DCEU: Wonder Woman

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It crossed my mind that perhaps all the whacko dream sequences hinting at future villains and such....were the directors attempt to put his mark on the entire franchise....just in case he gets axed from the project due to poor directing....ie...he has now established what darkseids minions look like in the DCCU
After watching this a 2nd time on the extended version, to me they're more along the lines of visions than dreams. In the DC universe, the parademons are very real and at this point and time Bruce wouldn't know about them yet. And since Steppenwolf was in the deleted scene with the mother boxes it's obvious who the first JL villain is going to be.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything I'm hearing about this is that it's more of the D.C. same, sadly.

I'll expect a trainwreck and be pleasantly surprised by anything better.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My former co-workers that are still at Warner Bros. told me last weekend that there is virtually no buzz about this movie at the studio. A bit strange, but probably a good indicator of how the DC movie franchise is going.

Warner's does hire great trailer editors though!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Everything I'm hearing about this is that it's more of the D.C. same, sadly.

I'll expect a trainwreck and be pleasantly surprised by anything better.

Ack!

My former co-workers that are still at Warner Bros. told me last weekend that there is virtually no buzz about this movie at the studio. A bit strange, but probably a good indicator of how the DC movie franchise is going.

Warner's does hire great trailer editors though!

You guys are killing me!

Mainly based on the trailers, Chap, and my friend talking me into it, I've gotten a bit excited about this one, hoping beyond hope that DC gets it finally. That excitement's flagging fast, now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ack!

You guys are killing me!

Mainly based on the trailers, Chap, and my friend talking me into it, I've gotten a bit excited about this one, hoping beyond hope that DC gets it finally. That excitement's flagging fast, now.
Same and same.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I liked the trailer, but Linda Carter will always be Wonder Woman to me!

You must be registered for see images attach

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked the trailer, but Linda Carter will always be Wonder Woman to me!

I just had a flashback to those Battle of the Network Stars shows in the 70's. I loved that show. :notworthy:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I had concerns going into this: it's DC; DC's unwillingness to do funny/always dark presentation; tropes of the male hero the key to keeping the heroine alive; DC making this "Captain America, starring Wonder Woman." I'm happy to say that none of my concerns amounted to anything. Perfect amount of humor. It threw off the shackles of DC's horrific movies. Interactions and the relationship with the male lead were handled perfectly. And it did a great job distinguishing itself from Captain America. I applaud this DC movie, and really enjoyed myself.

That said, it wasn't a perfect movie. It was really good, and more importantly, did a great job showing that, yes, movie industry, we really CAN have female-led comic book movies. Tons of niggling errors, and some really campy fight stuff. Honestly, though, you're going to get that with every comic book movie. Every time they came up and I rolled my eyes, I'd ask myself if something similar had happened/could happen in a Marvel movie. Of course they could, and of course they have. So, whatever. I shrugged them off and really enjoyed myself.

It's probably behind five or six Marvel movies, if not more, but that isn't at all a bad thing. In fact, for DC, that's showing incredible progress.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder Woman

Release date: June 2, 2017
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Patty Jenkins
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for sequences of violence and action, and some suggestive content)
Screenwriters: Allan Heinberg, Geoff Johns, Patty Jenkins
Genre: Action, Adventure

Starring: Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Connie Nielsen, Robin Wright, David Thewlis, Danny Huston, Elena Anaya, Ewen Bremner, Lucy Davis, Lisa Loven Kongsli, Said Taghmaoui, Eugene Braverock

Plot Summary: “Wonder Woman” hits movie theaters around the world this summer when Gal Gadot returns as the title character in the epic action adventure from director Patty Jenkins. Before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, when an American pilot crashes on their shores and tells of a massive conflict raging in the outside world, Diana leaves her home, convinced she can stop the threat. Fighting alongside man in a war to end all wars, Diana will discover her full powers…and her true destiny.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm stoked to hear my concerns and rumors surrounding this movie have apparently been overblown.

Gadot was easily the best part of Bats v. Supes. Really looking forward to seeing this this week.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Haven't seen Lynda Carter in action since Super Troopers. She's still got it.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take this, instead...

But I hope to catch WW this week. ;)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
saw this yesterday. Absolutely the best DC has done. As Stout said, it aint perfect...but it is a very good origin story, it stays on track, and the movie is very entertaining. I will watch it again.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
My favorite line is when they put glasses on her and the secretary is like; "Oh specs! Good now she's not the most beautiful woman in the world..." lol That's probably not exact quote but it was something to that effect... Plus, a little superman ribbing is always good. :)

Even as a straight man I find Chris Pine incredibly handsome.

Right? It's the eyes, the guy is just dreamy. :p I dont necessarily want to go to bed with him, but if he asked me out for a soda or somethin ya know, I'd be down.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Pretty damn good!!!

It's not as good as the Marvel movies but the best DC has put out in years. WW is going to rule the show in The Justice League if they let her. Can't wait for #2

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
saw this yesterday. Absolutely the best DC has done. As Stout said, it aint perfect...but it is a very good origin story, it stays on track, and the movie is very entertaining. I will watch it again.

I totally agree! Best DC Films movie by a long shot. They finally got it right! Totally enjoyed it!

They nailed the casting on this one. Gal Gadot was fantastic and very believable. On top of that she is drop dead gorgeous! Chris Pine nailed his part as well!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Best DC film since Dark Knight and probably as good as the better 2nd tier Marvel movies.

I had my doubts about Gal Gadot, but she nailed it and she is one good looking woman. There's a sequence in the middle of the film at the front was just spectacular and really well done (it was also the first time we heard the WW theme).