Liverpool FC

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might as well create show my support here officially. What a great run we had last year with Sturridge and Suarez.

This year has been a bit disappointing, but frankly, we overachieved last year. Still in the League Cup (semi against Chelsea, ouch) FA cup, Europa League, and within striking distance of the top 4.

This weekend is against Sunderland. Good luck Ben.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Steven Gerrard signed with the Galaxy starting in June.

Yeah, it's ok. He is a bit long in the tooth for me. I'm looking forward to it actually, because it will force them to upgrade the midfield. Most sure how Lucas found is way back in the first team, but they really need to upgrade it.

The defense gets a lot of flack, but the midfield is equally as bad.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Good on you for declaring not in the season you're rocking and rolling, but rather in the season you aren't the best. Gives a nice anti-bandwagon vibe.

Now you're up 1-0 and 11 men to 10. Finish those kittens off, will you?

Stout

Reaction score
Wow, going down to 10 men actually helped Sunderland. So many teams don't play with heart for entire games, then suddenly turn it on when they lose a man. I'm not just singling out the kittens here; it's true of many teams. Weird.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, going down to 10 men actually helped Sunderland. So many teams don't play with heart for entire games, then suddenly turn it on when they lose a man. I'm not just singling out the kittens here; it's true of many teams. Weird.

True. I would want to step on a team's throat and try and beef up your goal differential when you are up a player.

Thankfully for Liverpool though, Sunderland's team is pretty bad this year. They were lifeless, no ideas etc. Glad that Markovic got is first PL goal. He and Coutinho played great.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
True. I would want to step on a team's throat and try and beef up your goal differential when you are up a player.

Thankfully for Liverpool though, Sunderland's team is pretty bad this year. They were lifeless, no ideas etc. Glad that Markovic got is first PL goal. He and Coutinho played great.

That first half was the worst i have seen for a long long time. I was freezing too :hulk:

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That first half was the worst i have seen for a long long time. I was freezing too :hulk:

They are going to have to make some moves in the transfer window, switch formations... something.

They look like a side that isn't going to stay in the top division....

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a great Capital One cup tie. They gave Chelsea all they could handle. An ugly game that was beautiful at the same time. Both sides attacking, pressing for 120 minutes. Yet we have incidents of Diego Costa stepping on Liverpool players twice without any punishment and Jordan Henderson deliberately handling the ball which would have been a sending off.

Great game, and a crappy way to lose a cup tie...in extra time of the second leg.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Costa was given a 3 game ban for his behavior in the Capital One game, which means he will miss the upcoming game against City. Big loss for Chelsea. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy....

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should have won this Merseyside darby. We had them on the ropes a couple of times but just couldn't punch it in.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big win against Tottenham with a late goal by Balotelli to seal the win. Puts us in a realistic chance to reach the top 4.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big win against Tottenham with a late goal by Balotelli to seal the win. Puts us in a realistic chance to reach the top 4.

Another good FA cup win against Crystal Palace. One loss in like the last 16 games with the one loss coming against Chelsea in extra time when Costa should have been red carded. This team is in form!

Stout

Reaction score
Another good FA cup win against Crystal Palace. One loss in like the last 16 games with the one loss coming against Chelsea in extra time when Costa should have been red carded. This team is in form!

Only 1 loss in the last 16? Wow! Probably top of the form table, or joint top with Chelsea, maybe.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only 1 loss in the last 16? Wow! Probably top of the form table, or joint top with Chelsea, maybe.

Yep. Switching to a 3 in the back defense moving Emre Can into the CB role, Coutinho playing out of his mind and Sterling doing his thing, it turned our season around. People were calling for Rodgers head at the beginning of the season and now he is really looking good.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1-0 Europa League win against Besitkas. Tough side, very good defensively. Balotelli with the PK a midst controversy that really wasn't.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another big win at Southampton. 5 straight clean sheets on the road. This team is really going to challenge for a top 4 finish.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liverpool lost to Besitkas in the Europa league on penalties. Sterling didn't take a penalty and the 5th player and deciding player for Liverpool was Lovren. Puzzling decision.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Lovren has been a disaster all season. Tough to win a game with half the team out. Man City on a short week is not good.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lovren has been a disaster all season. Tough to win a game with half the team out. Man City on a short week is not good.

No it is not. Thursday night game and then a Saturday mid-afternoon game after that? They could have pushed the game back to Sunday or Monday even.

Sigh.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave