If Keim gets fired this season, who would you want as GM?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It would likely be Adrian Wilson.

The longer I've been a fan, the more I understand that I don't know what's going on behind the scenes and I don't get enough information on front offices. Krang will likely come in and say that we should pull from the Philly tree, but that's where the Colts got Ryan Grigson, and how'd that work out for them?

It's impossible to know from the outside how this stuff is going to work out. It's more than a scouting position.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I have no idea, someone from an organization with recent draft success and less free agent "mistakes". Our dead cap space is as mind boggling as our lack of success in the draft.

If they make an internal hire (Adrian Wilson) I certainly wouldn't be excited about that.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score

The longer I've been a fan, the more I understand that I don't know what's going on behind the scenes and I don't get enough information on front offices. Krang will likely come in and say that we should pull from the Philly tree, but that's where the Colts got Ryan Grigson, and how'd that work out for them?

It's impossible to know from the outside how this stuff is going to work out. It's more than a scouting position.

One of my favorite players but man I’d have a hard time getting excited about a guy who was groomed by Keim and others in the organization.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I wouldn't want another scout internally elevated.

My personal opinion is to do a moneyball/analytical type evaluation.

Philly, Sure.
Indy's new group, sure.
KC? Maybe.

Give me the John Dorsey tree without the contempt for the character portion of a players evaluation.

Or maybe that guy Houston wanted from NE. He seems super popular and is looking for a choice gig.

I'm also fond of stealing from the front offices of the Seahawks or Rams.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that when Keim goes, the job goes to A-dub and I don't know how to feel about that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea, someone from an organization with recent draft success and less free agent "mistakes". Our dead cap space is as mind boggling as our lack of success in the draft.

If they make an internal hire (Adrian Wilson) I certainly wouldn't be excited about that.

agreed.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
First off, I agree with Kerouac that we never really know who would be a good candidate. There is simply to many unknowns. That said, I do think there is some interesting names.

My money would be on the Cards’ current Senior Personnel Executive, Terry McDonough. Not that I would want him.

Eliot Wolf moved into the Browns’ front office with John Dorsey, and before that he was with the Packers. He has long been considered a prime candidate as a future general manager, but has not gotten the chance yet. He is still in his 30’s, though, so it’s not like he is about to burn out. He is the son of Ron Wolf who basically build the successful Packers teams with Brett Favre.

Will McClay is sort of the general manager behind Jerry Jones (and maybe Stephen Jones) in Dallas. McClay runs their draft room, and he is an integral part of any player transaction they make. He has a background in analytics. McClay is the type of person that Jerry Jones will go a very long way to keep, so he would surely offer him a big contract and hope he would rather have that then a promotion. It is only a matter of if McClay wants to leave, because he would most likely have manner offers.

Ed Dodds is the right-man to general manager Chris Ballard in Indianapolis. Ballard poached him from Seattle. Many in the know mention Dodds as maybe the best scout of all in the NFL, or certainly among the best. However, supposedly he doesn’t like the attention and the decision making, so maybe he doesn’t even want to be a general manager.

Mike Borgonzi has work with both John Dorsey and Chris Ballard (and Andy Reid) with the Chiefs. He works hand-in-hand with their current general manager, and in reality, he could easily have gotten the job himself when Dorsey left.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Man I have no idea what the catalyst has been but you and I have been on the same page about a LOT of things from the offseason until now. I was thinking about this on the way to work this morning and had the exact same thought process. I already think AW is 100% being groomed to eventually be GM. I don't see another obvious candidate out there (there is no Mike Hazen up and coming equivalent out there in the NFL that I see).

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Ed Dodds

Assistant GM of the Colts

Putting my money where my mouth is. Colts seem to always draft players I like.

....and out of respect to the originator of this thread, maybe he will hire Jim Caldwell as heach coach too. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree that if Keim is canned they will promote someone from within, most likely Adrian Wilson.

Would that be a good thing, I have no idea.

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
I think next in line is Terry McD or Quentin Harris

Highly doubt we go outside unless the entire front office is going to be replaced.
These were the 2 guys I was going to say...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree with most about Adrian Wilson. One benefit would be that I feel like he has the ability to identify with players and their mindsets which I don't know there are many GMs that can be said for. It is a double edge sword, but as the NFL gives more money and power to players, having someone who can relate to them is terrible.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
What's the point of firing Keim if you just appoint his two main guys as the new GM? What other teams want them? Have there been articles saying they are being considered for other jobs around the league?

Would be horrible IMO

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wonder where did Ferguson come from? He was here before my interest in football (Im showing my age...)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn