Opening Day is upon us! Dbacks vs. Rockies series thread

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Damn, I had to take my dog out (she was waiting since the end of the 9th) but I guess it was better I missed it. Sucks we had to loose to the Rockies of all teams...but it's a long season.

PHXSportsFan4

Time for baseball season.
Reaction score
We will get em tomorrow. I'm out I'm going to bed. I'll see you guys here tomorrow for the day game for those who are able to make it.

Man that is a tough way to lose
:bang:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We will get em tomorrow. I'm out I'm going to bed. I'll see you guys here tomorrow for the day game for those who are able to make it.

Man that is a tough way to lose

I'll try and sneak a peek once in awhile tomorrow from work.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I'll play some Call of Duty 3, take my anger out on some newbies. Maybe I'll even own a few Rockies fans!

I'll try and make the day game tommorow, but no promises.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Yeah, he should have had it, but if Valverde is supposed to be what we want him to be, they should have never been in that situation.
I hate blown saves, but hey...at least Valverde is no Brian Bruney. :-/

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if Q was playing, he makes that catch? Oh well, it is indeed a long season and we will win some games we shouldn't.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Valverde's history is one of inconsistency.

The Coaches are limiting him to a 2-pitch repetoire. Does that make him too predictable? It looked that way tonight.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Helton, Holliday, and Hawpe are going to win a lot of pitcher battles. That's just the way it goes sometimes. Win the series tomorrow and this is meaningless.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Valverde's history is one of inconsistency.

The Coaches are limiting him to a 2-pitch repetoire. Does that make him too predictable? It looked that way tonight.

Like Chris said above the lineup he faced tonight was the exact same one he faced last night. Not an easy task for a closer.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Like Chris said above the lineup he faced tonight was the exact same one he faced last night. Not an easy task for a closer.

True, but look at the pitches he made. He got ahead of hitters and just lost them. I really am not a fan of him throwing JUST 2 pitches. He should definatley focus on the 2 pitches but he needs to have a third pitch that he can mix in there on a few occasions.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True, but look at the pitches he made. He got ahead of hitters and just lost them. I really am not a fan of him throwing JUST 2 pitches. He should definatley focus on the 2 pitches but he needs to have a third pitch that he can mix in there on a few occasions.

Valverde did not pitch well but the Diamondbacks should of won this game. I really believe Byrnes should of caught that hit.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
byrnes has missed that same ball now 2 days in a row. he sucks. so much for veteran leadership. by the way TRACY SUCKS.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Two games into the season and you're already drawing conclusions? Wow.

Who says he isn't drawing conclusions based on watching these guys over their careers? Anyone who thinks Tracy is anything better than 'serviceable' on defense is kidding themselves. He's good against right handing pitching, and terrible against lefties, I'd be more than happy to move him if I was the D'Backs.

Byrnes is my least favorite type of player, he makes the routine look extraordinary, and the extraordinary, well it doesn't happen. He's ok at the dish, but w/ Hairston emerging as such a good hitter, and all the rest of the youth the D'Backs have in the outfield, I'd love to see Byrnes get traded midseason.

I think the D'Backs could get a really nice deal for Tracy and Byrnes together. Maybe young pitching. Maybe a 3rd base power hitting prospect. Who knows.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who says he isn't drawing conclusions based on watching these guys over their careers?
Probably because anybody that would say that Tracy "sucks" based on his career to date just isn't paying attention. Belting .308/.359/.553/.911 in just your second season doesn't happen very often, and even though his campaign last year wasn't as strong he still had a very respectable season. It amazes me how quickly the motto of some Diamondback fans has become "drool all over prospects when they're tearing through A ball and then dump 'em once they hit the big leagues."

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Goota like how Byrnes doesn't hide any punches about last night. Here is what he and Callaspo said.

"I should have made the play," Byrnes said. "It hit me on the palm of the glove. That was a play that cost us the game. I'm a major league outfielder. I need to catch the frickin' ball."

That play cost the Diamondbacks the lead. The next one cost them the game.

Colorado's Chris Iannetta hit a solid grounder to the left of Callaspo, the Diamondbacks' utility player who had been one of Melvin's most dependable fielders in spring training.

He didn't look like it on this play. Callaspo appeared to bring his glove up, anticipating a bigger hop, but the ball glanced off his glove and rolled slowly into the outfield, allowing Tulowitzki to score.

"I just didn't catch the ball," said Callaspo, who came into the game as part of a double switch in the eighth. "It was bad fielding."

PHXSportsFan4

Time for baseball season.
Reaction score
The game is on FSN AZ at 12. Doug Davis makes his debut.
Hey I got a question about the time in AZ... You say the game starts at 12 which would mean you guys are on Pacific time right now, correct? If I remember right I don't think Arizona has daylight savings time so the next time the time changes in October or whenever it is will that then make Arizona on Mountain time? (same time as Denver and Salt Lake City, etc.)

Anyone care to explain this to me? Sorry if it's off topic I know you guys like for these to stay as game threads and not random topic threads.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona is always on Mountain Standard Time, which is the same as Pacific Daylight Time right now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort