Nuggets @ Suns Monday Playoff game thread 6-7-2021 - Game 1

WhyAlwaysMe

Banned
Reaction score
I thought Denver played excellent in the 1st half and had Phoenix on the ropes until the 3rd quarter when the Suns turned up the defense. The Nuggets are a good team, no doubt it.

Suns have another gear when the defense loads up. We saw it against the Knicks in OT, and we saw it last night in the 2nd half.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns have another gear when the defense loads up. We saw it against the Knicks in OT, and we saw it last night in the 2nd half.

I think we have seen it all season on and off. Also against the Lakers in the playoffs.

What's encouraging is the Suns seem to have found the switch.

WhyAlwaysMe

Banned
Reaction score
I think we have seen it all season on and off. Also against the Lakers in the playoffs.

What's encouraging is the Suns seem to have found the switch.

It was something discussed throughout the year by national media: “yes, the Suns are a good regular season team, but do they have another gear? Chris Paul teams usually don’t.”

well, well

dscher

Registered
Reaction score
The EXPLOSION of the crowd!!! So awesome!!
Even though I can't stand most of his takes... Stephen A. gave the crowd huge props about the energy and excitement in the building. I completely concur. I soured quite a bit on sports because of covid and no fans. So this was huge for me....the fans are just as much the experience for me as the game itself. It's like peas and carrots. Great feeling having it back!

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on Clippers really dont want jazz 7 gm

Either team will be tough to beat so I'm careful what I wish for. The Jazz seem to be a better match-up for the Suns based on regular season games which they won 3-0.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
My only gripe is that the Suns start slow. There is no reason they can't start the game with the same intensity they showed in the second half.

They really started with no intensity on defense, and they were far too timid on offense. Couple of passes, jack up a three-point shot. Suns are insane on defense when they decide to go into that "next gear". On offense, Denver is slow, and they lack shot-blocking and athleticism, especially in the paint. Just attack the basket- you will have layups and dunks all night. If they decide to clog the paint, then you go to outside shooting. Another thing is that they just need to run. I know CP3 is not a "run-and-gun" point guard, but that's Denver's weakness.

dscher

Registered
Reaction score
I think this goes back to great teams focusing on what they can control. Focus on you and the rest will take care of itself. I think the best teams want the competition that will test and challenge them the most....and when/ if they beat them...it makes it just that much sweeter. Thats the killer instinct I want from my team. :)