Quick Thoughts - Jacksonville

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because you mentioned the Super Bowl comment which I know I said. We have beaten the Titans, Vikings and Jags...all very meh defenses though the Vikings is at least a tough scheme. This upcoming game against the Rams will be an actual test to see how he elevates his game vs top competition. At that point, if he balls out, you can justifiably argue that he has proven he can take the Cardinals to the Super Bowl as he has beaten a Super Bowl contending team.

I don't think a single game encapsulates proof one way or another. Heck the year Warner took us to the Super Bowl he had that giant stinker against the Eagles on Thanksgiving.

If he stays above 70% completion percentage and 9 yards an attempt then he isn't remotely the reason we don't reach a super bowl. That's Drew Brees level performance. Brees was never the reason his teams didn't participate in the super bowl.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think a single game encapsulates proof one way or another. Heck the year Warner took us to the Super Bowl he had that giant stinker against the Eagles on Thanksgiving.

If he stays above 70% completion percentage and 9 yards an attempt then he isn't remotely the reason we don't reach a super bowl. That's Drew Brees level performance. Brees was never the reason his teams didn't participate in the super bowl.
Saints’ last 3 playoff appearances he was :)

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2020 when he was done, sure.

This though come on

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I get why people bring this up, but that never happens if Brees didn’t throw at MT’s feet 2 plays earlier. He throws it to his chest & that’s a walk in TD.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

9:32.

Also he was pretty much the 3rd best QB in that WC game against Vikings in 2019.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sorry bro but bad take. You can be +70% and 9 YPA and still be the reason or part of of reason your team doesn’t make a SB.

Stats never tell the whole story ever. You could have the above stats and throw 2 crucial ints in a game literally killing your teams chances. So even with that and 400 yards you’re still a reason you lost. Saying otherwise is just plain incorrect. (granted I’m not talking about the kind of int that your player should have caught and gets tipped to the other team etc.) legit bad throws.

You could have those stats and take a few unnecessary sacks or step out when you should have thrown it away losing yardage etc…. All which could help lead your team to a loss Even with great stats.

With Kyler none of that’s out of the realm of possibility.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Because you mentioned the Super Bowl comment which I know I said. We have beaten the Titans, Vikings and Jags...all very meh defenses though the Vikings is at least a tough scheme. This upcoming game against the Rams will be an actual test to see how he elevates his game vs top competition. At that point, if he balls out, you can justifiably argue that he has proven he can take the Cardinals to the Super Bowl as he has beaten a Super Bowl contending team.
The Rams D is not just top competition. They are arguably the best defense in the NFL & have been kryptonite to the Cardinals for almost 5 years now. Tough to expect Murray to match what he’s done so far this season, but putting us in position to beat them or flat out beating them is my expectation. The beat downs from LAR have to stop. KK cannot expect to keep his job if he never beats a division rival.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rams D is not just top competition. They are arguably the best defense in the NFL & have been kryptonite to the Cardinals for almost 5 years now. Tough to expect Murray to match what he’s done so far this season, but putting us in position to beat them or flat out beating them is my expectation. The beat downs from LAR have to stop. KK cannot expect to keep his job if he never beats a division rival.
We drafted Murray and signed Kliff for these exact moments and games. They are supposed to take us to where we want to be together. I do expect Murray to continue it even against the Rams. And with less turnovers :)

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry bro but bad take. You can be +70% and 9 YPA and still be the reason or part of of reason your team doesn’t make a SB.

Stats never tell the whole story ever. You could have the above stats and throw 3 crucial ints in a game literally killing your teams chances. So even with that and 400 yards you’re still a reason you lost. Saying otherwise is just plain incorrect. (granted I’m not talking about the kind of int that your player should have caught and gets tipped to the other team etc.) legit bad throws.

You could have those stats and take a few unnecessary sacks or step out when you should have thrown it away losing yardage etc….

With Kyler none of that’s out of the realm of possibility.
All true, but a little hyperbole with the 3 ints since he’s only done that once in his career. But the opposite is true also. He could throw 0 ints, but only completes 50% for 150 yards & we could lose also.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All true, but a little hyperbole with the 3 ints since he’s only done that once in his career. But the opposite is true also. He could throw 0 ints, but only completes 50% for 150 yards & we could lose also.
Adjust it to 2 then and still just as true lol

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We drafted Murray and signed Kliff for these exact moments and games. They are supposed to take us to where we want to be together. I do expect Murray to continue it even against the Rams. And with less turnovers :)
If he beats the Rams, I don’t really care how many turnovers he has. Because it’ll mean his overall production far surpassed his turnovers. It’s all about beating a team that you haven’t even sniffed a W against in a long time.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he beats the Rams, I don’t really care how many turnovers he has. Because it’ll mean his overall production far surpassed his turnovers. It’s all about beating a team that you haven’t even sniffed a W against in a long time.
I don’t get the philosophy around here that all of a sudden TOs are acceptable With Kyler. Every major football expert for the last 35 years of watching football tells you outright TO‘s are the biggest crippler of a team. If you have more then your opponent 95% of the time you’re gonna lose. Pretty stats at the end never make up for TOs and it’s the complete wrong mind set to start excusing them because of 70-80% or 400 yards etc. Some people sure have lost there way with this revelation that they are willing to deal with them because of welllllllll STATS…..

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I don’t get the philosophy around here that all of a sudden TOs are acceptable With Kyler. Every major football expert for the last 35 years of watching football tells you outright TO‘s are the biggest crippler of a team. If you have more then your opponent 95% of the time you’re gonna lose. Pretty stats at the end never make up for TOs and it’s the complete wrong mind set to start excusing them because of 70-80% or 400 yards etc. Some people sure have lost there way with this revelation that they are willing to deal with them because of welllllllll STATS…..
All 3 int’s were bad throws. I can live with the pick 6 (as much as that one hurt, sometimes that Ish is gonna happen), but the other 2 were very inadvisable throws (what you’d expect from a rookie). I’m hoping Kyler will learn from it immediately.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's more about Touchdowns to Turnovers rather than either in a vacuum. If he stays above the 2-1 ratio that is good.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should never be accepted

The QB needs to always work to perfect his game along with every other player

Ask Tom Brady

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should never be accepted

The QB needs to always work to perfect his game along with every other player

Ask Tom Brady

When Tom Brady won his first super bowl he had 28 TDs to 14 INTs with 5 fumbles lost.

He followed up those 19 turnovers with:

So over 4 Super Bowl years Brady averaged 1.1 Turnovers a game, which is the same that Murray is averaging right now

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Tom Brady won his first super bowl he had 28 TDs to 14 INTs with 5 fumbles lost.

He followed up those 19 turnovers with:

So over 4 Super Bowl years Brady averaged 1.1 Turnovers a game, which is the same that Murray is averaging right now
TB does throw a lot into tight windows and takes a lot of chances

Doesn't mean he isn't constantly working on his game

We have super talented QB and a lot of us here see him doing so much more. Once he learns how read a defense and find the open WR"s the sky's the limit.

But he's not there yet and look what he's done so far

Keep growing and improving KM!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I want my QB to be aggressive so I don't hate INTs in general but the one vs the Jaguars was one that irritates me because that is being dumb, not aggressive.

Drop_D

Rookie
Reaction score
How often do you think kk provides time for the FG unit to practice kick coverage? Likely zero bc no one in their right mind contemplates attempting a 68 yard FG.

Funny but if we simply tackle Agnew nobody is talking about this.
On that play your linemen shouldn’t be running down the field like a kickoff. Field position didn’t matter and 300 lb linemen are closed to gassed after running 40 yards.

I think this is more on our special team coach.

If the players weren’t aware of what could happen they wouldn’t of ran downfield.
Not saying they work on it a ton but technically any fg attempt from 50 yds or more leaves the possibility of a return.
Before you say Prater won’t leave a 50 yd kick short, it could always be partially block.
The execution of the kicking team is what failed. Rodgers should catch some of the heat.

Nothing like calling for a 68 yrd FG in an outdoor FL stadium to drive home this lesson for the OL! Good thing we won.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
They have two defensive players to account for a bunch of role players. Journeyman A'Shawn Robinson and Leonard Floyd are not high end talented guys and they are arguably the 3rd and 4th best players on that defense. Plenty of matchups to exploit

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want my QB to be aggressive so I don't hate INTs in general but the one vs the Jaguars was one that irritates me because that is being dumb, not aggressive.
This is the point we are all trying to make

Don't stop throwing downfield, just be smarter with your throws

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose