Several Teams Pursuing Josh Rosen

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I see the Giants drafting a QB at 17. The question is do they value Josh Rosen more than the apple of their eye in this draft.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pick 17 would probably do it. Might be able to coax them into swapping their 3rd for our 4th. I’m coming to the reality this is going to happen. Rookie coach with the rookie Qb that he covets makes sense in one respect. If we go with Rosen and he doesn’t produce then we are looking at starting offer again in 2020 with a new qb. If Murray comes in and he doesn’t quite live up to the hype at least they would be going into year two with the rookie season out of the way. I’m not going to put to much stock into this story about the Giants. Seems like it might be just a lot of speculation.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This should seal Rosen staying here. You hear no speculation about anyone interested in trading up to #1 to take Murray because there’s probably little interest in him. I’m sure there is a lot of interest in Rosen across the league but if no one is offering a #1 for him then it’s not worth it so they should just keep him.

Right now I think Rosen’s potential success rate is higher than Kingsbury’s. If Kingsbury gets canned I think the next coach would rather have Rosen than Murray, ARZ has to think long term.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thread title should be changed the article is nothing based on fact and strictly rumor... Title suggests otherwise.

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Thread title should be changed the article is nothing based on fact and strictly rumor... Title suggests otherwise.

Just because you dont like it doesn't mean its not real. ESPN is reporting it, so thats enough for me to title the thread the way I did. Tons of info out there on it Google it.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Looks like the Rosen market is heating up! If the Redskins, Dolphins or Bengals enter the hunt as well, we could actually be surprised how much we get for Rosen. Seems like a foregone conclusion in league circles that Murray is going to be a Cardinal.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because you dont like it doesn't mean its not real. ESPN is reporting it, so thats enough for me to title the thread the way I did. Tons of info out there on it Google it.

It doesn’t matter who’s reporting it… It’s a rumor… Your title states it as though it’s a fact stating out right “giants to pursue Rosen” Which is nothing factual based at this point. In fact the headline in the article itself says it’s a rumor and then you come here posting a headline is though it’s a fact.. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter who’s reporting it… It’s a rumor… Your title states it as though it’s a fact stating out right “giants to pursue Rosen” Which is nothing factual based at this point.

Everything is a rumor and speculation this time of year, You trust Shannon Sharpe and Cris Carter on ESPN? Here they are on it. Is that credible enough for you lolO? Or do I need to link the secret convos with Keim and the Giants front office first.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I should have put "to explore pursuing Rosen" but was lazy lol

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rosen will go for pick 15 or 17
It'll get done

Very orchastrated the news is just coming out

Poor Josh won't have ODB to throw to on NY. If the Cards can get 15 from Washington....even better

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just saw CBS mock 3 round we trade to Oakland for their 2 1st land Williams and Henry plus a O lineman they get Murray what yaya' think bout that we also get a db at 33 and another Center I would jump All over that Right Now

I saw that. The lineman is Kolton Miller (last year's #15 pick and Rosen's college blindside protector) and the pick at 27 is N'Keal Harry. That would be a great way to double down on Rosen for sure!

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think any team is going to trade a 1st for Rosen.

Read an weep:

Kliff Kingsbury:

"People have said a lot of things that are misconceptions, if you will," Kingsbury said. "Josh is a tremendous player, I've always thought, watching him at UCLA. He played his best football in a spread system, some similarities to what we do. He's a tremendous thinker, very cerebral, can throw it with anybody."

Re: Murray (video):

"I was head coach at Texas Tech then in October, and was speaking how I feel about him as a player and how I felt," Kingsbury said. "(I) was definitely ahead of the curve on his quarterback playing ability I think, but I had watched him a long time and I knew how special a talent he was and just appreciated his level of play and wanted to make sure that I showed him some props."

"Air Raid" offence:

"We take a lot of pride in building a system around a quarterback," Kingsbury said. "For someone to say he (Rosen) doesn't fit our system, it doesn't make sense."

Kingsbury went on to rave about Rosen - especially his toughness in fighting through a miserable situation in Arizona, where he got battered behind a patchwork offensive line and sacked 45 times last year.

"Watching him last year, continuing to get up, it would've been easy for him to tap out," Kingsbury said. "You all saw how bad it got, with all the injuries up front. Injuries at wideout, where guys couldn't create separation. He was just back there taking hit after hit, continuing to get up, and played his best football at the end of the season. You see that as a coach, it's very impressive. There is a lot there to work with."

First pick:

"With the first pick, there is tons of chatter," Kingsbury said. "As a coach or a quarterback in this league, you have to have thick skin and you have to understand what goes on and kind of the circus that comes with this position."

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Read an weep:

Kliff Kingsbury:

"People have said a lot of things that are misconceptions, if you will," Kingsbury said. "Josh is a tremendous player, I've always thought, watching him at UCLA. He played his best football in a spread system, some similarities to what we do. He's a tremendous thinker, very cerebral, can throw it with anybody."

Re: Murray (video):

"I was head coach at Texas Tech then in October, and was speaking how I feel about him as a player and how I felt," Kingsbury said. "(I) was definitely ahead of the curve on his quarterback playing ability I think, but I had watched him a long time and I knew how special a talent he was and just appreciated his level of play and wanted to make sure that I showed him some props."

"Air Raid" offence:

"We take a lot of pride in building a system around a quarterback," Kingsbury said. "For someone to say he (Rosen) doesn't fit our system, it doesn't make sense."

Kingsbury went on to rave about Rosen - especially his toughness in fighting through a miserable situation in Arizona, where he got battered behind a patchwork offensive line and sacked 45 times last year.

"Watching him last year, continuing to get up, it would've been easy for him to tap out," Kingsbury said. "You all saw how bad it got, with all the injuries up front. Injuries at wideout, where guys couldn't create separation. He was just back there taking hit after hit, continuing to get up, and played his best football at the end of the season. You see that as a coach, it's very impressive. There is a lot there to work with."

First pick:

"With the first pick, there is tons of chatter," Kingsbury said. "As a coach or a quarterback in this league, you have to have thick skin and you have to understand what goes on and kind of the circus that comes with this position."

Driving up the price of Rosen is all

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I saw that. The lineman is Kolton Miller (last year's #15 pick and Rosen's college blindside protector) and the pick at 27 is N'Keal Harry. That would be a great way to double down on Rosen for sure!
IMHO this team has WAY too many needs and holes to waste in yet another Qb No matter what people think about him

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Lol of course they are. Every team that needs or will need a QB is interested. Because they see the prospect of a franchise QB in him. If Murray is so much better head and shoulders above Rosen than why wouldn't teams be clamoring to move up and get Murray? If he's a sure fire plug and play transcendent talent then that's the move right?

It's because teams and scouts aren't buying in to the hype frenzied media. And the same media covering the giants confirmed Rosen is not on the trade market.

When BB is willing to give up draft capital, something they covet to get a player, that should be cause for pause imo

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMHO this team has WAY too many needs and holes to waste in yet another Qb No matter what people think about him

Give me a break.

If Murray was a QB you actually liked you would not be saying this. QB is by far the most important position, it is more important than LT, CB, DE combined.

There is no better way to spend the number one pick if there is a QB worthy of it. This is why so often a qb is taken first, and why teams send multiple picks to move up to the top 5 picks to get a qb. They don't do that for other positions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard