Jazz @ Suns game thread 10-25-17

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Really? We know that you support continued tanking, but to declare that you don't care about anything else?

How can any endeavor be managed successfully by disregarding all of its aspects?

Just look at how the excitement and interest of the players and fans have changed over the past two games since the purge, with the disappearance of all traces or purposely losing to hopefully luck out in a draft.

I still believe that factors such as enthusiasm and self-respect of a predominantly young roster are paramount.

Pokerface, I do care about everything else. And now, evidently, so do the people running the team. And most of the members of this board. It feels good to not think of ourselves in the same light as the hapless 76ers.
I think you can’t say “hapless sixers” without context. They aren’t bad because they’ve tanked. They’re bad because the guys they drafted are all injured. If Embiid, Simmons, Fultz etc weren’t injured they’d be a pretty good team. Or at least developing into one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I do not trust the current Suns GM with the over all number 1 pick(if we get it.)
No matter what you think of him, the one area that shouldn’t be a criticism of McD is drafting. His drafting has been pretty good.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No matter what you think of him, the one area that shouldn’t be a criticism of McD is drafting. His drafting has been pretty good.
yep. No one drafts 100%, but his percentage is way higher than most. It’s partly because he doesnt care what people think about him. He does not care if people think he is a genius or not. He just drafts whoever he thinks is the best player, even if it’s the same guy everyone else thinks is the best player.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's odd how some people don't give credit to McD's drafting, like Warren and Booker were late picks so he shouldn't get credit for them, and all of his other choices he sort of fell into as well, like Jackson. I actually got into an argument with a "fan" at the game the other day because he said McD should be fired for not choosing Tatum instead of Jackson. That blew my mind because Tatum was off the board at that point but also it seemed to show how selective some fans are in how they feel about the Suns, McD, and Sarver. They find their own narrative and keep pushing it regardless of facts. Being a Suns fans and talking about the team has started feeling like talking politics though, because of how sure some people are of their opinions, facts be damned.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is true.
I know he is not the GM of this team but David Griffin comments about drafting Anthony Bennett #1 overall have me worried. Worried in the the sense that do all GM think like this. I do not know and maybe I am being paranoid for no reason.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is true.
I know he is not the GM of this team but David Griffin comments about drafting Anthony Bennett #1 overall have me worried. Worried in the the sense that do all GM think like this. I do not know and maybe I am being paranoid for no reason.
I don’t even understand this post.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is true.
What comments?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard