IT Jobs

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I know some of you in Arizona (Phoenix area) are in the IT field. I was just curious if any of you know of any programming positions that might be open anywhere or where you work at.

Our entire IT deptartment was taken into a meeting at 11:30 this AM and laid off due to "Reduction in Force and Restructering", so I'm out of work.

I've been primarily doing Web based applications and desktop apps.

Appreciate any news/tips - thanks,

Shawn

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks.

No IT jobs where I work, but I do have a square piece of cardboard and a black Sharpie marker just in case you need to make a "Will Work For Food" sign. :D

OP
OP
FischerKing

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
That sucks.

No IT jobs where I work, but I do have a square piece of cardboard and a black Sharpie marker just in case you need to make a "Will Work For Food" sign. :D

Hey - you got mattress over there in that place you work? I could sleep for a living just like you. As a matter of fact - I bet I could sleep my way right to the top! :D

Shawn

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shawn - sorry to hear about your job loss - that really bites.
No IT openings currently at my company - in AZ or anywhere.

Are they outsourcing the jobs overseas?

OP
OP
FischerKing

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dback Jon
Shawn - sorry to hear about your job loss - that really bites.
No IT openings currently at my company - in AZ or anywhere.

Are they outsourcing the jobs overseas?

No, it looks like what's happening is that division of the parent company is totally going away because it's taken a nose-dive.

A few weeks ago they had laid off about 1/3 of the employees for that division. The next day they came to the IT staff and said - don't worry about nothing, you guys are golden.

Then they call our department into a conference room for a meeting on Monday morning and tell us - "see ya later".

I think I've floated about 30 resumes in the past two days - just been super busy doing that.

Shawn

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing
No, it looks like what's happening is that division of the parent company is totally going away because it's taken a nose-dive.

A few weeks ago they had laid off about 1/3 of the employees for that division. The next day they came to the IT staff and said - don't worry about nothing, you guys are golden.

Then they call our department into a conference room for a meeting on Monday morning and tell us - "see ya later".

I think I've floated about 30 resumes in the past two days - just been super busy doing that.

Shawn

Any nibbles?

OP
OP
FischerKing

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any nibbles?

Not yet - that typically takes about 3-5 days or so.

Must be patient. This is the third company that I've been with that has done mass layoffs, so in someways I'm getting use to the "flood with resumes and sit back and wait". Probably Monday I'll start going through follow-up calls.

Shawn

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing

This is the third company that I've been with that has done mass layoffs,

If I was an IT guy, I don't know if I would want someone with that kind of luck hired :D.......

Seriously, though - good luck - I am sure that you will find something soon!

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was an IT guy, I don't know if I would want someone with that kind of luck hired :D.......

Seriously, though - good luck - I am sure that you will find something soon!

If he addresses the cover letters correctly :D

Mike

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
my neighbor works for voltar communications..they do all the work for grocery stores..he gets paid pretty well..but the thing is he gets at least 20+ hours of ot a week..there allways looking for some kind of computer work..they put all the telephones wires in all the big store..what not good about his he travels alot in arizona..he told me that if they do a job lets say in douglas az..they get paid for their driving around..is name is dan lincoln..like the president...if you want just email me and i will get some info for you... VOLTAR COMMUNICATIONS INC - PO BOX 27824 TEMPE, AZ 85285-7824 Lic. # ROC N/A. ...

OP
OP
FischerKing

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by BIGTONY
my neighbor works for voltar communications..they do all the work for grocery stores..he gets paid pretty well..but the thing is he gets at least 20+ hours of ot a week..there allways looking for some kind of computer work..they put all the telephones wires in all the big store..what not good about his he travels alot in arizona..he told me that if they do a job lets say in douglas az..they get paid for their driving around..is name is dan lincoln..like the president...if you want just email me and i will get some info for you... VOLTAR COMMUNICATIONS INC - PO BOX 27824 TEMPE, AZ 85285-7824 Lic. # ROC N/A. ...

Thanks for the offer, however that sounds more hardware/networking related to me and I'm a code monkey. So it may not be a match. I'll do some checking on that company via the internet and if they have something that I might be qualified for I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Shawn