Marlon Humphrey

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Are we sleeping on him a bit?

Mayock has us taking him at 13 with his newly minted mock draft. How would you all feel about this? Does he know something we don't(of course he does)?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He nailed the DJ Humphries pick two years ago when no one predicted that would happen. I do believe Mayock has inside info and Jurecki has intimated that the team is looking at defense in round 1. CB2 is a pressing need, so it wouldn't surprise me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have no idea if it will happen, but I don't like the fit. He is a cover two CB or a S.... He doesn't have the ball skills to play man... He would get torched in our system just like he did in college when put in that situation.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm skeptical about ALA CB's after someone brought up (not sure if it was on this board) that ALA does not teach their CB's the nuances of the position and their defensive scheme covers the CB's weaknesses. Dee Milliner was brought up as I believe he called this out saying he wasn't prepared to play CB in the NFL, thus he busted out of the league.

Maybe Humphrey breaks the mold but time will tell and what team he goes to and their defensive scheme will play a big role in his development.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Marlon Humphrey was thought by some right after the combine to be at the top of the CB heap, but since then has faded. Most point to his lack of body control and ball skills. There aren't any sure-fire CB's at the top of the draft, but a horde of very good second-tier guys who can play. Lattimore, Marlon Humphrey, Gareon Conley, Tredavious White, Adoree Jackson, and **** Tabor are the game tested best of the bunch. Tabor has fallen off due to his slow 40 times, and Conley now is dealing with his legal issue.

The top safeties are better prepared players right now. Malik Hooker and Jalen Adams are top 10 guys.
The Cardinals need one safety and one CB in this draft to make it a good one.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mayock also has us trading up to #32 and drafting Mahomes. Not sure he falls that far.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Humphrey doesn't fit in as a Cards CB. In fact I think he's going to bust

ThunderCard

Reaction score
He is the one CB I do not want in this draft. He gave up so many big plays at Alabama.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Humphrey doesn't fit in as a Cards CB. In fact I think he's going to bust

How so? I think he fits right in. Plays good press man, has size, has speed, and can tackle. Just doesn't have ball skills, which is the concern and why he has dropped.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He was my top corner, ahead of Lattimore, but I still prefer Foster if there or one of the receivers.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
He was my top corner, ahead of Lattimore, but I still prefer Foster if there or one of the receivers.

+1.

He still may be my top corner as well.....problem is, is he THAT much better than say Quincy Wilson, Kevin King, or Fabian Moreau ?

Why take a cornerback in the first when you can get one that is comparable in the 2nd ?

We draft Humphrey in the first, I would be happy with that pick.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just have a massive issue with taking the deepest position in the draft with the 23th overall pick. It's not going to happen. Not Keim's style.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can't take Humphrey if Hooker, Adams, or Foster are on the board. In fact, I would only want Humphrey on a trade down.
All 3 might be taken by #13.

Regardless - I want both my corners be fast enough, aggressive in coverage, have good ball skills and be reliable tacklers. I don't think Humphrey checks off all those boxes - comes across as a bit meh to me.