Oline ranking for Cards

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let's have the 'easy' list and why.
The list would be a lot shorter and less time consuming to pick the actual starting LT that he is better than. Nearly every single site has him ranked as a back end starter

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So we can conclude that your opinion has little to nothing to do with actual observation and evaluation.
Cute spin, I provided more substance than you did for sure. Name 10 I challenge you… provide me a link where he’s a top ranked tackle over his career. Please.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cute spin, I provided more substance than you did for sure. Name 10 I challenge you… provide me a link where he’s a top ranked tackle over his career. Please.

One can always count on this type of counter after someone makes an outlandish claim he can't support.

I don't claim any special expertise, and clearly, you shouldn't.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Some of it is on the qb. A lot of good quarterbacks would take Humphries as a tackle in a second.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
One can always count on this type of counter after someone makes an outlandish claim he can't support.

I don't claim any special expertise, and clearly, you shouldn't.
Lol you’re funny dude.. the only thing outlandish here is claiming Hump has been a top tier LT for his CAREER.. not even close and the accolades align with that.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not bragging about anything. Just posting where he was ranked on one list. Which IMO means very little.
You’d think if someone felt the guy, anyone felt the guy was a top tier tackle it would be reflected somewhere…anywhere.. outside this board. That I take very large value in, as everyone else that watches him can’t be idiots ?!?!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’d think if someone felt the guy, anyone felt the guy was a top tier tackle it would be reflected somewhere…anywhere.. outside this board. That I take very large value in, as everyone else that watches him can’t be idiots ?!?!

I don't know. People don't typically rank Offensive Linemen. It's really subjective. Then factor in you don't really know what the blocking assignments are on a given play. So if you do try and rank an offensive lineman you are still making a lot of assumptions. I think it's easier and makes more sense to rank an OL as a unit for people who outside of the team. Only the coaches truly know what an OL was supposed to do on a particular play.

This is why I laugh at a lot of the PFF rankings of individual OL and defensive players. They have no way of knowing what those players responsibilities were on a particular play.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't know. People don't typically rank Offensive Linemen. It's really subjective. Then factor in you don't really know what the blocking assignments are on a given play. So if you do try and rank an offensive lineman you are still making a lot of assumptions. I think it's easier and makes more sense to rank an OL as a unit for people who outside of the team. Only the coaches truly know what an OL was supposed to do on a particular play.

This is why I laugh at a lot of the PFF rankings of individual OL and defensive players. They have no way of knowing what those players responsibilities were on a particular play.
The true ranking for OL is probably salary. There isn't much of a middle class anymore (isn't at a lot of positions these days, really).

Humphries is the eighth-highest paid left tackle in the NFL by per-year average by OvertheCap.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The true ranking for OL is probably salary. There isn't much of a middle class anymore (isn't at a lot of positions these days, really).

Humphries is the eighth-highest paid left tackle in the NFL by per-year average by OvertheCap.
Did you really post that a players skill ranking is based on salary ? Hope that was just a joke.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Did you really post that a players skill ranking is based on salary ? Hope that was just a joke.
The teams know better than us, and outside of rookie contracts, it's an open market on both sides (more or less).

Maybe there are three or four guys on rookie contracts better than Hump (who was extended 10 months ago). You're not really making an argument: you're making an assertion and then getting Big Mad that no one is engaging with you.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
That’s how it works. You play well you get paid well. How else do you think NFL teams evaluate players to determine compensation? By their looks? Maybe their sense of humor? Maybe they break down fair market value by assessing their favorite color. Maybe you have some secret stash of o-line stats that nobody knows about.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That’s how it works. You play well you get paid well. How else do you think NFL teams evaluate players to determine compensation? By their looks? Maybe their sense of humor? Maybe they break down fair market value by assessing their favorite color. Maybe you have some secret stash of o-line stats that nobody knows about.

Oh wow another ignorant post.. yes, that’s exactly how it worked for albert Haynesworth, Javon Walker, Roy Williams etc (all who in their prime were way more of a player at their position than Hump). This board is pathetic. Homerism is cool, until we lambaste a dose of reality

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Check any sport - plenty of players more so paid in what they potentially could be rather than their true value as a skilled player

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the business aptitude on this board is definitely on the spectrum.. the low end

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison