In dog years, Denny is 14 years away

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He missed two years of the NFL.

That's a huge gap, especially for sombody that can't adapt to the modern day NFL.

What worked back in the day for Denny is basically useless today.

He's lost this team.

OP
OP
V

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Sorry, D-Dogg.

But when I say that what I mean is that he did have 95% of the fans on board when he started. And a large following has serious doubts about him now.

He had about 25% of the "NFL knowledgeable media" when he started and maybe now only has 5% of them. The local media despises him and maybe rightly so. Not because the media members consider themselves better/smarter/ greater than Denny. But just because they expect some mutual respect for the job and knowledge that they've attained over their own personal careers. Denny disrepsects that completley. In other words, he's lost the people that get the word out to the fans. That's a huge sign of losing a team.

He's had some very respected players who've gone on to say that Denny Green is not a coach that the players like. They fear him, they lsiten to him. But they don't respect him, and if they don't win for him ...big deal. If they do win with him he'll take all the credit. That's the biggest sign that he's lost the team.

A silent management, biting their collective tongues this year. Probably the biggest sign that Dennis Green is on the Evelyn Wood/Buddy RYan fast track speed reading system to losing this team.

If you listen closely to his early press conference when he said " We'll be 10-6 and in the play-offs this year" what you'll really hear is a retranslated version of "You've got a winner in town".

You just have to play the record backwards at 33rpms

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:
Sorry, D-Dogg.

But when I say that what I mean is that he did have 95% of the fans on board when he started. And a large following has serious doubts about him now.

He had about 25% of the "NFL knowledgeable media" when he started and maybe now only has 5% of them. The local media despises him and maybe rightly so. Not because the media members consider themselves better/smarter/ greater than Denny. But just because they expect some mutual respect for the job and knowledge that they've attained over their own personal careers. Denny disrepsects that completley. In other words, he's lost the people that get the word out to the fans. That's a huge sign of losing a team.

He's had some very respected players who've gone on to say that Denny Green is not a coach that the players like. They fear him, they lsiten to him. But they don't respect him, and if they don't win for him ...big deal. If they do win with him he'll take all the credit. That's the biggest sign that he's lost the team.

A silent management, biting their collective tongues this year. Probably the biggest sign that Dennis Green is on the Evelyn Wood/Buddy RYan fast track speed reading system to losing this team.

If you listen closely to his early press conference when he said " We'll be 10-6 and in the play-offs this year" what you'll really hear is a retranslated version of "You've got a winner in town".

You just have to play the record backwards at 33rpms

Sheeesh and people say I hate DG.

:D

Well I don't like parts of DG but there are excuses for most of what he has done.

The playoff talk wasn't all hot air I think he felt he could do it. He could of done it if he'd have taken Roy Williams and not Fitz had no injuries occured to Boldin or Roy.

Big Ben would have been better long term than Roy Williams but DG has done good things too, making friends with the media isn't that important to most on here.

I personally don't like the way he does things. Not because he dosen't deserve some leway he does but because he let's his own insecurities dictate some stupid Denny moments.

I wanted Jim Johnson because a quiet guy who wins over players with his superior knowledge not a lot of hot air would have fit this team better.

He wouldn't have predicted playoffs but he would have made our defense better. What he would have done on offense, geez I don't know and I don't even know that his record would have been better because of that but I do know I would have liked the team more.

DG is his own worst enemy.

He could mellow out some and still maintain his don't mess with me persona and be better off for it.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Anybody on this board remember last year? And the year before? And the year before?

Come on. Denny has made some strange decisions and cuts but he's in the first year taking over a horrible, horrible team. The defense has played much improved ball this season and next year I believe Denny will get the offense some help. Play calling is atrocious and I believe we'll have a new OC next season as well.

As I've said before, I expected 5 wins this season mostly BECAUSE Denny chose to stay with McCown. AND, once Shipp went down, I thought they'd be lucky to win even 5. So, whatever else happens, this team is performing about what I expected.

Don't look for this to be a real good team until Denny's third season. THAT'S when I expect them to be pretty darn good.

Keep the faith and quit this crying, calling people out and calling people names after every loss. Please. It's not healthy :)

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:
He missed two years of the NFL.

That's a huge gap, especially for sombody that can't adapt to the modern day NFL.

What worked back in the day for Denny is basically useless today.

He's lost this team.

I could not agree with you more. He is out of touch and is digging us a hole for us that will take another 3 years to dig out of, if ever. I no longer buy into the Denny Green crap. He is the Captain of this Titanic and responsible when it finally sinks to the bottom. The ship is about broke in half at this point and the results for this year are there for all to see. Forget blaiming the QB's or the RB's. Look at the leader or non leader of this organization for that is where th blame lies. Who cares to guess who he will fire next week or who will give us the best chance of winning at QB. Other teams go out and get QB's at mid season. We fire coaches at midseason.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
TRW said:
Anybody on this board remember last year? And the year before? And the year before?

Come on. Denny has made some strange decisions and cuts but he's in the first year taking over a horrible, horrible team. The defense has played much improved ball this season and next year I believe Denny will get the offense some help. Play calling is atrocious and I believe we'll have a new OC next season as well.

As I've said before, I expected 5 wins this season mostly BECAUSE Denny chose to stay with McCown. AND, once Shipp went down, I thought they'd be lucky to win even 5. So, whatever else happens, this team is performing about what I expected.

Don't look for this to be a real good team until Denny's third season. THAT'S when I expect them to be pretty darn good.

Keep the faith and quit this crying, calling people out and calling people names after every loss. Please. It's not healthy :)

I keep reading how much better we are this year than last year. I do not agree. I do not like the direction this team is going in and I see nothing that says we will be better next year. Just because Denny says it does not make it so. He said McCowon was the man, we would go the playoffs, and a lot of other nonsense that even us ill informed internet fools should understand. Alas, Denny we are begining to understand. I would think Graves and the Bidwills are begining to understand. With his ego he might just up and quit next year as he does not take lightly to criticism. What a disappointment this guy has been to me. I really believed in all they hype when he came on board. There must have been some reason other teams did not hire him.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
I guess I don't get it. I could care less about his ego. I could care less about his offense. We honestly have one of the worst, if not the worst rosters in the NFL after last year. There is a severe lack of talent on this team. Denny didn't lose this team. THE LACK OF AN OFFENSE HAS. And the lack of an offense is not because Big Ben, Roy Williams or anybody else is not here. We lack 2-3 O-Lineman, a TE, burner at WR, a RB (sorry, Emmitt has been apleasant surprise, but is still subpar), and a starting QB on tghat side of the ball. The defense is worn down and can't carry this team. When he has talent, I'll knock Denny. But, to use the analogy, when you are the Titanic captain, there isn't enough tape and bubble gum on the earth to plug those holes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:
Sorry, D-Dogg.

you lost me right there. Most of this board thought everyone was pegging us unfairly as being an abomination coming up on last season. There were cries of "no one's gonna see Sullivan's innovative new offense" and "Gilmore's gonna be running past defenders" and "BJ is gonna be awesome" and - GASP - this one was my favorite "other than Priest Holmes, there's no other running back in the legaue I'd want over Marcel Shipp." And what happened? WE WERE AN ABOMINATION LAST SEASON.

Honestly - if most of the people on the board have a problem with what's going on - I'm happy cause it's likely to actually be something good.

Anyone who expected Dennis Green to come in here and raise a ship that has been SUNK for 50 YEARS didn't want a head coach - they wanted Jesus. Have some patience people - good lord(it seems like I'm writing that phrase a lot around here lately).

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I agree Cheese and Chris. This is not a playoff team. Never was this year. We lack talent and have so much dead cap space because we have guys who aren't getting the job done. 5 or 6 wins tops. And that would be an improvement over last years mess!

Right now what is happening on the board is the 'storm' after the loss. Where everyone comes on very intense and posts the usual; we are the worst team in football, Green is doing everything wrong, we should of drafted a QB etc etc. In a couple of days it will blow over and everyone will start to look to the next game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard