Report: Redskins aren't pursuing Josh Rosen

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-redskins-arent-pursuing-josh-rosen/ar-BBVOLrK

As Josh Rosen trade speculation increases prior to the draft, one potential destination doesn't appear to be in the cards.

The Washington Redskins, long seen as a favorite to land the second-year quarterback, have yet to engage in serious discussions with the Arizona Cardinals.

"They have done a little bit of homework here, at least tried to figure out what the Cardinals' price would be," NFL Network's Mike Garafolo said on the "Around the NFL" podcast Wednesday.

"But they're not actively chasing him and I don't know that they have a hard offer on the table because I know for a fact that they're still going through the motions with the guys in the draft apparently."

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-redskins-arent-pursuing-josh-rosen/ar-BBVOLrK

As Josh Rosen trade speculation increases prior to the draft, one potential destination doesn't appear to be in the cards.

The Washington Redskins, long seen as a favorite to land the second-year quarterback, have yet to engage in serious discussions with the Arizona Cardinals.

"They have done a little bit of homework here, at least tried to figure out what the Cardinals' price would be," NFL Network's Mike Garafolo said on the "Around the NFL" podcast Wednesday.

"But they're not actively chasing him and I don't know that they have a hard offer on the table because I know for a fact that they're still going through the motions with the guys in the draft apparently."

The headline of this thread creates the image in my mind of this guy walking hurredly down this sidewalk with a gang of dudes in loin-cloths carrying tomahawks following close behind him.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe they don’t think Rosen is worth it. The Rosenites will tell me that he’ll need a real coaching staff and solid protection to flourish. But I, as a Murraynite, will counter that he did not have one good game last year, worst qbr out of all rookies, and constantly missing easy throws and reads in a clean pocket. Maybe the rest of the league sees what I see and isn’t dilluional Rosenite like those who post on ASFN.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
ok

they have reportedly tried to figure out the cost

so doesn't that mean they are interested?

if the choice of QB is A. Rosen, or B. One of this years group of draftable QBs

Wouldn't any team have to complete their evaluation of the draftable QBs before they could possible decide if Rosen is worth pursuing or not?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe they don’t think Rosen is worth it. The Rosenites will tell me that he’ll need a real coaching staff and solid protection to flourish. But I, as a Murraynite, will counter that he did not have one good game last year, worst qbr out of all rookies, and constantly missing easy throws and reads in a clean pocket. Maybe the rest of the league sees what I see and isn’t dilluional Rosenite like those who post on ASFN.
then maybe you are just a blind Murrayite homer in thinking dwarfQB will come in and be a star.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
then maybe you are just a blind Murrayite homer in thinking dwarfQB will come in and be a star.
They said the same thing to Russell, Flutie, and Fran.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

How many SB's have the shorter, running style QB's won, out of 53? 2 our of 53... How many have they even played in? 6, (Fran 3, Russell 2, Drew 1...out of 106 teams...Am I missing anything?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
So you are basing your hopes on 1 HOF QB from 50 years ago.A Current PRO-Bowl QB and a caretaker QB from 30 years ago........3 QBs in nearly 60 years.........……….LMAO

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This whole "rosenites" and whatever people call Murray fans is stupid, divisive, crappy elitist attitudes over what player you are a fan of. Amazing how much people will eat their own over trivial nonsense.

BleedRed

Registered
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
There are so many conflicting reports these days it's obvious no one knows anything. It's pointless to believe anything you read. Two more weeks and this whole rumor and smoke screen period will be over.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo said yesterday that they aren't pursuing him at the price the Cardinals are wanting.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Guess you're going to have to include KK amongst the delusional Rosenites, given his very recent remarks.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guess you're going to have to include KK amongst the delusional Rosenites, given his very recent remarks.
I don't know.. just a guess.. but I'd have to assume KK would be more of a murrayite or whatever if he was to pick between the two. But this will come down to whether he has final say.. I believe. If he doesn't, then it exponentially raises the chances we keep Rosen. Imo

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Last season was very disappointing. I don’t blame you for not having watched a single snap of it.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know.. just a guess.. but I'd have to assume KK would be more of a murrayite or whatever if he was to pick between the two. But this will come down to whether he has final say.. I believe. If he doesn't, then it exponentially raises the chances we keep Rosen. Imo

Well, he doesn't have the final say.

KK has a valued opinion, but - Keim does the shopping, KK cooks the meal.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Teams are pursuing Rosen at the same rate the Cardinals are actively attempting to move him, which is not at all for the moment. There have been some feelers thrown out there to gauge the Cardinals but nothing engaging. Seems the Cardinals are trying to convince the rest of the league that if they take Murray, they will retain Rosen as well if they do not get his worth which all things consider is not a situation any team would want in their locker room. The Skins and other teams are simply waiting because they do not believe the Cardinals can hold on to Rosen if they draft Murray and holding out till they feel they can get a better bargain... plus, some of the inquires by the teams could be a ruse just to see who the Cardinals are drafting simply for draft knowledge with no actual interest in Murray or Rosen

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, he doesn't have the final say.

KK has a valued opinion, but - Keim does the shopping, KK cooks the meal.
Don't forget your IMO. Lol I think you understood my point though.. referring to you have a new coach and you hire him because you see his offensive production.. you want him to have all the tools he believes will produce the best results. So you let him tell you whether that is Murray or Rosen. Not the other way around.. but thats my opinion.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Don't forget your IMO. Lol I think you understood my point though.. referring to you have a new coach and you hire him because you see his offensive production.. you want him to have all the tools he believes will produce the best results. So you let him tell you whether that is Murray or Rosen. Not the other way around.. but thats my opinion.
It’s not IMO. Keim has final say in personnel moves (unless Michael B. interjects). Kliff could be an INFLUENCER in the decision, but it’s Keim’s responsibility to sign off on the pick.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s not IMO. Keim has final say in personnel moves (unless Michael B. interjects). Kliff could be an INFLUENCER in the decision, but it’s Keim’s responsibility to sign off on the pick.
Tomato, tomatoe. Influencer of decisions seem like someone who would have his pick. But this was referenced in my original post... I was never under the impression Keim has no control over it. I understand the chain of command.
:raccoon:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard