Some people just don't get it

pete

All Star
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
That's really a myth, with McGahee, Bledsoe has 14 TD and 12 picks, without him 6 TD and 3 picks. rating went down with McGahee too. The reason the bills won was Mcgahee gave them a run game, not because Bledsoe got better. With their defense, having a run game allowed them to control the clock.

McGahee is one of the more valuable players in the NFL this year because the difference with him and without him is so obvious.

as for Brees, you do know he played with LT last year too? Wasn't all LT making him look good, he improved a lot, all those challenges from Flutie and now Rivers finally paid off. Same might be true with josh, bring in competition can only be good for him.

The Card's lack of a running game was pretty evident in the second half of the season. Losing Hambrick hurt more than people thought. Emmitt is now a goal line back and when Hambrick got hurt, there was nothing to fill the gap behind him. You put a consistent, 100 yard rusher behind McCown and he will look much better, as would any QB.

I wonder how Shipp plays into Green's plans for next year? Hambrick and Shipp could be a pretty decent pair but they will need better depth behind them.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
That's really a myth, with McGahee, Bledsoe has 14 TD and 12 picks, without him 6 TD and 3 picks. rating went down with McGahee too. The reason the bills won was Mcgahee gave them a run game, not because Bledsoe got better. With their defense, having a run game allowed them to control the clock.

McGahee is one of the more valuable players in the NFL this year because the difference with him and without him is so obvious.

as for Brees, you do know he played with LT last year too? Wasn't all LT making him look good, he improved a lot, all those challenges from Flutie and now Rivers finally paid off. Same might be true with josh, bring in competition can only be good for him.

I would like Bledsoe to come here because if you give him a run game with our WR he should do very very well.

Josh and John could learn a bit from him too.

Personally after having to endure Josh's growing pains I'd rather not get rid of him or sign someone like Kitna as the QB.

I'd rather try FA, Josh and a mid to late round QB along with John all competeing for the spot

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Screw arguing about Josh, this thread was about how great it was to be a Card fan this year as opposed to the horrid past 2 seasons. We were talking playoffs with 2 games left in the season. This team played its ass off all year and is on the right track. Iam a happy Card fan, not miserable. Watch Green tinker with this team and it will take the division next year. I would bet money on it. :thumbup:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pete said:
The Card's lack of a running game was pretty evident in the second half of the season. Losing Hambrick hurt more than people thought. Emmitt is now a goal line back and when Hambrick got hurt, there was nothing to fill the gap behind him. You put a consistent, 100 yard rusher behind McCown and he will look much better, as would any QB.

I wonder how Shipp plays into Green's plans for next year? Hambrick and Shipp could be a pretty decent pair but they will need better depth behind them.

Of course, i was merely objecting to the comment that drew (bledsoe) looked better once McGahee got the start, in fact statistically he got worse, the TEAM looked better, not Bledsoe.

of course we need a better run game and I agree losing Hambrick hurt. Yesterday during the game Mistler was saying that Josh needed to be careful because " Seattle is starting to walk safeties up into the box", and I started chuckling, i wasn't able to watch but I can't imagine a team feeling they had to go 8 in the box on us with Emmitt or Scobey?

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Jetstream Green said:
This team STUNK last year. This team really STUNK last year. Everyone also expects Josh McCown in his FIRST year as a starter to throw for freaking 300 yards every game without any mistakes because WE ALL KNOW HE HAS BEEN A STARTER FOR YEARS AND HAS BEEN IN THIS PASSING SYSTEM FOR YEARS. We also have a RB that probably can play another 10 years...he is so young. If you understand football, if you realize how young this team is (minus our really really young RB named Emmitt) and yet they had a chance to get in the playoffs. I'm just so PIS$ED at how critical some fans are with this team. People get mad a Green for having no patience... well some of these people need to take a long look in the mirror. Young team, 1st year starter at QB, aging HB (and don't give me that crap that the lack of depth is Green's fault...made a great trade but Hambrick got hurt), and Starks is vastly improved due to the fact he wasn't even on the field due to injuries since we signed him.

Speaking for myself I'm extremely excited with the team the Cardinals will have next year because I seen the competition in the West and in our rebuilding year we almost won the division. The Seahawks, Rams and Niners better enjoy this year, because they are in for a long span of hurt which the Cardinals are going to put them through in the coming years.

Peace

WORD, Jetstream, WORD!!! The impatience of some fans on this board is ludicrous. But that seems to be the nature of society these days...everyone wants everything hand-delivered to them immediately. :rolleyes:

Great post! :thumbup:

rfayhallock

Reaction score
This here team has been rebuilding since 1903

I am 70 years old. I don't have much longer to wait for a rebuilt team.
If Jetstream's purpose is selling next year's tickets, good luck. I erased my remarks about the organization. The Bidwells ought to go the way of the Coangelos,
What suckers Glendale was to believe their "rebuilding" BS.
azbob

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rfayhallock said:
I am 70 years old. I don't have much longer to wait for a rebuilt team.
If Jetstream's purpose is selling next year's tickets, good luck. I erased my remarks about the organization. The Bidwells ought to go the way of the Coangelos,
What suckers Glendale was to believe their "rebuilding" BS.
azbob

A little bitter Ray? Cheer up. We are Cards fans and renew hope each year.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am 70 years old.
At last, someone on here who's older than me.

Tell me about it - I've been "sitting shiva" over the Cardinals since the championship season of 1947.

But blasting away at ownership because the team always seems to be rebuilding may be the fashionable to say, but it isn't going to achieve very much.

You can't force the Bidwills (not Bidwells) to sell the team. Note - Don't be a an unknowledgeable football fan. Spell the name right - it will make you sound more like a hard core Cardinal fan.

And look at the bright side - I don't plan to die before I see the Cardinals win a Super Bowl. This sets me up to live a long (though probably frustrating) life.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
I am 70 years old.
At last, someone on here who's older than me.

Tell me about it - I've been "sitting shiva" over the Cardinals since the championship season of 1947.

But blasting away at ownership because the team always seems to be rebuilding may be the fashionable to say, but it isn't going to achieve very much.

You can't force the Bidwills (not Bidwells) to sell the team. Note - Don't be a an unknowledgeable football fan. Spell the name right - it will make you sound more like a hard core Cardinal fan.

And look at the bright side - I don't plan to die before I see the Cardinals win a Super Bowl. This sets me up to live a long (though probably frustrating) life.

Jeff I have been older than you for a long time and was 72 in August. I of course was in Chcago in 47 when the Cards won and watched one the best Cards team of all times with the dream backfield. Today's Bidwills are just a little different than the 47 Bidwill. I also plan on seeing the Cards in the superbowl before I go to the big football field in the sky. I am becoming a little impatient however and I long ago gave up on the Bidwills selling the team. It is part of their family history and like the Bush family the product will remain in that family for many years to come. I never really expected to see the Cubs sold by Mr. P.K. Wrigley but it happened. Taxes sometimes force people to do things they do not want to. Mean while back at the ranch we need a darn QB. Not for the future but just next year. I take it year by year. When you get to be my age you do not look to 5 year rebuilding plans. The Cards are favored this week and I think for only the second time this year. Tampa must really suck. You can bet Rice will be coming with all he has got and I suspect he will be hard to slow down. Josh better have his track shoes on. Hope Bertrand has his track shoes on also.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
john h said:
Jeff I have been older than you for a long time and was 72 in August. I of course was in Chcago in 47 when the Cards won and watched one the best Cards team of all times with the dream backfield. Today's Bidwills are just a little different than the 47 Bidwill. I also plan on seeing the Cards in the superbowl before I go to the big football field in the sky. I am becoming a little impatient however and I long ago gave up on the Bidwills selling the team. It is part of their family history and like the Bush family the product will remain in that family for many years to come. I never really expected to see the Cubs sold by Mr. P.K. Wrigley but it happened. Taxes sometimes force people to do things they do not want to. Mean while back at the ranch we need a darn QB. Not for the future but just next year. I take it year by year. When you get to be my age you do not look to 5 year rebuilding plans. The Cards are favored this week and I think for only the second time this year. Tampa must really suck. You can bet Rice will be coming with all he has got and I suspect he will be hard to slow down. Josh better have his track shoes on. Hope Bertrand has his track shoes on also.

Wow! I thought I was a long suffering Cards fan and I attended my first game in 1967 at age 9. Hats off to all of you that have history back to the Chicago days and Stormy Bidwill. I will never stop being a fan but I am exhausted from all of this losing the last 37 years. Really hope DG turns this thing around.

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
PJ1 said:
Wow! I thought I was a long suffering Cards fan and I attended my first game in 1967 at age 9. Hats off to all of you that have history back to the Chicago days and Stormy Bidwill. I will never stop being a fan but I am exhausted from all of this losing the last 37 years. Really hope DG turns this thing around.
You guys make me feel young. When I was barely in school I was the proud owner of a Terry Metcalf jersey, and I remember being broken-hearted when Neil Lomax was brought in to replace Jim Hart.

GO CARDS!!!:cards:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn