Nuggets @ Suns Monday Playoff game thread 6-7-2021 - Game 1

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One was on cam Payne’s buzzer beater layup. Kind of a gimme block.

Yeah. Payne doesn't even elevate on some of those drives he gets to the rim so quick.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't think it matter who the Suns play. If they are screwing around like they did in the first half, they'll lose. If they display that intensity that results in one of the best defenses and offenses in the game at the same time, they will beat anyone.

Jazz are a more disciplined team, but Clippers do have two great players. Clippers struggled against Dallas, and they won't be able to do to Suns what they did to Dallas- Phoenix has multiple creators, multiple shooters, and a bunch of solid defenders.

When Leonard and George are both on the Clippers are tough to beat.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Chris Paul was cooking in this game. Also nice to see Bridges (and Ayton) having great games at home. Hope they keep it up so it will be a good series (that we win in the end).

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we have seen it all season on and off. Also against the Lakers in the playoffs.

What's encouraging is the Suns seem to have found the switch.

True but for me what was most encouraging was that for about 10 minutes, CP was the best player in the game. If we can get that CP again, we're in good shape.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
True but for me what was most encouraging was that for about 10 minutes, CP was the best player in the game. If we can get that CP again, we're in good shape.

That point in the game was magical. Also great to see Mikal's big smile when he was getting buckets. And the pictures of the fans going nuts in the stands.

:clapping:

We deserve this for sticking with the team for 10 hard years.

Last edited:

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
It was something discussed throughout the year by national media: “yes, the Suns are a good regular season team, but do they have another gear? Chris Paul teams usually don’t.

well, well

Whaaat. How many times have we seen Chris Paul turn it up in key moments of a game? And Booker is not afraid in the clutch. National media should do some damn research before they just type something random.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Game is on nba tv right now.

we were behind most of the game until the 4min mark in the third.

we just dominated the 4th.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whaaat. How many times have we seen Chris Paul turn it up in key moments of a game? And Booker is not afraid in the clutch. National media should do some damn research before they just type something random.

CP3 has some legendary playoff meltdowns. An all-timer in Game 5 v. OKC back in 2014 that totally swung the series. His Clippers also choked away TWO 3-1 series leads in two different seasons. And his last Houston team with Harden couldn’t beat the Warriors after Durant went out for the rest of the series in Game 3.

But I’ll take my chances with him at this point. He’s a man on a mission.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CP3 has some legendary playoff meltdowns. An all-timer in Game 5 v. OKC back in 2014 that totally swung the series. His Clippers also choked away TWO 3-1 series leads in two different seasons. And his last Houston team with Harden couldn’t beat the Warriors after Durant went out for the rest of the series in Game 3.

Paul has a better cast around him. I know he had Blake and Deandre Jordan in LA but he didn't have someone else that could get a couple of buckets like Booker. Teams could collapse on Paul and smother him on D before but they can't do that here since he's surrounded by shooters.

He's also one of those rare players where you can tell he's learned from his mistakes. Not just the ones he made individually but that his team made. He's gotten much smarter over the years, which is what has made up for his drop in athleticism. He was always a smart player but he's undoubtedly top 5 in the league when it comes to BB-IQ, probably top 3.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Good points, cheesebeef. I was just thinking recently (this year, LOL). They have show resiliency as a team, going back to the bubble, and in quite a few games this year, and CP3 has stepped up many times in the playoffs this year. Let's keep it going.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have been playing close attention to this interviews. He certainly seems to be on a mission. More so because he realizes this is all going to end soon. He seems to be really enjoying the ride, who he is playing with an appreciating how hard it is to get here. If the team fails to win a title this year it won't be because this dude had no heart.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose