My final Cards mock

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think they are going to trade(including for AP) but for mock purposes, I'll keep everything as is:

1- Marcus Peters, CB Washington: he's the best CB in the draft. He had his issues in college but I don't consider them serious. The new staff at UW kicked off, or suspended, 8 other players as well. It's just that Peters was the highest profile player. He is worth the risk.

2- Danielle Hunter, OLB LSU: I've liked him for awhile and it's hard to find a guy with his ceiling in late round 2. Long and athletic, he has everything you want physically and is only 20. He could be a monster if he takes to NFL coaching.

3- Devin Funchess, TE/WR Michigan: he ran a slower than expected 40 at the combine but the guy was very productive at Michigan while having complete trash at QB throwing to him. He can be a Jimmy Graham-type player in the NFL.

4- Javorious Allen, RB USC: with this deep RB class some guys are going to slide through the cracks. Allen could be one of them and he'd fill the big back need that Arians said he wants.

5- BJ Finney, C K-St: the 3 time captain fits Keim's mold to a tee. He's very smart but limited athletically. He's much like the guy he'd be replacing, Sendlein.

6- Chaz Green, OT Florida: he's very impressive both physically and athletically. He just hasn't been all that durable. If he can stay healthy, he could give Massie a run for his money at RT.

7: Tony Washington, OLB Oregon: he has the tools to be an effective player in the NFL but something was missing at Oregon. He looks the part but just didn't make a huge impact. His ability makes him worth a shot late in the draft.

7: Deon Simon, NT Northwestern St: small school player has the size and strength to develop into a good NT. He's a definite project but there a lot to work with.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
So many backs with potential in this draft and Javorious Allen is not getting quite the attention he probably deserves... a good player :)

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like your draft but i think keim wont risk a first round pick on peters, seems he suffers a bipolar disorder, not much to do in this case

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
last? there is a good 60 hours until the draft

thats time for at least 4 more mock drafts

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Given my love of Peters, ill accept the hunter pick as the cost.

My problem with Hunter is hes a big, athletic, physically impressive looking, beast of a nothing on the field.

guy has done nothing at LSU. Now youre going to put him against even bigger, faster, and more talented guys and hes suppose to do what?

Stand there and look veiny while contributing nothing to the stat sheet

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Top DB and I like the RB alot. Potential receiving TE.

I like it

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I agree, Allen seems like just the type of back the offense needs.

And he comes from a major college program. I know guys from small schools can be players too, but knowing the guy toted the rock for USC means something to me and adds to his value in my opinion

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Cbus that would be a great draft or a terrible one considering all 3 of those top picks have big questions about them.

Nice work, but I'm staying away fom Peters because of his apparent issues with coaches & teammates.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Given my love of Peters, ill accept the hunter pick as the cost.

My problem with Hunter is hes a big, athletic, physically impressive looking, beast of a nothing on the field.

guy has done nothing at LSU. Now youre going to put him against even bigger, faster, and more talented guys and hes suppose to do what?

Stand there and look veiny while contributing nothing to the stat sheet
I agree that Hunter is going to need work. That's why he's in round 2. But he plays hard, is coachable, and he led LSU in TFL so it's not like he didn't do a thing. I think it's rare to be able to get a guy with his tools and willingness that far down in the draft. It wouldn't surprise me if he's gone by then either. Plus being only 20, he's going to get bigger and faster as well, to go along with high end talent.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't like Peters much, and the fact that he choked one of his coaches is a big time hit.

Hunter is a workout warrior who didn't do squat in college in the best conference in America.

Funchess could be a nice pick, but isn't an Arians type of TE or WR. I think you like him, but I doubt the Cardinals will.

I like Buck Allen, but I think his speed is a little too straight-linish and I think he will be available late in the draft, or later than 4th round.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I don't like Peters much, and the fact that he choked one of his coaches is a big time hit.

Hunter is a workout warrior who didn't do squat in college in the best conference in America.

Funchess could be a nice pick, but isn't an Arians type of TE or WR. I think you like him, but I doubt the Cardinals will.

I like Buck Allen, but I think his speed is a little too straight-linish and I think he will be available late in the draft, or later than 4th round.
So what are you trying to say :D.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I got to be more sold on Hunter then currently.

1.5 sacks as a starter in 13 games? Was he being quadruple teamed? 4.5 Sacks his whole college career?

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I got to be more sold on Hunter then currently.

1.5 sacks as a starter in 13 games? Was he being quadruple teamed? 4.5 Sacks his whole college career?
He did lead them in TFL though. Watching his video, I think the reason for his low sack total is that, from a 3 point stance, he is not very quick off the ball.

That's why he needs work. I think he may become a better pass rusher standing up and going from OLB than as a down linemen.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I'm not the only Hunter fan but it seems the majority are not. I asked scout if he thought Hunter would be around for the Cards #2 and if he liked him.

His answer was no to him being around but he that he liked him. Although, he said he was on an island when it comes to liking Hunter.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard