First round pick. 3 DO WANT & 3 DO NOT WANT.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At the #23 spot, who are 3 players you DO WANT & who are 3 players you DO NOT WANT?

Do Want:

Kenyon Green
Zion Johnson
Garrett Wilson

I think Zion is very possible of being their at 23. A little less with Kenyon & Garrett, but they have been slipping in mocks recently. I would list Jermaine, but I think his hype has skyrocketed after the Senior Bowl. Those are my top 3 that are possible at #23.

Do not want:

Jordan Davis
George Karlaftis
Trevor Penning

I made my thoughts known about Davis & Pennjng in other threads, but I’m very lukewarm on Karlaftis. I don’t think he’s all that athletic & he also has short arms. I think his burst is sub-par. I see him as a slightly high-end role player at best.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is tough because the players I like might not quite be there.

Do want,

Tyler Linderbaum
Jermaine Johnson
Roger McCreary

Do not want,

Same as Dvontel

Jordan Davis
George Karlaftis
Trevor Penning

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As much as I love arguing lol I can't with your picks. Big fan of using our first on an OL. Green and Johnson would be great picks. Edge, WR and DL would be next on my list. J Johnson seemingly more and more unlikely by the day to be there. I loved G Pickens tape prior to his knee injury, but waiting to see how his medicals come back. I would like Burks, Wilson or possible J Williams too.

Davis is a pass for me. Penning looked overmatched at the Senior Bowl.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
At the #23 spot, who are 3 players you DO WANT & who are 3 players you DO NOT WANT?

Do Want:

Kenyon Green
Zion Johnson
Garrett Wilson

I think Zion is very possible of being their at 23. A little less with Kenyon & Garrett, but they have been slipping in mocks recently. I would list Jermaine, but I think his hype has skyrocketed after the Senior Bowl. Those are my top 3 that are possible at #23.

Do not want:

Jordan Davis
George Karlaftis
Trevor Penning

I made my thoughts known about Davis & Pennjng in other threads, but I’m very lukewarm on Karlaftis. I don’t think he’s all that athletic & he also has short arms. I think his burst is sub-par. I see him as a slightly high-end role player at best.
I like zion too...was actually hoping to be able to trade up in the second and get him...but 23 might be necessary....
But what if Chris Olave is there too?
Hard choice.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do Want:
WR Drake London
DE Jermaine Johnson
WR Treylon Burks

Do Not:
DT Jordan Davis
C Tyler Linderbaum
WR Jamseon Williams

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As much as I love arguing lol I can't with your picks. Big fan of using our first on an OL. Green and Johnson would be great picks. Edge, WR and DL would be next on my list. J Johnson seemingly more and more unlikely by the day to be there. I loved G Pickens tape prior to his knee injury, but waiting to see how his medicals come back. I would like Burks, Wilson or possible J Williams too.

Davis is a pass for me. Penning looked overmatched at the Senior Bowl.

I really like Pickens too. I think he might be better than some of the names being touted in high round 1.

I really think Justyn Ross is massively under rated too. Didn't do much last year in a bad Clemson offense but had 1000 yards a s a Freshman.

Likely both are there in the 2nd. In fact there are going to be quite a few very good receivers available when we pick in the 2nd. But we won't pick them, we will pick the bad one.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on Drake London? Love his size and production, but i don't see elite burst or long speed. I don't think he's a first round guy for me. I know many project him as a top 15 pick. I just don't see him as anything more than a possession WR. More of a Day 2 guy for me.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want a gm who can atleast get back 2 back good picks

Doubt this draft will be any different than cards previous meh ones unless a blockbuster trade cough 1 cough...... :( occurs

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So tough to do this prior to free agency, but I will give it a go.

I really like Kenyon Green. He play play either OG spot and be an emergency OT. I love his physicality in setting the front of the pocket and he is a good enough athlete to win one on one. I also like both Linderbaum and Zion Johnson but think their value is more at C and than OG and we just paid Rodney Hudson.

As much as I like the polish of Garrett Wilson, I like the explosiveness of Treylon Burks more. We need more imposing players in the pass game and Burks is that. Size, speed and power that I feel we lack.

Jermaine Johnson is really good and probably gone. I will settle for David Ojabo with his burst and bend. Scheme versatile IMO and might still be on the board.

###

It has been said before and I believe it. Use 1st rounders on premium positions that play a ton of snaps. I like Jordan Davis, but I don't know that he is going to be playing a ton of snaps. If you think he is Akiem Hicks and plan to play him 80% of snaps, I get it. I just don't think he is that guy and so I would stay away.

Karlaftis is not a guy I like for our scheme. I feel like we have what he brings already in Zach Allen.

Jahan Dotson. No. I don't need more undersized on this offense regardless of how fast he is.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like Pickens too. I think he might be better than some of the names being touted in high round 1.

I really think Justyn Ross is massively under rated too. Didn't do much last year in a bad Clemson offense but had 1000 yards a s a Freshman.

Likely both are there in the 2nd. In fact there are going to be quite a few very good receivers available when we pick in the 2nd. But we won't pick them, we will pick the bad one.

I love Pickens but apparently his knee was worse than people realize like he's going to get medically flagged for it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on Drake London? Love his size and production, but i don't see elite burst or long speed. I don't think he's a first round guy for me. I know many project him as a top 15 pick. I just don't see him as anything more than a possession WR. More of a Day 2 guy for me.

Love him. He has great upside only been a fulltime football player one year after he quit basketball. High points the ball, great after the catch, very physical. Doesn't have great speed, the knocks are does he get enough separation and had some drops but he was uncoverable last year at USC before he got hurt.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don’t get this.

Zion never played C in college. He only did at the Senior Bowl.
Not many 6'2 starting OGs in the NFL. I know he has longer arms for that size, but he is still an outlier as an OG only. At C his size is less of an issue and it provides him with positional versatility that I would want out of a 1st round interior lineman.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not many 6'2 starting OGs in the NFL. I know he has longer arms for that size, but he is still an outlier as an OG only. At C his size is less of an issue and it provides him with positional versatility that I would want out of a 1st round interior lineman.
I could’ve sworn Zion measured at the higher side of 6’3 at Mobile.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely will change based on free agency. For example, if Ertz leaves then I would throw TE and Jalen Wydermeyer into my top three choices.

Top three:

1. Kenyon Green
2. Treylon Burks
3. Jordan Davis

Do not want:

1. Jermaine Johnson
2. Jameson Williams
3. Drake London

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My top 3 are Jermaine Johnson, Roger McCreary, and Treylon Burks.

I think all 3 of those guys start for us.

I think we can get starting guards in rounds 2 and 3.