Final:

Lakers 112 - Suns 107

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Takeaways:

#1. Jalen Smith will have a game that is a much larger impact than the box score. Before the 4th he was +15. Plays hard constantly in limited minutes. Not sure where he fits when Saric and Cam are back.

#2. Ayton took it in the shorts after the second Utah game and responded.

#3. Paul will be feeding Ayton all day.

#4. Carter shoots too much. Even in preseason he shouldn't lead the team in shot attempts

#5. Galloway should be in the 4 guard rotation. Really like his game.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#6. CP will have 2 triple doubles this season, which would be the most in a decade

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
At least they were competitive in this one.

That being said, Chris Paul looks done. Completely done.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm okay with the final score. I saw a lot more positives tonight than in the Utah games.

I'm pleased Ayton came alive in the second half.

The Lakers showed the Suns they have a long ways to go even with Lebron and Davis on the bench in the second half.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Takeaways:

#1. Jalen Smith will have a game that is a much larger impact than the box score. Before the 4th he was +15. Plays hard constantly in limited minutes. Not sure where he fits when Saric and Cam are back.

#2. Ayton took it in the shorts after the second Utah game and responded.

#3. Paul will be feeding Ayton all day.

#4. Carter shoots too much. Even in preseason he shouldn't lead the team in shot attempts

#5. Galloway should be in the 4 guard rotation. Really like his game.

#1. I think Smith backs up Ayton at Center, Saric backs up Crowder at power forward, and Cam Johnson backs up Bridges at small forward. Not ideal, but this team really doesn't have a small forward other than Bridges.

#2. Yes, he did. Now the question is can Ayton sustain it.

#3. And shooting 20% from the field and turning the ball over as much as he gets assists and being a turnstile on defense. At this point, Rubio is hands down better than Paul, who looks finished.

#4. I wonder if Carter, rather than taking the money and running, is actually pressing too much to justify his contract. Monty needs to get through to Carter to remember what it was that got Carter his contract in the first place. It wasn't being a chucker like this.

#5. Galloway is very streaky. When he's on, he should definitely play. When he's off he can kill the team. Reminds me a lot of Tony Delk.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
#6. CP will have 2 triple doubles this season, which would be the most in a decade

Let's see if he's even capable of scoring in double figures again before projecting triple doubles. He has been absolutely putrid.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm pleased Ayton came alive in the second half.

The Lakers showed the Suns they have a long ways to go even with Lebron and Davis on the bench in the second half.

I think maybe 9 of his points came in the first quarter

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Yup. Ayton actually had a solid game overall. He was a bright spot tonight.

The only Suns players who haven't had any bright spots this preseason are Chris Paul, Jevon Carter and Cam Johnson (and Saric, who has been too hurt to play).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ayton definitely plays better without the big boys in there.

As I mentioned earlier, if Eddie Johnson sees Ayton as strong, I'm not seeing it during game action.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm glad to see Ayton rebound and play a much better game. I like what I see from Jalen Smith, I think he'll be a fan favorite.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm glad to see Ayton rebound and play a much better game. I like what I see from Jalen Smith, I think he'll be a fan favorite.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I just hope too much isn't expected of him too soon. I love his energy, effort and long term potential, but he has a very long way to go, and his disproportionately thin and weak lower body as compared to his upper body really does stand out. It looks almost cartoonish. Basic physical development is very much a need here.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least they were competitive in this one.

That being said, Chris Paul looks done. Completely done.

Did it ever occur to you he is still out of shape.

That said, he doesn't look done to me in the least. More like his primary goal is to feed his new teammates.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Did it ever occur to you he is still out of shape.

That said, he doesn't look done to me in the least. More like his primary goal is to feed his new teammates.

I wouldn't exactly call 8 assists to 5 turnovers encouraging in that department either, nor would I consider it encouraging if he showed up to training camp out of shape.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup. Ayton actually had a solid game overall. He was a bright spot tonight.

The only Suns players who haven't had any bright spots this preseason are Chris Paul, Jevon Carter and Cam Johnson (and Saric, who has been too hurt to play).

Carter hasn't had any bright spots? What player are you remembering because he looks identical to me. He cannot create his own shot, or create for anyone else, but he is a good spot up shooter.

Bottom line is he just isn't that good - he is a spark off the bench guy, and has to have a distributor in the game with him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Carter hasn't had any bright spots? What player are you remembering because he looks identical to me. He cannot create his own shot, or create for anyone else, but he is a good spot up shooter.

Bottom line is he just isn't that good - he is a spark off the bench guy, and has to have a distributor in the game with him.

We could always count him to he a pesky defender while hitting at better than a 2 for 7 clip. Now he suddenly looks like Shaq Harrison.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort