Free Agency Report Card

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
We signed 9 guys during free agency last year. I thought i'd give each guy a grade and Rod Graves an overall grade. I'll go in descending order,best to worst.

Rod Hood(A-), I think he's played very well all year and has been our best DB. I wasn't crazy about the signing but he's been a pleasant surprise.

Wayne Gandy(B+)-This signing was lambasted by almost everyone,myself included. His play has fallen off in the second half but he was our best OL in the first half and has played at a pretty high level througout the year.

Al Johnson(B)-he seems to have brought a steadying influence and veteran leadership to the OL. He's about what most of us expected.

Sean Morey(B)-his grade may be higher if he didn't get from behind by a LB :D. Actually, he's been a very good player on ST's. He's the gunner and has blocked a kick. He's had some drops but he really wasn't brought in here as a WR.

Rodney Bailey (C)-he's filled in solidly when called upon. Nothing great, nothing horrible, a C. Probably his GPA at THE Ohio State University.

Joe Tafoya(C)- same as Bailey

Ralph Brown(C-) If he plays,the secondary is in trouble. The sad thing is he is now playing alot. I don't think he could make many NFL rosters. Definitely showed his weaknesses in the Seattle game.

Ross K.(D)-Why is he on the team? I don't think anyone knows that answer.

Terence Holt(F------),Like i said in another post,he may be the worst player i have ever seen that plays all the time. The Cards could probably have done just as well if they combed the local high schools and picked up one of their FS's. It's not like he's gotten progerssively worse. I remember in pre-season games commenting that he was never on time. At least he's consistent so i removed one of the minusses.

Now to Rod Graves. I give him an overall C+. Hood,Gandy, and Johnson all filled holes and have played pretty well. The other guys were more depth signings and that what they have provided, albeit not always good depth. And then there's Holt. I was tempted to give Graves a D just because anyone who could give Holt a 5 year contract :confused: :doi: is beyond comprehension. Maybe a 5 day contract. If he's not released day 1 of the off season then something is wrong.

AZCardDieHard

Reaction score
Terence Holt(F------),Like i said in another post,he may be the worst player i have ever seen that plays all the time. The Cards could probably have done just as well if they combed the local high schools and picked up one of their FS's. It's not like he's gotten progerssively worse. I remember in pre-season games commenting that he was never on time. At least he's consistent so i removed one of the minusses.

I think Orlando Huff was the worst Cardinal that played all the time.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
We signed 9 guys during free agency last year. I thought i'd give each guy a grade and Rod Graves an overall grade. I'll go in descending order,best to worst.

Rod Hood(A-), I think he's played very well all year and has been our best DB. I wasn't crazy about the signing but he's been a pleasant surprise.

Wayne Gandy(B+)-This signing was lambasted by almost everyone,myself included. His play has fallen off in the second half but he was our best OL in the first half and has played at a pretty high level througout the year.

Al Johnson(B)-he seems to have brought a steadying influence and veteran leadership to the OL. He's about what most of us expected.

Sean Morey(B)-his grade may be higher if he didn't get from behind by a LB :D. Actually, he's been a very good player on ST's. He's the gunner and has blocked a kick. He's had some drops but he really wasn't brought in here as a WR.

Rodney Bailey (C)-he's filled in solidly when called upon. Nothing great, nothing horrible, a C. Probably his GPA at THE Ohio State University.

Joe Tafoya(C)- same as Bailey

Ralph Brown(C-) If he plays,the secondary is in trouble. The sad thing is he is now playing alot. I don't think he could make many NFL rosters. Definitely showed his weaknesses in the Seattle game.

Ross K.(D)-Why is he on the team? I don't think anyone knows that answer.

Now to Rod Graves. I give him an overall C+. Hood,Gandy, and Johnson all filled holes and have played pretty well. The other guys were more depth signings and that what they have provided, albeit not always good depth. And then there's Holt. I was tempted to give Graves a D just because anyone who could give Holt a 5 year contract :confused: :doi: is beyond comprehension. Maybe a 5 day contract. If he's not released day 1 of the off season then something is wrong.

I would agree with all of that except it's Mike Gandy, not Wayne Gandy.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

I think Orlando Huff was the worst Cardinal that played all the time.

Anthony Clement. Without a doubt.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
a little off topic, but good to remember this offseason (in the form of a Jeopardy answer):

A: This team spent the 2007 free agency period doing absolutely nothing. It lost a pro-bowl skill player and didnt sign a single free agent from another team. Fans were up in arms.

Q: Who are the Green Bay Packers, Alex?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
:barf:Wendel Bryant.

Did he ever play all the time? He was so bad he couldn't even get playing time.

Holt is bad but the Cards have had several full time starters even worse than he is. Especially on the offensive and defensive lines.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Did he ever play all the time? He was so bad he couldn't even get playing time.

Holt is bad but the Cards have had several full time starters even worse than he is. Especially on the offensive and defensive lines.

I remember he held out for big bucks and the dropped off the map. I don't think he ever won a starting spot or even got a sack his whole, short, sad, career.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree with the sentiment displayed.

However, Bryant was a draft pick (#12) not a free agent. Hence doesn't fit the topic.

The topic got changed a bit when the comment was made that Holt was the worst player Cbus had ever seen who played all the time.

By the way, Bernard Wilson was picked up as a free agent wasn't he? He gets my vote.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
without a doubt????

He's still starting R-tackle in the NFL.

On the Jets, and he sucks there, too

HORRIBLE. Plus the thread says "Cardinals player".

While he was here, he was the worse. I have never ever ever seen such horrible play in my life. He was the absolute worst.

I'd rather play Jason Starky than Anthony Clement.

Just my opinion.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to think back. Worst big bucks FA acquisition might have been OG Duval Love.

Worst starter in a Cards uniform drafted here in Az? on Offense? Missablocka or that Nebraska center (what was his name?)

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Trying to think back. Worst big bucks FA acquisition might have been OG Duval Love.

Worst starter in a Cards uniform drafted here in Az? on Offense? Missablocka or that Nebraska center (what was his name?)

Aaron Graham?