Oline ranking for Cards

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sirius radio 88 is the dedicated NFL Channel. Moving the Chains with hosts Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller are ranking all the Olines in the NFL.
Max points possible is 20. The highest ranking I have heard is 18, Eagles, Cowboys, Steelers and some others I can't remember.

LT 5. LG 3 OC 4 RG 3. RT 3 Are the top score for each starting position. Backups 2 possible points.
Hump 4. He is a 5 but missed too much time.
Paris 3. He almost never gives rookies top rate
Frodoz 1. They can't understand why this is our solution to the position.
Hernandez 2. To up and down.
Beechum 1. Too many penalties and sacks.
Backups 2. A lot of game experience.
Total of 13 points.

They think Paris should be at RT and we HAVE to do something about OC.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So the plan is to hope that Paris is a rockstar at RT and that one of our late round picks from last year/gaines develop into good guards.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
LT 5. LG 3 OC 4 RG 3. RT 3 Are the top score for each starting position.
I pretty much agree with these scoring mechanisms - LT is the only O-line position I'd put above Center as far as importance goes but I'd like to see a possible 4 points at the RT position as well

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sirius radio 88 is the dedicated NFL Channel. Moving the Chains with hosts Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller are ranking all the Olines in the NFL.
Max points possible is 20. The highest ranking I have heard is 18, Eagles, Cowboys, Steelers and some others I can't remember.

LT 5. LG 3 OC 4 RG 3. RT 3 Are the top score for each starting position. Backups 2 possible points.
Hump 4. He is a 5 but missed too much time.
Paris 3. He almost never gives rookies top rate
Frodoz 1. They can't understand why this is our solution to the position.
Hernandez 2. To up and down.
Beechum 1. Too many penalties and sacks.
Backups 2. A lot of game experience.
Total of 13 points.

They think Paris should be at RT and we HAVE to do something about OC.

How did it rank with respects to the other NFL teams?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't the max ranking 30 and not 20? Possible 5 points for each of the starters, and another 5 for backups?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't the max ranking 30 and not 20? Possible 5 points for each of the starters, and another 5 for backups?

5+3+4+3+3+2 = 20. 5 isn't the top score for each position.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

5+3+4+3+3+2 = 20. 5 isn't the top score for each position.
That's a silly way to do a ranking, but okay. I get that they are trying to rank them by importance, but it is just weird.

They are also implying that RT has the same importance as both of the G positions? I don't agree with that either.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would personally rate them if the most important position is rated out of 5, which is what I think they are doing now.

LT - 5
C - 4
RT - 4
LG - 3
RG - 3
Backup - 3

OP
OP
Cardiac

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would personally rate them if the most important position is rated out of 5, which is what I think they are doing now.

LT - 5
C - 4
RT - 4
LG - 3
RG - 3
Backup - 3
They do all the position groups and the top score is always 20. I agree the RT should be a 4 but they have been doing this for years.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hump isn’t a 5.. I’d say 3. There are easily 16 better LT than him. Easily !
Lots of homers disagreeing with this post but it’s a reality if you look at his body of work and what else is around the league. How man All Pro Teams has he made??? Big fat ZERO.. how many injury plagued seasons? How many elite seasons ?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Lots of homers disagreeing with this post but it’s a reality if you look at his body of work and what else is around the league. How man All Pro Teams has he made??? Big fat ZERO.. how many injury plagued seasons? How many elite seasons ?
Never disagreed with you saying there are 16 better than him...just pointed out you're arguing a ranking of NFL OT 1-32, but the thread was about just giving them an individual score of 0-5.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
An OL works as a whole, meaning it is hard to get a top score when you are compensating for others. I know playing guard probably has to be a challenge with a subpar center anchoring the group

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
An OL works as a whole, meaning it is hard to get a top score when you are compensating for others. I know playing guard probably has to be a challenge with a subpar center anchoring the group
Without a doubt… still nothing that says Hump is even remotely elite

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Never disagreed with you saying there are 16 better than him...just pointed out you're arguing a ranking of NFL OT 1-32, but the thread was about just giving them an individual score of 0-5.
Gotcha - I read it as Hump got a 5 score out of 5 for LT

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'd give Hump a 4 out of 5 if healthy at this stage in his career.

The problem is the 'if healthy' part. He said he has a bad disc or discs, forgot which one, and opted out of surgery. I'd be really surprised if he plays deep into the season.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can easily name 20 I’d rather have than Hump.. 25-30 if you want to factor in contract. Don’t believe I said they were all All Pro’s, but I appreciate you adding words to my post.
Some of y’all must have a mouth full of Hump.. literally nothing that backs up your claims other than fandom

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson