DCEU: Wonder Woman

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw it today and enjoyed it. I didn't think it was handsprings good. I saw the swerve coming a mile away and I knew the main antagonist was the McGuffin. And I am not afraid to admit that I was wrong about Gal Gadot. I didn't think she had 'it' to be Wonder Woman and I'm wonderfully wrong. The only knock on her is that her boobs are much to small for the role but then again I'm as deep as a hubcap so there's that. Danny Huston did what he does best and that's play a villain to the T. He was basically a German version of his Striker role in Wolverine. But there were 2 actors who were scene stealers. 1 was Said Taghmaoui as Sami. The other was Ewan Bremner as Charlie. Also, a nod to Elena Anaya as Dr. 'Poison' Maru who gave a kind of beauty to an ugly character(both in soul and appearance). I'm a bit curious what they're going to do with the Steve Trevor character for the next movie. And I'm looking forward to JL now.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean. Dark Knight is DC (it is Batman, after all). Warner Bros just happens to be the studio bankrolling it, like Disney is the studio for Marvel.

TDK was listed online as Warner Bros

but

Wonder Woman was listed as DC Films

I wasn't sure if they were the same or different production companies.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I saw it today and enjoyed it. I didn't think it was handsprings good. I saw the swerve coming a mile away and I knew the main antagonist was the McGuffin. And I am not afraid to admit that I was wrong about Gal Gadot. I didn't think she had 'it' to be Wonder Woman and I'm wonderfully wrong. The only knock on her is that her boobs are much to small for the role but then again I'm as deep as a hubcap so there's that. Danny Huston did what he does best and that's play a villain to the T. He was basically a German version of his Striker role in Wolverine. But there were 2 actors who were scene stealers. 1 was Said Taghmaoui as Sami. The other was Ewan Bremner as Charlie. Also, a nod to Elena Anaya as Dr. 'Poison' Maru who gave a kind of beauty to an ugly character(both in soul and appearance). I'm a bit curious what they're going to do with the Steve Trevor character for the next movie. And I'm looking forward to JL now.

technically Steve Trevor should be dead for all future films

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
TDK was listed online as Warner Bros

but

Wonder Woman was listed as DC Films

I wasn't sure if they were the same or different production companies.
Just like Marvel. Warner Bros acquired DC, so they are all within the Time Warner banner, just like Disney acquired Marvel, so everything is under the Disney banner on that side (same with Lucasfilm/Star Wars).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just like Marvel. Warner Bros acquired DC, so they are all within the Time Warner banner, just like Disney acquired Marvel, so everything is under the Disney banner on that side (same with Lucasfilm/Star Wars).
Pretty crazy when you consider Mickey Mouse conquered all those super heroes and Darth Vader AND Luke skywalker!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was the best Superhero movie since Winter Soldier... and screw Bats and Supes, if DC was smart, their universe will revolve around Wonder Woman moving forward, the same way Marvel started off with Iron Man, who eventually passed the torch to Cap.

It's just a throwback to the All-American joy ride of summer popcorn past. Sure, i saw the twist coming from a mile away (and the reveal was pretty clunky), but Gadot was FREAKING NAILS as Diana, Pine was great as her co-star, it was funny, action-packed, exciting and emotional. Throw in her theme already established in Dawn Of Justice and it just knocked it out of the park. Going to see it again this weekend with my little brother.

And my lord... Gadot is just breathtakingly beautiful.

Oh, and make Patti Jenkins the Godmother of the DC universe. She GETS what a comic book movie needs to be. This could have been terrible and I'm betting it's THE movie of the summer.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't argue with that Cheese.

you know what also made this comic book movie GREAT... IT WAS A MOVIE. Outside of the pro and epilogues (which were really unnecessary), this movie wasn't a set-up in any way shape or form for something else. It was a contained storyline that could just focus on what was important... THE STORY!

Such a breath of fresh air I will always put TDK as the standard bearer for comic book movies, but this felt like the first Spiderman and Iron Man where the movies were just that... movies almost exclusively about them.

Can't wait to see it again... I was super distracted during the entire Amazon opening of the movie because of something else going on in my life, but once I was able to put that out of my head, I was all in for the rest of it. Now, I'll get to see the picture as a hole. Stoked.

Can't say enough about the writers, director, Gadot or Pine. They all brought their A game.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you know what also made this comic book movie GREAT... IT WAS A MOVIE. Outside of the pro and epilogues (which were really unnecessary), this movie wasn't a set-up in any way shape or form for something else. It was a contained storyline that could just focus on what was important... THE STORY!

Such a breath of fresh air I will always put TDK as the standard bearer for comic book movies, but this felt like the first Spiderman and Iron Man where the movies were just that... movies almost exclusively about them.

Can't wait to see it again... I was super distracted during the entire Amazon opening of the movie because of something else going on in my life, but once I was able to put that out of my head, I was all in for the rest of it. Now, I'll get to see the picture as a hole. Stoked.

Can't say enough about the writers, director, Gadot or Pine. They all brought their A game.
It wasn't perfect but it was enjoyable. After Suicide Squad, which they dropped the ball on, this was a good comeback.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gal Gadot was the perfect WW. I did say perfect. Who gives a flying invisible jet about her boobs?!? She is drop dead gorgeous.

Reaction score

I hope things get better for you cheese & things work out for the best.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
‘Wonder Woman’ Is The Highest Grossing Live-Action Film Directed By A Female
That’s what you call girl power .
UPDATE (6/25): “Wonder Woman” is now officially the highest grossing live-action film directed by a woman. So far, it has earned an estimated $652.9 million worldwide, surpassing Phyllida Lloyd’s “Mamma Mia!,” which totaled $609.8 million.

PREVIOUSLY:

“Wonder Woman” is about to break yet another awesome record for women in Hollywood.

This week, the Patty Jenkins–directed film not only crossed the $600 million threshold, but it will also surpass Phyllida Lloyd’s 2008 “Mamma Mia!” to become the highest grossing live-action film directed by a woman, The Hollywood Reporter first noted. “Wonder Woman” hit $609.5 million for its global sum ― $293.2 million domestic and $316.3 million international ― through Thursday, and will officially break the record sometime Friday, Warner Bros. said in a statement to HuffPost. “Mamma Mia!” earned $609.8 million worldwide.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...0e5e4b0da2c731b21dd?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I couldn't wait for the new WW to come out. But as of today I have not seen it. Maybe it has something to do with my crush on Lynda Carter back in the day. When I met my wife I thought she resembled Lynda (she is Linda) but never thought much of it. I'm happy to see the great comments and maybe I will break down and go see it soon.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't wait for the new WW to come out. But as of today I have not seen it. Maybe it has something to do with my crush on Lynda Carter back in the day. When I met my wife I thought she resembled Lynda (she is Linda) but never thought much of it. I'm happy to see the great comments and maybe I will break down and go see it soon.

Native, you gotta go see it. It's the movie event of the summer. I too will always have Lynda Carter in my heart, but Gadot IS Wonder Woman now.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Native, you gotta go see it. It's the movie event of the summer. I too will always have Lynda Carter in my heart, but Gadot IS Wonder Woman now.

Remember how close we came to Megan Fox being Wonder Woman???

Sometimes things just work out right.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is one of those things I never doubted. Never. So glad I was right about Gadot.

Like I previously had posted - people have concerns over this film...casting, etc...but Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman is NOT one of my concerns at all.

She is the perfect person to play a beautiful female warrior. She was a beauty queen and a soldier and is a decent actress. She'll be fine, IMHO.

:self:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
This is one of those things I never doubted. Never. So glad I was right about Gadot.

:self:
Brian, I am questioning Gadot as WW. Just trying to move on from my crazy crush for Lynda. Gadot looks great in the roll... but, you know.