D-backs vs. Rockies series thread

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just moved to Colorado, so I feel a little bit at home watching this series on FSN Rocky Mountain...

Watching the game I miss Grace, but not so much Daren. These guys are calm and collected, yet still interesting to listen to. Daren was beginning to get on my nerves.

One better aspect of their broadcast is that they have a K Zone AND and an ariel view of the plate to see if pitches really did hit the plate. No speculation, its fun to know when there is a bad call or not.

Fun to hear what the other broadcasters say about our players. Heres a few...

Tracy- "All fingers point to him being the odd man out once Upton returns"
Reynolds- (after barehand throwout) "Baffles you defensively, makes plays like that consistently, but gets lazy on his throws and footwork causing a lot of errors."
Johnson-"He can still pitch" they were comparing Jimenez's first 40 starts to Johnson.
Snyder-"Thats not getting it done" in regards to his .121 avg with 2outs RISP

They were commenting defensively on our team. Big slow Dunn, converted 1B in left, Reynolds, converted 3B at 1st, "Chris Young has a lot of ground to cover in center"
"Drew needs to run the bases better." -isnt that the story of his season

sorry thats all, just interesting to hear another perspective about this team.
But they also said Tracy has been a stalwart since coming back from injury. Huh? Of course Tracy then went 3-5, so he looked good last night, but it seemed like they looked at some selective numbers or his first week back and made that judgement.

Good game for the DBacks, although too many runners were left on.

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
Why does FSNRM get the technology of the aerial cam and the K-zone and FSNAz doesn't???

Way too many men left on base last night, indeed. Dunn's first at-bat was not promising, but for the rest of the game, he did fine. He showed some good discipline; there were some pitches that I was amazed that he did not swing at. Maybe he can teach the Sheriff something. Dunn has never played for a team with a winning record, so it doesn't surprise me that he was giddy to be traded here, hopefully, it will translate into a signing on in 2009 for a much more affordable salary. RIGHT.
Randy now at 294, checking the schedule, assuming his back holds up, he should have seven or eight more starts this season.

I wonder if we can expect one or both (especially Thursday) of the next two games to be like that insanity at Fenway last night. :p

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
It should be interesting for RJ. He will probably finish around 298 or 299 this season. He could get 300 this year, but that would really be amazing.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Good to see Randy get the win. Sucks that the Dodgers won, but hopefully we can keep it up! :thumbup: Time for another win streak.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very good win. Didn't expect it and loved watching it. Bring it on tonight. Can we steal another one?

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
They stole nothing, the Diamondbacks are the better team and won the game legitimately.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
i have a feeling this is going to be a very high scoring affair

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Davis has not been the same pitcher since he threw a 124 pitches in that game last month.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Very good win. Didn't expect it and loved watching it. Bring it on tonight. Can we steal another one?

yea, nothing was stolen that game. we beat them. randy is hot as of late, and the rockies are not as good.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Davis has not been the same pitcher since he threw a 124 pitches in that game last month.
Starting with a four-pitch walk to the leadoff hitter tonight. Down 2-0 after 1.

C'mon, Wally Scherzer.

Edit: 1st Colorado batter in the 2nd. A homerun. A lefty batter.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ugh davis getting worked yet again down 3-0 already bottom of the 2nd not looking good :(

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
doug davis sucks.
i dont know why we pay him so much, you can get the same thing for $19.99

You must be registered for see images

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well maybe the phillies can actually hold onto a lead vs the dodgers tonight

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
im sorry if im a downer today, but why is slaten considered to be so good?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ugh darnit rouch now 6-4 rockies well time for a big 9th :(

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
dodgers now only trailing the phillies 6-4 bottom of the 4th man the phillies pitching sucks

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
darnit dunn and young both fail produce but young should have really got Ojeda in from 3rd to bad all he can is hit a hr or strike out :( damn hard loss

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard