Pick up Romo and cut ties with Palmer - What sayeth thee?

Romo or Palmer or ?

• Romo - we need to try something now to get us over the last hurdle

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Palmer - we should stay loyal to who we have and not rock the boat

Votes: 37 44.0%
  • Forget them - both their careers are over now, we need to move on and draft a young QB

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Neither - there are good younger QBs on teams we could trade with

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • None of the Above - sign another experienced veteran QB who has a few years left in him

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Who Cares - just keep these Polls coming

Votes: 14 16.7%

• Total voters

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I say in their prime, Romo couldn't carry CP's jock to the locker room. CP had the talent to be a HOF QB, but the talent around him didn't allow it.

TenYearsAfter

Reaction score
I say in their prime, Romo couldn't carry CP's jock to the locker room. CP had the talent to be a HOF QB, but the talent around him didn't allow it.

Are you joking? A 'healthy Romo' was superior to Palmer hands down. But of course he's done now. You might be able to squeeze a season or 2 from him. I'd grab him next year and draft a Qb in Rd 1 as well. The guy I like is Davis Webb from Cal.

PS What's up Siss?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cardinals should look into trading for Phillip Rivers after the season. Chargers need to blow it up and rebuild around their young stud RB Melvin Gordon and Rivers isn't getting any younger. Maybe they see logic in getting a ton of draft picks for Rivers and rebuilding the team rather than staying stuck in mediocrity.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think I'd rather go for Trevor Saimian in 2 years, when Denver won't be able to keep him.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Are you joking? A 'healthy Romo' was superior to Palmer hands down. But of course he's done now. You might be able to squeeze a season or 2 from him. I'd grab him next year and draft a Qb in Rd 1 as well. The guy I like is Davis Webb from Cal.

PS What's up Siss?

No I'm not joking and a healthy Romo is not a consideration. He's only played in every game 4 times in his entire career. I'll take CP any day or Romo.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
All these "Romo too injury prone" comments are funny as if Palmer is some iron man. I pucker up every time Palmer gets hit.

It is true tho. Romo is too injury prone. Otherwise I think he is the better choice. Ive never disliked Romo. Hes a good guy. Good player.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Sure, let's sign a QB who in my opinion was not as good as Palmer when both where in their prime (with Palmer still coming off his best season ever) for a guy with 1,788 back and shoulder surgeries who would have to learn BA's offense... brilliant!

:lies:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
***Romo apologist here***

If the situation arises where CP retires and the Cowboys cut him I would kick the tires but I don't see either situation happening. Barring another injury I think Palmer comes back and a QB-desperate team trades for Romo. As i've mentioned before Mike Silver says Palmer won't factor money at all in any decision and could retire at any time.

Palmer's play these last two months will be interesting. What if he struggles and gets pummeled every Sunday from here on out?

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Everything you fear about Palmer is even more of a concern with Romo. Same age, more injury prone, more expensive. He'd come in and be lights out for three games. That's it.

We need to look in the first two rounds this coming year. Has to happen - they haven't taken a chance on anyone of note since Leinart.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Everything you fear about Palmer is even more of a concern with Romo. Same age, more injury prone, more expensive. He'd come in and be lights out for three games. That's it.

We need to look in the first two rounds this coming year. Has to happen - they haven't taken a chance on anyone of note since Leinart.
As long as those 3 games are Divisional Playoffs, Conference Championship and Super Bowl...sign me up!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

I doubt he could give you three games of "lights out" as you put, unless it is towards the end of the year. It would take him at lease a year to learn BA's complicated play book. That is what it took CP and he is smart guy.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol

You must be registered for see images attach

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cardinals sign Romo he could also help with special teams. I hear he is a good holder on Field Goals and Extra Points:

You must be registered for see images attach