Oline ranking for Cards

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And the same crew w the down votes, sad one is a moderator w a quick trigger to ban people .. w zero relevant responses backing up the greatness of Hump. Just arguing to argue.

PJ at left tackle and JJ at right tackle.. you can’t do worse than Beachum anyways - hence the reason he’s so darn cheap.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I just don't think these hypothetical examples mean anything. No one is going to re-set the market for an average center because collusion has become the norm in the NFL and no one seems to care much.

People (including me, probably) moaned about how the Christian Kirk contract was a massive overpay. Today he's averaging less per-year than Dionte Johnson. The dimensions that make up player value objectively are:

- Positional value
- Injury history

Subjective factors that likely impact the player's valuation for specific teams include their most recent situation (are they buying high or low plus scheme fit), team need, and attitude/culture fit.

As I said, I think that the labor market in the NFL has become wildly efficient such that overpays end up being of the Jordan Phillips variety and not the Albert Haynesworth type.
Then you’re talking magnitude, not existence, of overpays with which i’d agree.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Because the replacement that you are talking about was a top 6 pick in the draft. Those are pretty hard to come by.

The other one is probably a top 40 or 50 player at the position. Not that hard to see.
Oh gawd - we could have drafted 5 tackles in this draft who have a higher ceiling than Hump. Again show me why in the world you value him this high

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
And the same crew w the down votes, sad one is a moderator w a quick trigger to ban people .. w zero relevant responses backing up the greatness of Hump. Just arguing to argue.

PJ at left tackle and JJ at right tackle.. you can’t do worse than Beachum anyways - hence the reason he’s so darn cheap.
Josh Jones stunk at RT. His ceiling is DJ Humphries.

Again, who is saying Hump is great?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh gawd - we could have drafted 5 tackles in this draft who have a higher ceiling than Hump. Again show me why in the world you value him this high
Oh gawd, I'm just refuting all of your DJ hate. Without Paris playing a down so we don't know, DJ IS our best lineman on the team right now, and he has been for years.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The back track of you guys is funny.. top 9 paid still.. and now w nothing to back your fandom everyone that is kissing Hump is now “he’s average, the best we have, no other choice!”

Lol hilarious.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The back track of you guys is funny.. top 9 paid still.. and now w nothing to back your fandom everyone that is kissing Hump is now “he’s average, the best we have, no other choice!”

Lol hilarious.
It isn't back track. It is you not understanding our position at best, or misrepresenting it at worst.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Murray hung DJ out to dry multiple times and DJ showed some frustration with that

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The this off season suddenly Murray and DJ seem to be vibing. I would see what this looks like before pulling the trigger on anything

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought Murray hung DJ out to dry multiple times and DJ showed some frustration with that
Murray was the most pressured QB in the NFL (not my opinion, we’ve all seen stats posted on this board backing it up)… hanging your Oline out to dry would be holding on the ball too long a la what Joe Burrow is notorious dating back to college to do. Burrows Oline will always look worse than what they really are ( Burrow is my favorite QB in the NFL btw).

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Murray was the most pressured QB in the NFL (not my opinion, we’ve all seen stats posted on this board backing it up)… hanging your Oline out to dry would be holding on the ball too long a la what Joe Burrow is notorious dating back to college to do. Burrows Oline will always look worse than what they really are ( Burrow is my favorite QB in the NFL btw).
Spinning 10 yards in the backfield directly into the arms of the pass rush when there's a clean pocket will hang your OL out to dry, to. And don't try your "he never had a clean pocket" schtick either. He didn't have it often, but he did have clean pockets.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Spinning 10 yards in the backfield directly into the arms of the pass rush when there's a clean pocket will hang your OL out to dry, to. And don't try your "he never had a clean pocket" schtick either. He didn't have it often, but he did have clean pockets.
Lol you’re a fool if you don’t see how many sacks he avoids in comparison to that rare spin for a loss. A statue QB might have set the sack record

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Wow your sensitive if you consider that an insult… 2023 baby!
lol The age of entitlement. The "I get to say whatever I want without consequence because free speech!" I deconstruct this elementary philosophy in my self-advocacy group every week. We all have assertive rights, and we all have responsibilities too. We absolutely have the right to say what we want (or post it). You absolutely have the right to post very sad insults, and you absolutely have the responsibility of dealing with the consequences, be they mockery (see above), bannings, flame wars, etc. But, no, you're "entitled" and shouldn't have consequences, right? If someone calls you on what you say, well, it's their fault for being "sensitive." Sure sounds like you could use my group to your betterment--or a glance in a mirror ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard