Gameday thread Seahawks at Cardinals 11-9-17

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Drew is erratic as hell so the receivers can not afford to miss the opportunities when they do come. They missed too many tonight.

Drew still sucks.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Drew is erratic as hell so the receivers can not afford to miss the opportunities when they do come. They missed too many tonight.

Drew still sucks.

5 that hit both hands should have gave us this game. Ok, IMO but fact.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've wanted DS cut for years but the last 2 games I honestly don't see a huge deficit in his 2 starts compared to CP most of the year. Typically DS plays much worse.

Bad coaching is par for the course and our receivers have stone hands more often than not.

I wrote this year off before CP got hurt so I'm not frustrated except for the fact our coach refuses to try to improve this team as he has done for years now.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I've wanted DS cut for years but the last 2 games I honestly don't see a huge deficit in his 2 starts compared to CP most of the year. Typically DS plays much worse.

Bad coaching is par for the course and our receivers have stone hands more often than not.

I wrote this year off before CP got hurt so I'm not frustrated except for the fact our coach refuses to try to improve this team as he has done for years now.

Hey, at least they finally differed and kicked at the start of the game. :)

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Hey, at least they finally differed and kicked at the start of the game. :)

Might have worked out great had Peterson not fumbled on the very first play from scrimmage inside Seahawks territory

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
This whole game came down to one play: Williams falling on his ass on 3rd and forever allowing Baldwin to get to the 2 yard line. Otherwise, even with the catch, it's 4th down.

so, we are playing what ifs ? What if Seattle did not commit 4 fouls in a row giving us 4 first downs in a row (which we certainly weren't going to get without all the penalties), resulting in our 1st TD ? So no TD there, team gets demoralized (well, MORE demoralized) and we lose by much more.

please... we suck... get used to it ... until we no longer have BA, SK, all BA's geriatric posse, all BA's "favorite sons" and try to create an actual team.... we are just NOT going to win

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
so, we are playing what ifs ? What if Seattle did not commit 4 fouls in a row giving us 4 first downs in a row (which we certainly weren't going to get without all the penalties), resulting in our 1st TD ? So no TD there, team gets demoralized (well, MORE demoralized) and we lose by much more.

please... we suck... get used to it ... until we no longer have BA, SK, all BA's geriatric posse, all BA's "favorite sons" and try to create an actual team.... we are just NOT going to win
Sorry but this is a really dumb analogy. Let's be realistic. At the time of the Bethea Nestea plunge, it was still a 5 point game and Seattle was having extreme difficulty moving the ball save for a couple of plays here and there. They had a 2nd and 21 at the time and at worst it should have been 3rd and 21, which they ain't converting because they had 1 play of 20+ yards up to that point or the pass could have been picked off because it was thrown on a wing and a prayer for anyone to catch but instead of being able to make an easy play either with an interception or an incompletion or at the very worst a catch and gain to make it a 3rd and long play but no, he falls on his ass and gives up a 54 yard play which led to the dagger. So it isn't a matter of what ifs. Seattle is one of the most penalized teams in the league and it showed tonight. But this wasn't a string of penalties. It was one freaking play where a guy couldn't keep his feet on the ground.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry but this is a really dumb analogy. Let's be realistic. At the time of the Bethea Nestea plunge, it was still a 5 point game and Seattle was having extreme difficulty moving the ball save for a couple of plays here and there. They had a 2nd and 21 at the time and at worst it should have been 3rd and 21, which they ain't converting because they had 1 play of 20+ yards up to that point or the pass could have been picked off because it was thrown on a wing and a prayer for anyone to catch but instead of being able to make an easy play either with an interception or an incompletion or at the very worst a catch and gain to make it a 3rd and long play but no, he falls on his ass and gives up a 54 yard play which led to the dagger. So it isn't a matter of what ifs. Seattle is one of the most penalized teams in the league and it showed tonight. But this wasn't a string of penalties. It was one freaking play where a guy couldn't keep his feet on the ground.

Right 1 freaking play ... toss the coin... fortune smiles or frowns...
They had 4 STUPID penalties in a row, which dragged us all the way down the field and we score a TD ... and they overcame that .... we could not overcome 1 lucky, fortunate pass ?

What the hell are you arguing ? Stop what if-ing. We suck. Man up, we sucked for years and are back at it. Get realistic.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stanton has been sacked just 1 time through 2 games
This show how palmer immobility is a problem nowdays
With a very good and mobile qb our line would look decent and our running game would benefit a lot

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
5 that hit both hands should have gave us this game. Ok, IMO but fact.

Probably. Kind of why I said they missed too many. But, who really knows if the catches would have won the game? :shrug: No one ever will, your opinion/fact notwithstanding.

And, Drew still sucks.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not for nothing but there is plenty of blame to go around. Was he lights out? No but the 52 drops tonight didn't help either.

I agree it didn't. However, let's not pretend this isn't the same Stanton we have seen before and let's not pretend that any of the other play made him look inconsistent with what we have seen out of him before. He missed a ton of easy wide open passes....like he always does. When the guy goes back to pass it's like betting on black or red at a roulette table in terms of his accuracy.

Also, Seattle played a ton of 1 on 1 and stacked the box on AP because they don't respect Stanton's game. From here on out, if I am any team that plays the Cards with a decent run defense, I stack the box and dare Stanton to win you games.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Steve Keim should do a Jaron Brown deal with S Tyvon Branch. Re-sign him to a one year deal and work hard with him to get him back to form. Branch has earned this (defensive MVP in the 1st half of this season) and it's a good message to the players on the team who are playing well, but get injured.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard