Jazz @ Suns game thread 10-25-17

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Can anyone really blame him though?

Len looked like a completely different player last night. Rarely have I seen him that aggressive. The same can be said for the entire team.

This! It's hard for the FO to evaluate talent and contracts, when the talent isn't being developed and held accountable.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Can anyone really blame him though?

Len looked like a completely different player last night. Rarely have I seen him that aggressive. The same can be said for the entire team.

This is what a contract year and not being wanted by 29 other NBA teams will do for your aggressive level. If if doesnt sustain it, he might be playing in europe next year. My bet is he will be.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This! It's hard for the FO to evaluate talent and contracts, when the talent isn't being developed and held accountable.
Again, I am McD fan. But that is on him. It was his coach. I was kind of hoping they could sign him for an Alan Williams level deal. But maybe Len's people preferred what they got.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, I am McD fan. But that is on him. It was his coach. I was kind of hoping they could sign him for an Alan Williams level deal. But maybe Len's people preferred what they got.

You kind of wonder if it was his coach after reports are saying that the two of them didn't really gel with each other. Least that is what I remember reading somewhere when Watson was canned.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

Seems like McD and Watson never really saw eye-to-eye.

Makes me wonder if it was entirely his decision to bring Watson back.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha ha. One decent game by lenny and now peeps want to sign him to multi year. We wasted five years on this guys inconsistencies and its time to cut bait. Fools gold. Trade him with Bledsoe. Im sure he'll agree to that.

This. People overreact to much after any player has a good game. If you don't see consistency after a period of time you never will. It is fools gold. That's why AVG in stats exists...you see how a player levels out over time.

I feel like I am having Side Show Bob deja vu. This is EXACTLY how the Suns time and time again get saddled with bad contracts we end up having to pay someone basically to move later.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
At that time, though, did he really deserve an Alan Williams deal? I know 95% of the people on this board had pretty much had it with his inconsistency. And in fact, more than a few were pretty happy the Suns didn't cave and offer him anything more than the qualifying offer. If that was a mistake, so be it, but at the time, I'm not sure it was the wrong thing to do.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At that time, though, did he really deserve an Alan Williams deal? I know 95% of the people on this board had pretty much had it with his inconsistency. And in fact, more than a few were pretty happy the Suns didn't cave and offer him anything more than the qualifying offer. If that was a mistake, so be it, but at the time, I'm not sure it was the wrong thing to do.
I think most of us would have been fine with Len getting a Sauce level deal. Its what I was expecting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Len played ONE GOOD game. Not even a great game. Feel like we should slow our McD blew it roll on Len until he actually puts two games in a row together like this... and that's coming from a McD hater.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Len played ONE GOOD game. Not even a great game. Feel like we should slow our McD blew it roll on Len until he actually puts two games in a row together like this... and that's coming from a McD hater.

It needs to be more than two. We need to see it consistently for a period of time (he will have ups and downs). The last thing this team needs is a bad contract that we will have to bribe someone to take off our hands later.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
This. People overreact to much after any player has a good game. If you don't see consistency after a period of time you never will. It is fools gold. That's why AVG in stats exists...you see how a player levels out over time.

I feel like I am having Side Show Bob deja vu. This is EXACTLY how the Suns time and time again get saddled with bad contracts we end up having to pay someone basically to move later.

Haha. Side Show Bob. I hated that guy too. Along with soft frye.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought he blew it the moment the QO was signed. So this is not reactionary for me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It needs to be more than two. We need to see it consistently for a period of time (he will have ups and downs). The last thing this team needs is a bad contract that we will have to bribe someone to take off our hands later.

I was being sarcastic. He needs a SEASON of actually looking at least solid to warrant another deal.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
If quese can't hit from inside the paint going reverse glass why not try dunking it? Stuff it? Good thing he can pout and complain as soon as he sees it not going in, you know instead of scoring and playing defence.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Len played like that every night we would have already made him a rich man

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If quese can't hit from inside the paint going reverse glass why not try dunking it? Stuff it? Good thing he can pout and complain as soon as he sees it not going in, you know instead of scoring and playing defence.

He's played great the last two games

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I currently put Len in line with Steven Hunter, Danny Schayes and Jake Voskuhl. Have one good year and then end up out of the league after another contract.

I like what he has done in one game, but still not showing he is worthy of a big contract or even a starting role. His pick and role D is horrible, he sags way off the ball and sits in the box. A shooting center is going to light him up.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Somebody coming up for retirement now would have been very well paid to average 40000 per year for 50 years - that's 2 million total. Len will have been paid close to ten times that by the end of this season. I fully expect he will be insulted if the team offers him ten mil per annum then.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I currently put Len in line with Steven Hunter, Danny Schayes and Jake Voskuhl. Have one good year and then end up out of the league after another contract.

I like what he has done in one game, but still not showing he is worthy of a big contract or even a starting role. His pick and role D is horrible, he sags way off the ball and sits in the box. A shooting center is going to light him up.

In short, Len is a backup center. I do think he will have a career as a journeyman center.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing I found kind of interesting about this game is that all highlights and mentions of Bledsoe have been scrubbed from the arena in reference to any banners, advertisements, and video packages shown during the game that you don't see on TV broadcasts. I know they were serious about moving him but I found it odd that he was erased completely already and makes me think he won't return. Shortly after sitting down about 30 minutes before start time, an employee went around to the ushers in 4 sections at the arena to check the programs being handed out. He looked over the backs closely and then left with all of them only to return not long after with new stacks. I had gotten one before hand and got another after I saw that and nothing was changed but Bledsoe was not listed on the Suns roster on it but Knight was.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort