DCU: Blue Beetle

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
IDK that Superman was necessarily the issue with Black Adam flopping.
No, that's not what I meant. Black Adam was a flop, period, that just happened to have a Supes cameo at the end of it. Having a Supes cameo at the end of the next big DC movie after it just happened in a crappy movie wouldn't be a great idea, IMO.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope this is good. It's not going to be a good look if this sucks and is launching the Gunniverse.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I hope this is good. It's not going to be a good look if this sucks and is launching the Gunniverse.
It's looking like it's not going to be a good start to the Gunniverse. The box office projections have it at only $12-17m for its first week. I was shocked when I saw it that low. I was thinking it wouldn't do great but more like $35-45m not great. If that forecast holds than things could be ugly in DC land.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's looking like it's not going to be a good start to the Gunniverse. The box office projections have it at only $12-17m for its first week. I was shocked when I saw it that low. I was thinking it wouldn't do great but more like $35-45m not great. If that forecast holds than things could be ugly in DC land.
35-45 for a starless superhero that the general public’s never heard of? I woulda pegged it at 15 tops and will be surprised if it gets that much.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For DC's sake they better hope this is another one of those wrong projections.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh geeze, are they shooting for a Deadpool here?
feel like it's more shooting for Holland's Spiderman, trying to play up the teenage angle.

Whatever the intention is, this sucker's DOA either way.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
feel like it's more shooting for Holland's Spiderman, trying to play up the teenage angle.

Whatever the intention is, this sucker's DOA either way.

I really like the main actor from Cobra Kai so there is potential there. Again though I would just watch this on Max

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like him too, but he ain’t a movie star.
I am going to reserve judgment. I have seen people from TV I didn't think could make the jump before and I was wrong. It's hard to tell until you give them better material to work with. Let's face it, his TV show is purposely written the way it is for ultra camp and nostalgia.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless you're a huge comic book junkie... has anyone even heard of this character?

I get that Marvel brought out some wild stuff, I'd never heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy, but their movie came in the wave of one smash hit after another with established stars and mainstream characters leading the way.

Having a no name actor, playing a no name character be the tent pole of a new ambitious story seems ripe for failure.

Maybe it will be a great movie and word of mouth will lead to a great long term haul, but it's opening weekend is going to be a disaster.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Unless you're a huge comic book junkie... has anyone even heard of this character?

I get that Marvel brought out some wild stuff, I'd never heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy, but their movie came in the wave of one smash hit after another with established stars and mainstream characters leading the way.

Having a no name actor, playing a no name character be the tent pole of a new ambitious story seems ripe for failure.

Maybe it will be a great movie and word of mouth will lead to a great long term haul, but it's opening weekend is going to be a disaster.
I’m not sure I’d call him no-name. Cobra Kai’s multiple seasons has been watched by a ton of viewers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty damn good RT score, sitting at 84% after 73 reviews.

I am super curious how this movie does. A month ago I thought it would be lucky to open at 10-15 million. Now tracking says it might be high 20's/possibly low 30's. I've got no clue which way it falls.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
pretty damn good RT score, sitting at 84% after 73 reviews.

I am super curious how this movie does. A month ago I thought it would be lucky to open at 10-15 million. Now tracking says it might be high 20's/possibly low 30's. I've got no clue which way it falls.
If it gets low 30s, that would be a fantastic opening for this movie.