Quick Thoughts - Jacksonville

slanidrac16

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How often do you think kk provides time for the FG unit to practice kick coverage? Likely zero bc no one in their right mind contemplates attempting a 68 yard FG.
If the players weren’t aware of what could happen they wouldn’t of ran downfield.
Not saying they work on it a ton but technically any fg attempt from 50 yds or more leaves the possibility of a return.
Before you say Prater won’t leave a 50 yd kick short, it could always be partially block.
The execution of the kicking team is what failed. Rodgers should catch some of the heat.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I cringe every time Murray throws to the middle of the field…

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like his commentary.

His tone is very high, which makes it difficult to hear while the crowd is cheering. I called it Mike Tyson doing commentary.

When the crowd is silent or it is just the booth he does have some good analysis. He would probably kill it as a studio host but I don't see him being super successful in live events without changing that tone.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
76.5% completion on 9.9 yards an attempt is making you cringe? He is throwing it all over the middle with just a couple errors.

One of the things I notice with Kyler and he did it even as a rookie is he has a feel for where the help is. He's had some picksixed but you don't see too many plays where he leads his WR into a big hit. Gronk got crushed in the Rams game and the announcers were commenting on how Brady takes it personally he prides himself on protecting his receivers. i see that with Kyler too I have seen throws "behind" and then you realize it's because he saw the safety and led his guy away.

What he's doing better THIS year is he's both protecting them and completing them at a high rate.

We need to stop with the INT's, but realize he's done this for 3 games now and he's only got 17 runs for 70 yards, he had 70 yards in a game 5 times last year, he's only got 70 in 3 games this year. I think getting hurt last year clearly let him see the downside to running and while I'm sure when we need it, he'll run, he's being more careful this year which is going to keep him healthy I hope.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray is:

3rd in passing yards
Tied for 2nd in completion percentage
7th in Passing TDs
Tied for 2nd in total TDs
5th in QBR
6th in QB Rating
6th in QB Rushing

And here are some of the commentary I have seen today:

Makes me cringe
What will keep us from going to the super bowl
A top 10 to 15 QB

Dude could turn water to wine and people would bitch it is a blend and not a Malbec

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Murray is:

3rd in passing yards
Tied for 2nd in completion percentage
7th in Passing TDs
Tied for 2nd in total TDs
5th in QBR
6th in QB Rating
6th in QB Rushing

And here are some of the commentary I have seen today:

Makes me cringe
What will keep us from going to the super bowl
A top 10 to 15 QB

Dude could turn water to wine and people would bitch it is a blend and not a Malbec
Because you mentioned the Super Bowl comment which I know I said. We have beaten the Titans, Vikings and Jags...all very meh defenses though the Vikings is at least a tough scheme. This upcoming game against the Rams will be an actual test to see how he elevates his game vs top competition. At that point, if he balls out, you can justifiably argue that he has proven he can take the Cardinals to the Super Bowl as he has beaten a Super Bowl contending team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If the players weren’t aware of what could happen they wouldn’t of ran downfield.
Not saying they work on it a ton but technically any fg attempt from 50 yds or more leaves the possibility of a return.
Before you say Prater won’t leave a 50 yd kick short, it could always be partially block.
The execution of the kicking team is what failed. Rodgers should catch some of the heat.
I don’t think you understand offensive linemen and kick defense.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because you mentioned the Super Bowl comment which I know I said. We have beaten the Titans, Vikings and Jags...all very meh defenses though the Vikings is at least a tough scheme. This upcoming game against the Rams will be an actual test to see how he elevates his game vs top competition. At that point, if he balls out, you can justifiably argue that he has proven he can take the Cardinals to the Super Bowl as he has beaten a Super Bowl contending team.

I don't think a single game encapsulates proof one way or another. Heck the year Warner took us to the Super Bowl he had that giant stinker against the Eagles on Thanksgiving.

If he stays above 70% completion percentage and 9 yards an attempt then he isn't remotely the reason we don't reach a super bowl. That's Drew Brees level performance. Brees was never the reason his teams didn't participate in the super bowl.

DVontel

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think a single game encapsulates proof one way or another. Heck the year Warner took us to the Super Bowl he had that giant stinker against the Eagles on Thanksgiving.

If he stays above 70% completion percentage and 9 yards an attempt then he isn't remotely the reason we don't reach a super bowl. That's Drew Brees level performance. Brees was never the reason his teams didn't participate in the super bowl.
Saints’ last 3 playoff appearances he was :)

DVontel

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
2020 when he was done, sure.

This though come on

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I get why people bring this up, but that never happens if Brees didn’t throw at MT’s feet 2 plays earlier. He throws it to his chest & that’s a walk in TD.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

9:32.

Also he was pretty much the 3rd best QB in that WC game against Vikings in 2019.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sorry bro but bad take. You can be +70% and 9 YPA and still be the reason or part of of reason your team doesn’t make a SB.

Stats never tell the whole story ever. You could have the above stats and throw 2 crucial ints in a game literally killing your teams chances. So even with that and 400 yards you’re still a reason you lost. Saying otherwise is just plain incorrect. (granted I’m not talking about the kind of int that your player should have caught and gets tipped to the other team etc.) legit bad throws.

You could have those stats and take a few unnecessary sacks or step out when you should have thrown it away losing yardage etc…. All which could help lead your team to a loss Even with great stats.

With Kyler none of that’s out of the realm of possibility.

Last edited: