MadCards 2019 Cardinals Mock Draft V2.0

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robert Downey Jr is an amazing artist who has struggled with substance abuse in the past. After cleaning up his life, he has produced some of his greatest performances.

Likewise Steve Keim has struggled with alcohol abuse. I believe that Keim has cleaned up his act and I'm banking on this for my latest Mock Draft. Hopefully this past offseason Keim has been putting on his greatest performance to date.

The Oscar worthy performance has the world convinced that the Cardinals are taking Murray with the #1 overall pick. Enough so that the Oakland Raiders are willing to trade multiple picks (#4, #27 and #35) to move up and snag Murray for themselves.

Keim also trades the first pick on day two #33 to the Bucs for #39 and #107.

With all of the added draft capital, the Cardinals are able to reload a roster that lacked talent and depth at several key positions.

You must be registered for see images attach

#4 Overall (from OAK): Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

This monster will play SDE in the 3-4 next to Corey Peters at NT. Williams is everything that the Cardinals hoped Nkemdiche would have been. The Cardinals defense is quickly returning to it's dominate days of the past few years.

#27 Overall (from OAK): Cody Ford, OT/G, Oklahoma

The Cardinals add another lineman this time to the other side of the ball. Ford is a massive road grader who is light on his feet for such a large guy. His versatility to play both G and Tackle is a huge plus for the Cardinals. Ford will provide insurance for the plethora of players with injury history along the Cardinals OL.

#35 Overall (from OAK): N’Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

Much to the delight of Arizona fans the Cardinals select local boy N'Keal Harry. Harry gets to play with and learn from his childhood idol Larry Fitzgerald. The succession plan is complete for Larry to retire next year.

You must be registered for see images

#39 Overall (from TAM): Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

The Cardinals go with two WRs in the second round to surround Josh Rosen with actual NFL talent WRs this season. Samuel is a stocky WR who has great balance and is difficult to bring down. He has no problem getting off the line with bump coverage. He was one of the standouts at the Senior Bowl.

#65 Overall: Austin Bryant, OLB, Clemson

Young OLB to learn from T'Sizzle. Has good length and speed. Got somewhat lost behind the other three defensive line standouts at Clemson.

#103 Overall: Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama St.

The Cardinals love their small school prospects. Howard had a strong showing at the Senior Bowl and the Cardinals just can't resist drafting those players who no one has heard of.

#107 Overall (From TAM): Anthony Nelson, DE, Iowa

A 3-4 DE with great hand placement and strong against the run. High motor type of player with great length and frame.

#139 Overall: Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis
Henderson is built low to the ground and is difficult to tackle. He doesn't dance around an stays North/South with his running.

#174 Overall: Daylon Mack, NT, Texas A&M

Huge space eater who can help keep Corey Peters fresh

Plus a few other picks that I'm not too concerned about.

And with this performance Keim wins one of these:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love this but even if Murray went to OAK #1, I dont think we will get Williams at #4. He is going in the top 3 IMO.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love this but even if Murray went to OAK #1, I dont think we will get Williams at #4. He is going in the top 3 IMO.

Two QBs could go in the top three if a QB hungry team decides to move up after Murray goes (Giants, Wash, Miami). That means Williams or Bosa would slide to the Cardinals in this scenario.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two QBs could go in the top three if a QB hungry team decides to move up after Murray goes (Giants, Wash, Miami). That means Williams or Bosa would slide to the Cardinals in this scenario.

But they would have to be worried about the niners, Jets or us taking a QB and I highly doubt the niners or jets do. So unless that team is worried about us taking haskins, I am sure they could trade to our spot to get ahead of the buccaneers but we would have to be willing to lose Q in that scenario.

I guess we'll see.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Robert Downey Jr is an amazing artist who has struggled with substance abuse in the past. After cleaning up his life, he has produced some of his greatest performances.

Likewise Steve Keim has struggled with alcohol abuse. I believe that Keim has cleaned up his act and I'm banking on this for my latest Mock Draft. Hopefully this past offseason Keim has been putting on his greatest performance to date.

The Oscar worthy performance has the world convinced that the Cardinals are taking Murray with the #1 overall pick. Enough so that the Oakland Raiders are willing to trade multiple picks (#4, #27 and #35) to move up and snag Murray for themselves.

Keim also trades the first pick on day two #33 to the Bucs for #39 and #107.

With all of the added draft capital, the Cardinals are able to reload a roster that lacked talent and depth at several key positions.

#4 Overall (from OAK): Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

This monster will play SDE in the 3-4 next to Corey Peters at NT. Williams is everything that the Cardinals hoped Nkemdiche would have been. The Cardinals defense is quickly returning to it's dominate days of the past few years.

#27 Overall (from OAK): Cody Ford, OT/G, Oklahoma

The Cardinals add another lineman this time to the other side of the field. Ford is a massive road grader who is light on his feet for such a large guy. His versatility to play both G and Tackle is a huge plus for the Cardinals. Ford will provide insurance for the plethora of players with injury history along the Cardinals OL.

#35 Overall (from OAK): N’Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

Much to the delight of Arizona fans the Cardinals select local boy N'Keal Harry. Harry gets to play with and learn from his childhood idol Larry Fitzgerald. The succession plan is complete for Larry to retire next year.

#39 Overall (from TAM): Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

The Cardinals go with two WRs in the second round to surround Josh Rosen with actual NFL talent WRs this season. Samuel is a stocky WR who has great balance and is difficult to bring down. He has no problem getting off the line with bump coverage. He was one of the standouts at the Senior Bowl.

#65 Overall: Austin Bryant, OLB, Clemson

Young OLB to learn from T'Sizzle. Has good length and speed. Got somewhat lost behind the other three defensive standouts at Clemson.

#103 Overall: Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama St.

The Cardinals love their small school prospects. Howard had a strong showing at the Senior Bowl and the Cardinals just can't resist drafting those players who no one has heard of.

#107 Overall (From TAM): Anthony Nelson, DE, Iowa

A 3-4 DE with great hand placement and strong against the run. High motor type of player with great length and frame.

#139 Overall: Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis
Henderson is built low to the ground and is difficult to tackle. He doesn't dance around an stays North/South with his running.

#174 Overall: Daylon Mack, NT, Texas A&M

Huge space eater who can help keep Corey Peters fresh

Plus a few other picks that I'm not too concerned about.

And with this performance Keim wins one of these:

If this happens you and him will get the oscar that is how you build a Freaking Football Team

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But they would have to be worried about the niners, Jets or us taking a QB and I highly doubt the niners or jets do. So unless that team is worried about us taking haskins, I am sure they could trade to our spot to get ahead of the buccaneers but we would have to be willing to lose Q in that scenario.

I guess we'll see.

You would have to also worry about a team leap frogging you to snag your QB. The Niners and Jets are looking to add picks as well.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice draft. But what if the Raiders are looking to get Bosa to replace Mack. Then what?

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Nice draft. But what if the Raiders are looking to get Bosa to replace Mack. Then what?
Then it could be Williams or White from LSU from what I've read he is damn good too I seem to remember a certain player that played linebacker at North Carolina that was drafted the same year we drafted OJ Andersen turned out to be pretty good, oh his name you ask why Lawrence Taylor

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't see Murray as a guy Gruden wants. Gruden has had multiple opportunities to take mobile QB's and has always passed. IMO the Raiders are just getting their paperwork on Murray so when they face him in the future.

Gruden to Murray, "U Zap to West Right Tight F Left Fake 99 Toss Crunch Naked Right Spider." (yes an actual Gruden call)

Murray, "ugh what!?"

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oliver, Murray or an Edge Rusher
I’ve come to conclusion we will draft Murray but hope like crazy the Raiders want Bosa. If that happens and we acquire 2 extra picks and still have a shot at Murray would be incredible. By trading out of the first pick the message would be , “wow I guess the Cards don’t want Murray.” Therefore teams might think they only have to trade up to # 5. If we REALLY aren’t taking Murray our phone could be ringing of the wall for our #4. However if we do take Murray with #4 we could then pick up addition picks for Rosen. The possibilities are endless.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Dude......

Best Mock yet. You get 3 of my favorite players in this draft (Williams, Harry, and Deebo). I like Ford too, he could be a road grader as a RG, and with Sweezy/Garcia/Pugh, he doesn't have to play right away.

Good balance between offense and defense too. IMO the Cardinals defense becomes a terror and Rosen has enough to significantly improve this year.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Dude......

Best Mock yet. You get 3 of my favorite players in this draft (Williams, Harry, and Deebo). I like Ford too, he could be a road grader as a RG, and with Sweezy/Garcia/Pugh, he doesn't have to play right away.

Good balance between offense and defense too. IMO the Cardinals defense becomes a terror and Rosen has enough to significantly improve this year.
I am on the Murray wagon, but I’d jump all over this one wow

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That's where I select Ed Oliver... please send all donations to the Support Ed draft contingent :)

If it's Williams vs. Oliver, I go Williams all day. His film is better and he was more productive. Sure Oliver has some great film and he was played out of position but that doesn't change his lack of productivity. IMO you always go with more productive and better film over potential.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If it's Williams vs. Oliver, I go Williams all day. His film is better and he was more productive. Sure Oliver has some great film and he was played out of position but that doesn't change his lack of productivity. IMO you always go with more productive and better film over potential.

But how often was Williams triple teamed with all the talent Williams had along side him at Alabama, but Williams is a beast and I would be happy with him

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude......

I know right. Putting this together and I was like holy crap this is quite the haul.

Then look at the potential starting defensive front 7

DE Quinnen Williams
NT Corey Peters
DE Darius Philon

OLB Chandler Jones
ILB Jordan Hicks
ILB Haason Reddick
OLB Terrell Suggs

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I know right. Putting this together and I was like holy crap this is quite the haul.

Then look at the potential starting defensive front 7

DE Quinnen Williams
NT Corey Peters
DE Darius Philon

OLB Chandler Jones
ILB Jordan Hicks
ILB Haason Reddick
OLB Terrell Suggs

That front seven is sick! Lots of pass rush and Jordan Hicks, Swearinger, and Baker to clean up the middle of the field.