Kyler Murray Going Forward Thread

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If this video doesn't get you excited, I don't know what will!
Credit to Kyler--he had a tough job ahead of him, proving to Monti (and the fan base) he had enough to still be considered our future at QB. And he did.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah that was pretty solid. So excited about this offense moving forward which I wasn't really expecting with this new staff.

Oh and I love those Icy White Uniforms!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think it's on Monti now. Kyler showed glimpses of what he can be in Petzing's offense but the team also showed they need a lot more talent to truly be competitive.
Credit to Kyler--he had a tough job ahead of him, proving to Monti (and the fan base) he had enough to still be considered our future at QB. And he did.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

On film his good plays look GREAT! My only problem is there aren't enough of these in total each game to win for the Cards. It's like that dude who makes amazing highlight dunks in the NBA and is on Sports Center highlights each night, but only scores ten points a game. I want more consistency, more moving the chains, and then I will be excited!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think it's on Monti now. Kyler showed glimpses of what he can be in Petzing's offense but the team also showed they need a lot more talent to truly be competitive.
Ehh..

Petzing's offense has to get better as well imo. While I dont want Kingsbury's full offense back there are some things he can do to make the offense more QB/WR friendly.

We looked a bit too much like the Cleveland Browns on offense and Im not 100% sure we'll replicate that running game production.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ehh..

Petzing's offense has to get better as well imo. While I dont want Kingsbury's full offense back there are some things he can do to make the offense more QB/WR friendly.

We looked a bit too much like the Cleveland Browns on offense and Im not 100% sure we'll replicate that running game production.
We don't know how much of the issues were a lack of execution by players.

I know I loved seeing Murray in play action. It looked really natural out there for a guy who hasn't done it much.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler needs to hang around these guys or at least have the person who took this photo take all photos of him. He doesn’t look tiny here.

You must be registered for see images attach

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Probably more important to build a defense
Kinda disagree. We should complete the offense first because it gives us the fastest path to being dominant on one side of the ball.

But I do think we should complete the offense through the draft. Use cap space to strengthen the defense. Then flip the script next year.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ARIZONA -- Plenty of speculation surrounded the Arizona Cardinals heading into 2023, and rightfully so.

The changing of regimes brought in new faces such as GM Monti Ossenfort and HC Jonathan Gannon, which often follows with swift changes from top to bottom.

There were changes - certainly - though all attention was on the future of quarterback Kyler Murray. With a fresh handle in the desert, nobody would have blamed the front office or coaching staff for wanting to get a fresh face in the mix - one they acquired themselves - rather than hitching their wagon to a quarterback coming off a serious knee injury with hefty financial commitments coming down the road.

Yet Ossenfort and Gannon were quite adamant that Murray was their guy, taking any and every opportunity to say just that in front of microphones. Of course, that could just be GM talk, as Cardinals fans remember a similar sentiment about Josh Rosen before Murray arrived himself as the No. 1 overall pick...

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Wow... Just wow. Another Kyler Murray thread SMH... (Excuse the Pun), talk about beating a dead horse. Kyler Murray threads need to be banned ( At least until the season starts ). This subject and player have been discussed way to much. Sadly ! ! ! At this point Kyler Murray threads are just click bait and unfortunately for the Last time ( at least until the coming season starts ) I clicked..

Last edited:

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score
I feel the same. I think that if we can build a decent team around him he can give the team above average results.
I think he cant carry a bad team. If you surround him with a good team he can be well above average. Baker mayfield is a player that can give you slightly above average results with a good team. I think kyler is better than baker.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow... Just wow. Another Kyler Murray thread SMH... (Excuse the Pun), talk about beating a dead horse. Kyler Murray threads need to be banned ( At least until the season starts ). This subject and player have been discussed way to much. Sadly ! ! ! At this point Kyler Murray threads are just click bait and unfortunately for the Last time ( at least until the coming season starts ) I clicked..

My dude you are clicking on something from 6 months ago. This was because he was back from injury so we retired the threads about him while out.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
It's time to focus on offense. Take 2 wrs in round 1; hopefully MHJ and McConkey, take a DT or CB in round 2, then Dillon Johnson as a compliment to Conner at rb in round 3, then IOL with the remaining 2 third round picks. Let's score some points, give Kyler some draft picks to work with, add depth and skill.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's time to focus on offense. Take 2 wrs in round 1; hopefully MHJ and McConkey, take a DT or CB in round 2, then Dillon Johnson as a compliment to Conner at rb in round 3, then IOL with the remaining 2 third round picks. Let's score some points, give Kyler some draft picks to work with, add depth and skill.
Bulldog, I thought of that today as I was driving into work. I just can't see two WR's in that first round. McConkey ironically is one of my favorite prospects along with Roman Wilson, but I do think that they'll be a decent option in the 2nd or 3rd. Maybe I'm counting too much on Wilson and Dortch, IDK.