Roster Locks and What's Up for Grabs

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t see any rankings post-draft, but in terms of best passing offenses we were 22nd in any/a last year, last in air yards per pass, and added a top-5 WR. I’d say we probably will rate closer to 10th to 12th in any/a this year. That sounds fairly poor for a lock top 5 WR room, as you seem to be portraying, no?

The confidence you have would suggest you’d be willing to lay odds we’ll have a top 5 passing offense per any/a this year.

But I know you’ll slink away and not make the bet.

Spare us the childish "bet" crap!

You'd have to borrow against your allowance.

Make your case and leave it at that :newbie:

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He did the same thing wanting to bet people that Huntley wouldn’t make the team because of a civil suit asking a ridiculous 10 to 1...I even offered to go $100 straight up, loser pays a non profit Maricopa County women’s shelter, he didn’t respond.

you completely misinterpreted my argument and failed to follow the conversation.

I said Hundley could very well be in trouble. I put it at about 25% perhaps that he’s cut.

Then some yahoos came in and said YEAH NO WAY.

So, I said, if you’re so sure that 25% isn’t even reasonable then surely you’ll lay 10:1 (10% odds)? They slinked away.

Then you came over and flatly reversed the odds (obviously not reading well and/or struggling with math/logic).

I said uh what you talking bout?

Then you walked back to evens (lol). No poo I ignored you: I had it at 25% to start and that chance was considered laughably high by the BRAIN TRUST here.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The 2019 Cards were the 22nd ranked pass offense by DVOA and added a Top 5 WR, plus their franchise QB put another candle on the birthday cake.

Agreed. I already pointed out similar facts. They will be 10-12th ranked passing offense next year I would bet.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Isabella is the one that needs to take the leap this year and then we will be fine

Isabella at least flashed, which was more than Chad Williams did years ago

aside from not being good enough, a few things held Isabella back:

as the season went on, and you would expect Isabella to start showing progress, the offense went more and more to 11 personnel -- and he wasnt pushing Fitz or Kirk off the field.

the offense was awfully horizontal as well, which doesnt play to Isabella's best trait: deep vertical routes.

At the very minimum: take Byrd's role over

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i am going to guess that VJ is going to throw Redick and Simmons in the Joker role on 3rd and long; that will minimize the EDGE/OLB weakness

Reddick will be in there for depth. Not Simmons. Maybe he gets 10 snaps a year at OLB. This isn't college.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isabella ran a 4.31 40, very nearly as fast as Ruggs. And he's not a me-first head case. You want the top off the defense, give Andy more than ten plays next year.

Isabella isn't as fast as his combine time suggests.

He was a track star. He's much better technique wise at getting off from a 3 point stance and everything else. He's not slow but I wouldn't use his 40 as an indication of play speed.

On his long Niners TD last year he didn't leave anyone, in fact I thought he was ran down.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard