OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man City's directly built on oil money. Arsenal is hugely funded by Rwanda of all places. Many of the clubs have skeletons in their closet and get hypocritical when it comes to other teams.
That is one skeleton I'm not willing to live with.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was rooting for a draw vs Spurs - exciting game though!
Yeah, pretty crazy. I got spoiled trying to watch the game with Goal Zone was on and I saw the score was 3-1. It was fun and we are in 5th now. I seriously doubt we can get top 4, but 5 isn't bad considering our season.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty crazy. I got spoiled trying to watch the game with Goal Zone was on and I saw the score was 3-1. It was fun and we are in 5th now. I seriously doubt we can get top 4, but 5 isn't bad considering our season.
Yeah - I'd be surprised if they didn't finish in a Europa League spot. Money has got to be on Liverpool/Spurs for those two spots.

Brighton in 8th, but 2 points back and 3 games in hand vs Spurs and Aston Villa. At this point, for us Europa League would be a smashing success, Conference League would be a consolation prize we'd be happy with, and finishing 8th would be disappointing.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yeah - I'd be surprised if they didn't finish in a Europa League spot. Money has got to be on Liverpool/Spurs for those two spots.

Brighton in 8th, but 2 points back and 3 games in hand vs Spurs and Aston Villa. At this point, for us Europa League would be a smashing success, Conference League would be a consolation prize we'd be happy with, and finishing 8th would be disappointing.
Everything short of champions league is a disappointment at this point - to be a top tier team and maintain that status, we need to do much better.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liverpool knew that they needed to update their midfield, but this is quite the turnaround.

Keita, Oxlade Chamberlin, Milner gone, Carvalho on loan. Now team captain Henderson sold to the Saudis and this is a complete overhaul. There is a possibility Fabinho leaves too.

We need at least 1 more good midfield signing, 2 of Fabinho leaves. What an offseason.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great offseason for Liverpool.

OT, but did anyone see the score of the BM match yesterday, 27-0? lol

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

MacAllister and Szoboszlai are good gets for sure. Now we need one more, and possibly a number 6 if Fabinho leaves. I think Liverpool and Jurgen are quite happy to allow Fabinho to go if they get 40M as they think he is on the decline anyway.

27-0 is just rude.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

I guess it's an exhibition that they do with the local team where they train every year (who is in German ninth division). I hope it raises money for their club or something. Certainly could have mixed a lot of youth academy players with a couple of first teamers and still accomplished that objective without it being 27-0 though!

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess it's an exhibition that they do with the local team where they train every year (who is in German ninth division). I hope it raises money for their club or something. Certainly could have mixed a lot of youth academy players with a couple of first teamers and still accomplished that objective without it being 27-0 though!

Yeah, I saw that, down towards the Austrian border. I don't know if it's more embarrassing for the 9th division team, or if they're just excited to play against the caliber of players on BM.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That makes a LOT more sense.

Although a 10-0 victory shows the same domination, without the middle finger ego along with it.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of turnover and possibly a lot of new starters to integrate into the squad. Might take a while to gel.
Yep. Especially for a team that likes to pass the ball around the midfield a lot and look for perfect passes.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Well, first game exposed all the problems we expected...we're still in desperate need of a #6 and a CB. At least one of the two and probably both should have been addressed at the beginning of the transfer window. Now we're paying the cost both in terms of lacking those options on the field, and the cost of acquiring adequate replacements. Caicedo netting ($115+ - edit, it's $145 million) shows how ridiculous the market has gotten, and that's not likely to change anytime soon.

Striking out on Enzo/Tchoameni/Caicedo and now apparently Lavia has been a total failure. Also - we don't have the money to pay Jude 110, but we were willing to pay Caicedo more? I understand they're both different types of player, but it's a crazy world where Caicedo is making more than Bellingham.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, first game exposed all the problems we expected...we're still in desperate need of a #6 and a CB. At least one of the two and probably both should have been addressed at the beginning of the transfer window. Now we're paying the cost both in terms of lacking those options on the field, and the cost of acquiring adequate replacements. Caicedo netting ($115+ - edit, it's $145 million) shows how ridiculous the market has gotten, and that's not likely to change anytime soon.

Striking out on Enzo/Tchoameni/Caicedo and now apparently Lavia has been a total failure. Also - we don't have the money to pay Jude 110, but we were willing to pay Caicedo more? I understand they're both different types of player, but it's a crazy world where Caicedo is making more than Bellingham.

The market got hyper inflated at the end of the market, in part due Henderson/Fabinho leaving late in the window. Knowing what they know now, I'm sure they would have focused on Jude earlier. I'm also not sure they would have been prepared to pay Jude 250k a week in wages.

Liverpool from now on will need to continue finding diamonds in the rough, or they will need to adjust their wage structure. Player after player are now choosing other teams vs Liverpool and it is seemingly coming down to wages.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Getting a tad bit--and I mean only a tiny bit--of what I've had to deal with for over a decade. That's why I bristle so much when Klopp whines about us spending money. Spend a decade losing top players without replacing them and get back to me.

I don't want to leave it at that, because I'm not trying to be harsh to you guys, the fans. It royally sucks when you get hosed in the transfer market. I feel your pain. I think Liverfool will still make Europe. They did need a swift return to the CL, but maybe that won't happen now.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting a tad bit--and I mean only a tiny bit--of what I've had to deal with for over a decade. That's why I bristle so much when Klopp whines about us spending money. Spend a decade losing top players without replacing them and get back to me.

I don't want to leave it at that, because I'm not trying to be harsh to you guys, the fans. It royally sucks when you get hosed in the transfer market. I feel your pain. I think Liverfool will still make Europe. They did need a swift return to the CL, but maybe that won't happen now.
Liverpool does its best business under the radar. They should have just bid 50M for Lavia at the start and he would have been a Liverpool player. They got cute, by offering 3 bids and paid the price. Even though it wasn't my money, I'm glad they didn't end up paying 110 for Caicedo. He isn't worth it. They could have paid 80 or 85M to Brighton last year and it would have gotten done too.

Liverpool had its own role to play (by letting Hendo/Fabs go and not having a backup already in place) in allowing this transfer market to explode.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Liverpool from now on will need to continue finding diamonds in the rough, or they will need to adjust their wage structure. Player after player are now choosing other teams vs Liverpool and it is seemingly coming down to wages.
Sounds like Ken Kendrick and being a good steward. It's sickening that the paradigm is oil money or irrelevance moving forward.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terrible start at Anfield for the first 10 minutes. Then free-flowing Liverpool for the last 80.

Love the Endo signing at 20M. He slotted right in after that disgrace of a straight red on McAllister.

Not having MacAllister is really going to hurt our chance away at Newcastle.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Terrible start at Anfield for the first 10 minutes. Then free-flowing Liverpool for the last 80.

Love the Endo signing at 20M. He slotted right in after that disgrace of a straight red on McAllister.

Not having MacAllister is really going to hurt our chance away at Newcastle.
Endo is fine, but I'm really discouraged that is all we appear to be planning on here, especially at the #6. I hope it's posturing for Doucoure but who can tell at this point?

Defense and defensive mid are both obvious issues.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, and Szobozlai is a monster. He is my favorite Liverpool player right now after 2 games. He has been outstanding.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Teams all around Liverpool are scooping up players and Liverpool picks up Endo. Again - Endo is nice, but Nunes is a legitimate game changer and not just a place holder.

FSG better have something up their sleeve at this point.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Teams all around Liverpool are scooping up players and Liverpool picks up Endo. Again - Endo is nice, but Nunes is a legitimate game changer and not just a place holder.

FSG better have something up their sleeve at this point
They've spent twice as much as they've made so far this window (though they let plenty of prior first teamers leave on frees), and nearly got Caciedo. Wouldn't say they've been a disaster this window.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson