Report: Redskins aren't pursuing Josh Rosen

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't forget your IMO. Lol I think you understood my point though.. referring to you have a new coach and you hire him because you see his offensive production.. you want him to have all the tools he believes will produce the best results. So you let him tell you whether that is Murray or Rosen. Not the other way around.. but thats my opinion.

How do you think KK got the job?

It's reported he came in with a complete breakdown of Rosen's year.

Do you think that what convinced them, the cherry on the sundae, was KK saying: 'Can't work with this guy, a waste of skin and who was the idiot who decided drafting him was a good idea?'

No. More likely it was his argument that Rosen could be fixed and, most important, he could run his system.

Does he also think that KM could work? I'm sure he does, but is there a quantum difference between the two?

Doubt it.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How do you think KK got the job?

It's reported he came in with a complete breakdown of Rosen's year.

Do you think that what convinced them, the cherry on the sundae, was KK saying: 'Can't work with this guy, a waste of skin and who was the idiot who decided drafting him was a good idea?'

No. More likely it was his argument that Rosen could be fixed and, most important, he could run his system.

Does he also think that KM could work? I'm sure he does, but is there a quantum difference between the two?

Doubt it.
It's all speculation... But do I believe that he thinks he could fix and work with Rosen if need be? Absolutely.. I mean, what is a coach trying to get a head coaching job going to say? Lol. But, I've made myself clear that I just see too many coincidences with the hire, the declaring of Murray and his Murray man crush that has been wildly reported. My opinion is that it just has that feel to it.. that's all. I personally think, since he has a man crush on the guy, that regardless of what he thinks about Rosen, Murray and his Heisman season has not changed the man crush he has for the guy. We shall see.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you want to find man crushes on km, just look on this site. KK's is nothing compared to what I have seen on here.:confused: it's down right embarrassing.:blush:
For you maybe.. I'm good with it. I'm also just quoting what even shefter has stated about Kingsbury loving Murray.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are so many conflicting reports these days it's obvious no one knows anything. It's pointless to believe anything you read. Two more weeks and this whole rumor and smoke screen period will be over.

Totally right. Nothing but speculation. We might not know what the Cards are going to do until they actually do it while on the clock in the draft.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One factor behind the Redskin rumors might be a comment on SIRIUS that Case Keenum would be a good backup/mentor behind the Cardinal starter.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know.. just a guess.. but I'd have to assume KK would be more of a murrayite or whatever if he was to pick between the two. But this will come down to whether he has final say.. I believe. If he doesn't, then it exponentially raises the chances we keep Rosen. Imo
I think this all comes down to the day KK was interviewed and hired. We are being naive to think Murray’s name did not come up in that interview. Not saying that KK made drafting Murray an ultimatum but I do believe he at least got a promise the Cardinals would sincerely consider it.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Report: Redskins aren't pursuing Josh Rosen

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-redskins-arent-pursuing-josh-rosen/ar-BBVOLrK

As Josh Rosen trade speculation increases prior to the draft, one potential destination doesn't appear to be in the cards.

The Washington Redskins, long seen as a favorite to land the second-year quarterback, have yet to engage in serious discussions with the Arizona Cardinals.

"They have done a little bit of homework here, at least tried to figure out what the Cardinals' price would be," NFL Network's Mike Garafolo said on the "Around the NFL" podcast Wednesday.

"But they're not actively chasing him and I don't know that they have a hard offer on the table because I know for a fact that they're still going through the motions with the guys in the draft apparently."

Why would anybody want Rosen to begin with? Good luck getting anything better than a 3rd round pick.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this all comes down to the day KK was interviewed and hired. We are being naive to think Murray’s name did not come up in that interview. Not saying that KK made drafting Murray an ultimatum but I do believe he at least got a promise the Cardinals would sincerely consider it.

He wasn't in a position to extract promises.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Why would anybody want Rosen to begin with? Good luck getting anything better than a 3rd round pick.
Because he has a hell of a lot more upside than you give him credit for.

My God, did Rosen kick your dog or pipe your girl? Every post is some silly rebuke with no substance, even out of context.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rosen would be the first QB off the board this year.
Problem is that after last years total offensive tar pit of coaching and injuries, he didn't show what he can do.
I don't think a team with one first round pick would take the risk. A team with two clearly could if they need a QB.
Our best target is the Giants #17 pick for Rosen. They need a QB sooooooo bad, Rosen is similar in style to Eli, and they
won't have to give up the farm in a ton of picks to get him. They can have Haskins at 6, but why wase #6 when you could
have a better guy at #17 in Rosen?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My God, did Rosen kick your dog or pipe your girl? Every post is some silly rebuke with no substance, even out of context.

If we keep him, which I expect, I am going to root harder for him than I have ever rooted. I so want him to shove crow in everyones mouths.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

:thumbup:

SOP for him.:doi:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Rosen would be the first QB off the board this year.
Problem is that after last years total offensive tar pit of coaching and injuries, he didn't show what he can do.
I don't think a team with one first round pick would take the risk. A team with two clearly could if they need a QB.
Our best target is the Giants #17 pick for Rosen. They need a QB sooooooo bad, Rosen is similar in style to Eli, and they
won't have to give up the farm in a ton of picks to get him. They can have Haskins at 6, but why wase #6 when you could
have a better guy at #17 in Rosen?

If Josh Allen can get drafted before Rosen than Haskins and Murray could as well... All depends on the teams and order. The Browns, Giants, Jets, Broncos and Bills passed on Rosen and needed a young franchise QB.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sssshh.. can't say that around these parts or youre a conspiracy theorist. :p

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we keep him, which I expect, I am going to root harder for him than I have ever rooted. I so want him to shove crow in everyones mouths.
I'm right there with ya.. I'd love to eat crow on him turning into stud we can call our QB for years to come. Maybe this would light another fire under his ass too..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard