Several Teams Pursuing Josh Rosen

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Undisputed the Skip Bayless show? Are you saying that what Klatt is reporting is 100% true? I would buy it if it was more specific or it was Schefter reporting. Sounds to me like a guy stirring the pot up in Pats country

Yes. He is saying he has confirmation of all three teams. Same with the guy on Doug and Wolf this morning with Giants and Chargers.

So that is 3 different people. 1 confirmed Giants in. 1 Confirmed Giants and Chargers. 1 Confirmed Pats, Giants, Chargers.

Since the NFL Owners meetings are at the Biltmore right now these reporters have a lot of access and in a relatively dead news cycle Rosen/Murray has to be the big question reporters are asking there.

So with 3 sources we can say teams are pursuing Rosen but no confirmation as to if the Cardinals are trading him.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
One of the nuances of the English language is to ignore everything after, 'with due respect' or similar phrasing.

And that folks, is how you get people to not read something you send them in writing and exploit it later.

"I said in all due respect, not my fault you didn't read the rest."

:D:D:D:D:D

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So with 3 sources we can say teams are pursuing Rosen but no confirmation as to if the Cardinals are trading him.

This is what you WANT. None of which is based in fact. It’s all heresay and conjecture and nothing but rumor no matter how you try and spin this. These guys play off each other and try to be the next “hot take” all the time. Doesn’t make it anymore concrete or factual.

Thread title should be changed back ;)

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is what you WANT. None of which is based in fact. It’s all heresay and conjecture and nothing but rumor no matter how you try and spin this. These guys play off each other and try to be the next “hot take” all the time. Doesn’t make it anymore concrete or factual.

Source for most football pundits?

Three beers, Google and a fast approaching deadline.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they trade Josh Rosen, it will be one of those things talked about for a long time, hopefully it is not with the Cardinals being the butt end of the joke.

Being a longtime Cardinals' fan, I see it turning out one of two ways:

1. We keep Josh and he struggles while Murray goes somewhere else and sets the league on fire.

2. We trade Josh, draft Murray. Murray struggles and Josh sets the league on fire in a different uniform.

That's the Cardinal way. Hopefully, we can change that.

Personally, I want us to keep Josh and put better players all around him.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

1. We keep Josh and he struggles while Murray goes somewhere else and sets the league on fire.

2. We trade Josh, draft Murray. Murray struggles and Josh sets the league on fire in a different uniform.

I have warmed to the idea of keeping Josh and drafting Kyler and making them war it out but I still feel like that is a waste of a 1st round pick unless they BOTH explode in competition.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

LOL True.

But the SOC way is to draft help around the QB that struggled, while passing on the guy was great in college but has a lot of questions. Shades of "We have Josh McCown, why draft Rodgers?"

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Except that the reporters are saying that they have confirmation from the teams that they want Rosen. So that isn't heresy or conjecture.

You can believe that 3 different reporters reporting 3 similar stories are all lying if you wish.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

..................now I am sad.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except that the reporters are saying that they have confirmation from the teams that they want Rosen. So that isn't heresy or conjecture.

You can believe that 3 different reporters reporting 3 similar stories are all lying if you wish.

And we had a national pundit outright say just last week that the Cards stayed outright Risen is not available for trade.

These guys cite “anonymous” sources all the time. Doesn’t make it a fact.

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And we had a national pundit outright say just last week that the Cards stayed outright Risen is not available for trade.

And the Giants just said OBJ was not for trade as well, they aren't killing his value , they want a 1st for Rosen

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So all three reporters are lying...

or

Every owner, manager, and coach are together and teams are making offers

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

No this is what you don't WANT, there is tons of info that Rosen is considered being moved. Tons of chatter from all over, it's either a Giant smokescreen or Murray is your QB. Lol You can always go the Murray is not my QB route, after he is drafted lol

Steve Wyche and Doug and Wolf, Doug's an insider they are selling Rosen as gone, Cardinals insiders would not be selling it so hard If there wasn't some truth to it. Keim himself said Rosen is the QB for now. The Owners meetings are happening, there is a ton of smoke. If this was a crime there would be a arrest with all these witnesses.

There was talk Kingsbury was hired with a promise Murray would be the pick, hinted by Doug and Wolf.

Play this there is no mistaken, this aren't rumors Kingsbury told this guy, Josh is available for the right price.

The owners meetings are going on right now, talk is coming out from it.

http://arizonasports.com/category/podcast_player/?a=4229d0f6-c351-43b9-93a5-aa1c00faee4d&sid=1004&n=Doug+&+Wolf

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Isn't confirming when another party backs up the original report? I don't know any of the reporters to be credible. Just because it is more than one doesn't prove anything to me. I would say just a more popular rumor

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well they all had different information. It wasn't just the same report parrotted but different reports that corroborate each other.

Sure they all could be lying or being lied to but that seems like the less likely of the the two options here.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's worth remembering that Josh Rosen is worth more to the 31 other teams in the NFL than he is to us. If traded, Rosen wouldn't have a cap number above $3m until 2022 — if a team picks up his option.

That's backup money -- mediocre backup money. It's a fantastic value and way, way better than any QB prospect you're going to get after pick 12 or so.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No this is what you don't WANT, there is tons of info that Rosen is considered being moved. Tons of chatter from all over, it's either a Giant smokescreen or Murray is your QB. Lol You can always go the Murray is not my QB route, after he is drafted lol

Steve Wyche and Doug and Wolf, Doug's an insider they are selling Rosen as gone, Cardinals insiders would not be selling it so hard If there wasn't some truth to it. Keim himself said Rosen is the QB for now. The Owners meetings are happening, there is a ton of smoke. If this was a crime there would be a arrest with all these witnesses.

There was talk Kingsbury was hired with a promise Murray would be the pick, hinted by Doug and Wolf.

Play this there is no mistaken, this aren't rumors Kingsbury told this guy, Josh is available for the right price.

The owners meetings are going on right now, talk is coming out from it.

http://arizonasports.com/category/podcast_player/?a=4229d0f6-c351-43b9-93a5-aa1c00faee4d&sid=1004&n=Doug+&+Wolf

Sports reporters, pundits and talking heads feed off each other; it's incestuous.

Repeating something over and over does not make it so.

You said that KK has said that Rosen is available for the right price.

Who is reporting this?

Said to who?

(It's ******** ! Until people are prepared to add names to the speculation)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sports reporters, pundits and talking heads feed off each other; it's incestuous.

Who is reporting this?

Said to who?

He linked it above.

Steve Wyche, NFL Network Reporter, had an exclusive sit down with Kingsbury at the ownership meetings.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ingsbury-on-1st-pick-everythings-on-the-table

So I found the video of the interview as well as the article.

Kingsbury says nothing of real substance here IMO.

He contradicts himself more than once by saying he likes Josh's future and sees him on the team but it's a business and QB is on the table with the #1 pick.

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Who is reporting this?

Said to who?

Here is a quick little guide there is a ton more as well.

Steve Wyche NFL Network sat down with Kliff, here's what he had to say .They are trading Rosen

Here is Steve and Doug and Wolf interview:
http://arizonasports.com/category/p...43b9-93a5-aa1c00faee4d&sid=1004&n=Doug+&+Wolf

Ralph Vacchiano Giants beat writer

Giants want to explore a trade for Rosen internally

Here is article:
https://www.sny.tv/giants/news/gian...rumors-swirl-around-cardinals-plans/305723622

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Joel Klatt on undisputed, 3 teams Pats, Giants, Chargers interested in Rosen

Steve Keim - Rosen is our QB "for now"

You guys are acting like kids being told that Santa isn't real lol. There is so much of this, come to grips Rosen is Bye Bye. There is way to much smoke for this to be a rumor. The NFL owners meetings are happening in AZ right now

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So now that we have established that Wyche works for the NFL Network. Klatt works for FS1 as their NFL guy and Fox as their top college broadcaster.

These are not "Some New England Guy" stirring things up.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well they all had different information. It wasn't just the same report parrotted but different reports that corroborate each other.

Sure they all could be lying or being lied to but that seems like the less likely of the the two options here.

It's a quantum leap in logic to believe that because teams when asked - say, 'Sure we'd be interested in Rosen for the right price' adds up to anything substantive.

There is a lot of wash, rinse and repeat out there with precisely '0' credible sourcing to the rank speculation.

Repeating something ad nausea does not make it true.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn