybaby as his biggest rival just torched him - bizarro world dot com
People really need to show up with pictures of Luka on a treadmill at the next game at US Airways center. Maybe he'll try and have everyone kicked out because they hurt his feewings?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People really need to show up with pictures of Luka on a treadmill at the next game at US Airways center. Maybe he'll try and have everyone kicked out because they hurt his feewings?
If I had money I would order some treadmills to drop ship at his house, both in Dallas and Slovenia

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Last four games we’ve been led by Booker’s 52, KD’s 40, KD’s 43 and Booker’s 46.

That f’n silly.
Beal will likely have some games where he does that as well. He had 37 in the first game of the current win streak. Nice to have that much scoring punch in 3 players.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Not sure why he can't just do what Djokovic does with unruly fans. Doesn't have them thrown out, but talks back to them and uses it as fuel to play better.
Because he's soft...both physically and mentally. Reacing to the fan was the worst mistake he could make...now the taunting will increase.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Would DeAndre Ayton have pushed that dude for trying to step over KD? Has Ayton ever pushed anyone?
Nothing will bring a team together faster than standing up for each other on the court. It's also a sign that they are a unit as well. Ayton has been the pushee in such a scenario, but I can't recall him standing up for a teammate quite like that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not defending Luka's behavior, but he plays about 37 minutes a game and carries Dallas. He can't be that out of shape.

I'd draft him #1 if there was a do-over of the 2018 draft.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nothing will bring a team together faster than standing up for each other on the court. It's also a sign that they are a unit as well. Ayton has been the pushee in such a scenario, but I can't recall him standing up for a teammate quite like that.

Why only call out Ayton? No one aside from Crowder has done so