Liverpool FC

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Salah didn't score last night but prior had like 12 goals in 16 games. He isn't on some bad run of form that the media keeps saying.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You've seen Salah at his best...this ain't peak Salah.

The midfield is the weak spot on the team right now and it isn't close.
No doubt.
I think if Gakpo comes out firing there is a slim hope.
We need someone to find their shooting boots! Apparently Mane was under appreciated? Losing Jota has hurt quite a bit as well. I'm much more impressed with the quality/depth in the front and back than with the mid.
I haven't lost all faith on the top 4. Brentford is a really tough place to play.
True, but based on form, United and Newcastle look the stronger sides. Liverpool has never been consistent and lacks identity - that's why I'm afraid we'll fall short this year.
I think Konate/Matip can do just fine out there but the line will have to be a little bit tighter. VVD hasn't been himself all year.
VVD may not be prime VVD, but the #'s when he's starting don't lie. He'll be missed.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You've seen Salah at his best...this ain't peak Salah.
That I can agree with.
No doubt.

We need someone to find their shooting boots! Apparently Mane was under appreciated? Losing Jota has hurt quite a bit as well. I'm much more impressed with the quality/depth in the front and back than with the mid.
I don't think so. I just think he wanted a different challenge.
True, but based on form, United and Newcastle look the stronger sides. Liverpool has never been consistent and lacks identity - that's why I'm afraid we'll fall short this year.
Big fear of mine too.
VVD may not be prime VVD, but the #'s when he's starting don't lie. He'll be missed.
Right now he is expected to miss 3 games in the Prem Brighton, Chelsea, and Wolves. Brighton and Chelsea should be tough.

And a 3rd round FA cup against the Wolves again. I would be happy if we lost this so we can focus on the Prem and Champions League.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Stick a fork in Liverpool if they can't beat Newcastle on Saturday. Ownership really scuppered Newcastle's Champions League hopes by choking on the big one in the winter window. The paper-thin squad is ravaged with injury. As of yesterday, there was only one fit senior striker, and in midfield, where the squad are thinnest, they sustained 3 injuries. I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Mags score a point or, shockingly, if they snatch all 3.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stick a fork in Liverpool if they can't beat Newcastle on Saturday. Ownership really scuppered Newcastle's Champions League hopes by choking on the big one in the winter window. The paper-thin squad is ravaged with injury. As of yesterday, there was only one fit senior striker, and in midfield, where the squad are thinnest, they sustained 3 injuries. I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Mags score a point or, shockingly, if they snatch all 3.
I think the fork is already stuck for Liverpool. If they can pull out top 4 being effectively after their start, it would be a miracle.

Both Jota and Firmino came off of the bench against Everton and should play a role, but they are still short Diaz.

It would be nice if we could run out there with Nunez, Firmino/Jota, and Salah. Gakpo needs a rest.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Liverpool get 3 big points at Newcastle. I don’t know what Pope was thinking on his play well outside his area.

Stout

Reaction score
Liverpool get 3 big points at Newcastle. I don’t know what Pope was thinking on his play well outside his area.
Oh yeah, Pope can go straight to hell. Go to the Newcastle thread for my heartfelt reaction to him tonight. Let's just say that Newcastle are playing for a Europa league place; we're toast as far as the Champions League. Winning the cup game--which Pope probably made almost impossible--guarantees that, and lets us play with house money.

Weirdly enough, I can say with all honesty that, despite a 2-nil win and playing much of the game with an extra man, Liverpool sucked. They were godawful. Alisson was a stud and saved not just a draw, but probably a 10-man Newcastle win. Well, that and leaving their scoring boots at home for the Mags. I put the blame on Klopp, too. With their defense leaking like a sieve and up 2-nil and up a man, he's still playing a pressing style. What a dope.

But, listen, the top teams win when they're second best, and that's exactly what Liverpool did. I can be all proud of the Mags all I want, but Liverpool were clinical with those two early chances, and set up our moron keeper to get sent off. Fair play to you lot.

And, for a laugh, the minute yinz scored, the time wasting began. The ref even pointed to his watch at one point. Hypocrisy, thy name is Liverpool :D

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Pope can go straight to hell. Go to the Newcastle thread for my heartfelt reaction to him tonight. Let's just say that Newcastle are playing for a Europa league place; we're toast as far as the Champions League. Winning the cup game--which Pope probably made almost impossible--guarantees that, and lets us play with house money.

Weirdly enough, I can say with all honesty that, despite a 2-nil win and playing much of the game with an extra man, Liverpool sucked. They were godawful. Alisson was a stud and saved not just a draw, but probably a 10-man Newcastle win. Well, that and leaving their scoring boots at home for the Mags. I put the blame on Klopp, too. With their defense leaking like a sieve and up 2-nil and up a man, he's still playing a pressing style. What a dope.

But, listen, the top teams win when they're second best, and that's exactly what Liverpool did. I can be all proud of the Mags all I want, but Liverpool were clinical with those two early chances, and set up our moron keeper to get sent off. Fair play to you lot.

And, for a laugh, the minute yinz scored, the time wasting began. The ref even pointed to his watch at one point. Hypocrisy, thy name is Liverpool :D
Liverpool does what Liverpool does when the game gets comfortable. they go into a shell. They don't have the killer instinct that a Man City has for example.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liverpool just can't beat Real Madrid. 2-0 to losing 5-2 is disgraceful. I knew at halftime the tie was over. That was confirmed 3 minutes later.

At least they can now focus on the league and try to get back into the top 4. HAHA.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Liverpool just can't beat Real Madrid. 2-0 to losing 5-2 is disgraceful. I knew at halftime the tie was over. That was confirmed 3 minutes later.

At least they can now focus on the league and try to get back into the top 4. HAHA.
With the way Spurs and Newcastle are playing that fourth spot is not secure. It’s there for the taking. Of corse Liverpool could just as well fall down the table with the way they have gone up and down.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

I turned it off after the 4th goal - handed an absolute gift, Liverpool remains absolutely shambolic in defense and midfield.

Bellingham is looking more and more like a pipe dream - so depressing. He'll go to Madrid like all the other stars.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I turned it off after the 4th goal - handed an absolute gift, Liverpool remains absolutely shambolic in defense and midfield.

Bellingham is looking more and more like a pipe dream - so depressing. He'll go to Madrid like all the other stars.
I am a glutton for punishment I wanted to turn it off but I couldn't.

I still think Bellingham is still a real possibility if Liverpool can somehow make it to the Champions League. We will be a starter written in Sharpie and will receive a good wage bill, vs Real where he might not start every game.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I am a glutton for punishment I wanted to turn it off but I couldn't.

I still think Bellingham is still a real possibility if Liverpool can somehow make it to the Champions League. We will be a starter written in Sharpie and will receive a good wage bill, vs Real where he might not start every game.
Well yes, if we make Champions league its a possibility, but I don't see Champions league as more than a 50/50 shot at best.

We're also more than a Bellingham away from competing. Our central defense which appeared to be a strength has been a huge weakness. More than some lipstick to pretty up this pig is needed!

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well yes, if we make Champions league its a possibility, but I don't see Champions league as more than a 50/50 shot at best.

We're also more than a Bellingham away from competing. Our central defense which appeared to be a strength has been a huge weakness. More than some lipstick to pretty up this pig is needed!
So true. Van Dijk, while he hasn't been able been playing like a Superman, has still been pretty good. He hasn't been able to make up for the rest of defense. The other half of the CB pairing has been atrocious.

They really should consider moving Trent to the midfield and get a legit RB in there. He isn't playing well at all, but offensively he is so far up the field because he is the only real creative passer we have on the team.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
So true. Van Dijk, while he hasn't been able been playing like a Superman, has still been pretty good. He hasn't been able to make up for the rest of defense. The other half of the CB pairing has been atrocious.

They really should consider moving Trent to the midfield and get a legit RB in there. He isn't playing well at all, but offensively he is so far up the field because he is the only real creative passer we have on the team.
Yeah, Trent as a defender continues to be abused. I know he's always been on the wing, but perhaps a CDM role in the future could be the best use of his talent? He plays so far up most of the time anyway he's operating as another mid, but his lack of cover or poor defensive rotation have definitely stuck out this season.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Trent as a defender continues to be abused. I know he's always been on the wing, but perhaps a CDM role in the future could be the best use of his talent? He plays so far up most of the time anyway he's operating as another mid, but his lack of cover or poor defensive rotation have definitely stuck out this season.
He gets abused, but at the same time he gets flack (undeserved) for being out of position because he is in the midfield where the team wants him. If we still had Neco Williams, it would be an interesting experiment. Southgate has used Trent in the middle so it isn't out of the question.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely loved the 7-0 thrashing of United. Might have had a bit extra to drink to celebrate. Somehow Liverpool are only 3 points back of Tottenham with a game in hand. Top 4 is there for the taking!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Absolutely loved the 7-0 thrashing of United. Might have had a bit extra to drink to celebrate. Somehow Liverpool are only 3 points back of Tottenham with a game in hand. Top 4 is there for the taking!
Anything less than top 4 at this would be a huge disappointment. Top 4 puts us in the drivers seat for Bellingham, and that's the most important factor right now.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything less than top 4 at this would be a huge disappointment. Top 4 puts us in the drivers seat for Bellingham, and that's the most important factor right now.
As long as there isn't a major injury or two in the front line, we should make it. Bacjetic has been a revelation though. He is making us forget all about Thiago. (even though they aren't the same player) A midfield of Fabinho, Bellingham and Bacjetic is pretty darn good.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
As long as there isn't a major injury or two in the front line, we should make it. Bacjetic has been a revelation though. He is making us forget all about Thiago. (even though they aren't the same player) A midfield of Fabinho, Bellingham and Bacjetic is pretty darn good.
Hopefully they have a Fab replacement in mind...he's been an incredibly effective destroyer but seems to be off the pace.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they have a Fab replacement in mind...he's been an incredibly effective destroyer but seems to be off the pace.
A little. I think he would be fine for one more year so they aren't spending another 50M on a 6 when they are likely going to need to spend 125 on Bellingham.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
A little. I think he would be fine for one more year so they aren't spending another 50M on a 6 when they are likely going to need to spend 125 on Bellingham.
I'm not sure I'd trade unlimited resources for oil money. Even if most of the ownership groups are mostly nefarious, the oil money turn is so dispiriting.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd trade unlimited resources for oil money. Even if most of the ownership groups are mostly nefarious, the oil money turn is so dispiriting.
I don't want that oil money either. It would probably be the one thing that would keep me away from Liverpool going forward.

Stout

Reaction score
Man City's directly built on oil money. Arsenal is hugely funded by Rwanda of all places. Many of the clubs have skeletons in their closet and get hypocritical when it comes to other teams.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose