Dbacks release 2009 schedule

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
PHOENIX -- The Arizona Diamondbacks released their 2009 regular-season schedule today, which includes a season-opening day game against the Colorado Rockies at Chase Field on April 6 and the D-backs playing 18 of their first 21 games in downtown Phoenix.
The D-backs' opening nine-game homestand includes games against the Rockies (April 6-8), Los Angeles Dodgers (April 10-12) and St. Louis Cardinals (April 13-15). After a weekend series in San Francisco April 17-19, the D-backs return home for another nine-game homestand against the Rockies (April 20-22), Giants (April 24-26) and Chicago Cubs (April 27-29).
Other highlights of the schedule include interleague home games against American League West Division Champion Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (June 26-28) and Texas Rangers (June 23-25) and road games against the Oakland Athletics (May 22-24) and Seattle Mariners (June 19-21). The D-backs also travel to Kansas City for an interleague series against the Royals (June 16-18). The D-backs conclude their home portion of the schedule with a nine-game homestand against the Rockies (Sept. 18-20), Giants (Sept. 21-23) and San Diego Padres (Sept. 25-27) before embarking on a six-game road trip to San Francisco (Sept. 29-Oct. 1) and Chicago (Oct. 2-4) to end the season.
Individual tickets for 2009 regular season games will go on sale early next year. The team is currently taking deposits for partial and full season tickets. For more information regarding season tickets, please call 602.462.4600 or visit dbacks.com.

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=ari&m=4&y=2009

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And in other news, the Cardinals released their 2135 schedule:

They'll open with an home game vs the Columbian Smugglers and finish with an away game on Mars vs the Green Phlegetrons.

Seriously, they're already releasing the schedule for NEXT year while we haven't even finished the 2008 regular season? weird.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Playing the Rockies at home twice in the first month must be a mistake. I would think the second series is at Colorado, not at home.

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
I like having the schedule out this early, I can start planning road trips that I may want to take next year. For MLB, scheduling so many games in Phoenix in April means less chance of rainy climes canceling games. April showers, ya know.
However, loading the schedule up front with so many home games is a recipe for disaster. All these home games probably means the D-backs will have another excellent April. But what goes up, must come down, just like in the 2008 season! They already have an excuse for next season.